IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd love Trossard and Almeron but never going to happen. Or Richarlison back :D

Both would improve us massively but we can’t be going down the £30-50m for no resale… if we’re getting older/established on big contracts it’s got to be out of contract or low/low price. Zaha’s out of contract in the summer - he’s not coming here but he’d be perfect in my opinion - would start every week. Gakpo will be an interesting one - loads of interest from mid-lower premier league teams in the summer and seems to have kicked on this season.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Putting this aside as it’s likely to be bullshit. 
His effort just isn’t here and hasn't been since Chelsea rumours. 
Honestly looks like another young lad who hasn’t handled pressure well and now feels he is the superstar.

Get your head on it, or play in the U23s.

He has the talent but his application is all wrong at the moment. He needs to drop this hard man act as well because it’s embarrassing for him, especially when he dives as much as he does.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No-one is paying close to £50mil now! 

Here's the thing. Short-sighted, yes we made a mistake not cashing in because in hindsight, we desperately needed that money to improve elsewhere. 

However, he's still so young, so there's every chance that he bounces back this season or next and ends up being the £50m+ player that we thought he could be

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Here's the thing. Short-sighted, yes we made a mistake not cashing in because in hindsight, we desperately needed that money to improve elsewhere. 

However, he's still so young, so there's every chance that he bounces back this season or next and ends up being the £50m+ player that we thought he could be

I think he will need a different manager and better teammates to look a genuine £50mil player. Even then I don't think he is one.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Just does the same thing over and over again. Loses the ball far too often. 

The thing that pisses me off most, and it's the same with Gray (not with McNeil, as he does absolutely nothing), is that he'll get the ball and then instead of taking the man on he'll stop and let the defender get set.

Just drive at them ffs.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The thing that pisses me off most, and it's the same with Gray (not with McNeil, as he does absolutely nothing), is that he'll get the ball and then instead of taking the man on he'll stop and let the defender get set.

Just drive at them ffs.

He lacks confidence, the whole team do. After he missed the chance at the end of the first half his head went down. 

Second half we got the ball at the back on the centre of the pitch. 
One side we had Gray when he came on, hugging the by line and inching forward ready to receive.

Other side we had Gordon walking back to the half way line with his hand up, saying na… don’t want it. 

As soon as he dyed his hair, he became another Barkley. I’m a superstar and don’t need to try anymore.

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

6 attempted dribbles, none successful from him

dribbles.JPG.7f925108be00fe1e96d6da05f0e302b3.JPG

Passing wise he completed just 1 pass in the final 1/3rd of the pitch.

Really not good enough for a player in his position

I am going to back Gordon up here because I have an element of sympathy for him. 

The basic theory is that you want a winger 1 v 1 with space to run into and exploit. You want them getting to the byline, or cutting inside at the centre backs.

What you dont want is to be running into two banks of opposition players with no support from your full back or midfield. 

Gordon didnt get a single chance to run at Bueno or Ait-Nouri. We moved the ball too slow, there was no space for him to attack, he had no support. 

I said this at the end of last season, but Ill repeat it again. Gordon is decent enough on the counter when he has space, when he can use his pace, when he can try and beat a man 1 v 1. He has absolutely nothing about him when those skills are nullified.