IGNORED

Ellis Simms

33 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Not a fan of the deal mechanics but I'm happy to move him on. most of us (me incl) were not fans of him when he was starting for us so I'd rather get rid.

Similarly I have no issue in shifting the young left back whom wouldn't have played this season....it's all about this season for me. After this season our FFP position should be excellent.

like others have said, it's about what we do with this money - time for some at this club to start earning their stripes. 

I haven’t really seen him play but if he was as big a talent as people make out then whose to say he wouldn’t have got a look in this season with only Mykelenko blocking his path to the first team?

18 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm fine with the mass exodus, our team is shit. What concerns me is how we're not replacing, and I don't trust the board to sign proper replacements.

It's going to be another massively shit season isn't it?

I wouldn’t bet against that and I quite like a punt. 

On 22/06/2023 at 08:04, Goodison Glory said:

What do you think is a fair price for him...£5M + add ons if promoted

5M seems cheap but he's not achieved much and looking at last years market hardly any players were bought by championship clubs for more than 5M.

Hi there, Determining a fair price for a player involves considering various factors such as their age, skill level, potential, market demand, and the financial situation of the clubs involved. While I can provide general insights, keep in mind that specific player valuations are subjective and can vary based on individual circumstances. It's important to note that player valuations can fluctuate greatly based on multiple factors, such as performance, contract duration, interest from other clubs, and the overall transfer market climate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 goals and an assist away at Wolves, what’s not to like 👍, he’s done something that no one could do for us when we lost 3-0 at the end of December, instead of running him down give him some credit for what he did today, the goals he scored and his assist and the way he led the line, splitting defence with good runs, holding the ball up and playing people in with some excellent passing. 

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sorry, should've specified. Wanted to get in here before *Palf screams about how we shouldn't have let him go

You got in before me, just a shame you posted a load of nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As much as I don't rate Simms, I really do like Coventry. They've been fantastic today and deserve this equaliser.

Simms has got both of their goals and they're nothing special, but they are both goals you'd worry our forwards would fluff this season.

Jake Bidwell there as well. 

42 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just getting in here before everyone screams about his brace and how we shouldn't have let him go. His first goal was a real stinker, his second a tap-in header from 3 yards out. 

He missed an absolute sitter in the first half.

They all count, and he's scored ten goals in his last eight appearances.

• 2 weeks later...

Simms gets another brace, once again doing what our players aren’t capable of and scoring with regularity. Look at his first an absolute brilliant strike, DCLs never hit a ball like that in his life before that’s the sort of technique I could sit and admire all day pure perfection. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Simms gets another brace, once again doing what our players aren’t capable of and scoring with regularity. Look at his first an absolute brilliant strike, DCLs never hit a ball like that in his life before that’s the sort of technique I could sit and admire all day pure perfection. 

Great strike.

Another premature exit from the club. If we couldn't get anything better, why get rid of him? For just 8 million?

Ditto Gray (8 million) - fast, could shoot, could beat a man.

Even Iwobi had skill.

What have we got now? No pace, no skill, no shooting boots, no clue.

Not looking back and thinking these players were any more than bang average, but they are better than what we have.

50 minutes ago, Formby said:

Great strike.

Another premature exit from the club. If we couldn't get anything better, why get rid of him? For just 8 million?

Ditto Gray (8 million) - fast, could shoot, could beat a man.

Even Iwobi had skill.

What have we got now? No pace, no skill, no shooting boots, no clue.

Not looking back and thinking these players were any more than bang average, but they are better than what we have.

His first one was a cracker like.

We sold him because he wanted to leave and we saw how the money would be pure profit on our books. Plus he was 22/23 so it's not like he was a kid that we (as in the club) didn't know much about. If they come up and he does the business in the PL then I'll hold my hands up but it wasn't that long ago that he went on a long stretch of not scoring and couldn't get in their team.

Gray was another opportunity to make huge profit on a cheap signing, and obviously there was more to him leaving than just that as well.

Iwobi wouldn't sign a new contract so we needed to get shut of him. Again for the books.

We shouldn't need to be doing this sort of thing, selling people because of profit etc, but that's what the PL has created and we needed to go down this route.

At the end of the day though (sorry Mike :lol:), it's not the selling of these players that is the problem. It's how they've been replaced.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

His first one was a cracker like.

We sold him because he wanted to leave and we saw how the money would be pure profit on our books. Plus he was 22/23 so it's not like he was a kid that we (as in the club) didn't know much about. If they come up and he does the business in the PL then I'll hold my hands up but it wasn't that long ago that he went on a long stretch of not scoring and couldn't get in their team.

Gray was another opportunity to make huge profit on a cheap signing, and obviously there was more to him leaving than just that as well.

Iwobi wouldn't sign a new contract so we needed to get shut of him. Again for the books.

We shouldn't need to be doing this sort of thing, selling people because of profit etc, but that's what the PL has created and we needed to go down this route.

At the end of the day though (sorry Mike :lol:), it's not the selling of these players that is the problem. It's how they've been replaced.

He left because he was told by the Ginger winger he had no place in his plans, if anyone couldn’t see that he was a great finisher then they deserve a manager like Dyche. 

I remember a time when Everton supporters had pride in how they wanted the club to play, that’s seems to have disappeared, to think with the right management we could have had Simms smashing balls like that into the net for us, but alas we’ve got an absolute prick managing our club and a bigger one who owns it. 
This season Simms is simply better than what we have and we let him go for close to what Gomes is picking up a year in wages, fucking ridiculous decision from a team and a club with no direction. 
But then of course what do I know, I’ve been telling this story for 2 years now that he is a clinical finisher and we needed to keep, whether some like it or not I know when a player is worth keeping and developing, even though I was ridiculed by most for sticking to my guns 💪🏻