IGNORED

Ellis Simms

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've said many times I don't believe he's PL quality but if he shows more like he did for his goal I'll be more than happy to change my mind on that score.

The way he left Koulibaly for dead was quality, and then to keep his composure to take the shot on? Lovely!

The keeper should have done better with the actual shot but I've lost count of the amount of times I've thought "just fucking shoot, see what happens!" only for our player to shirk the responsibility and the opportunity is wasted. He saw what happened - GOAL!

Maybe he could do with regular starts which will show whether he can cut it or not. Let's face it, we've nothing to lose as it goes.

35 minutes ago, badaids said:

Great goal but let’s not start getting ahead of ourselves. If he can come on and score 3 or 4 more goals between now and the end of the season that will be great. More than that is a bonus.

That would make him our leading goal scorer, that's big of you give him 15 minutes a game and expect him to be leading goal scorer, no pressure there. I'm not getting carried away I'm quite disappointed he should have been here from the beginning of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That would make him our leading goal scorer, that's big of you give him 15 minutes a game and expect him to be leading goal scorer, no pressure there. I'm not getting carried away I'm quite disappointed he should have been here from the beginning of the season. 

15 mins a game and being leading scorer sounds like a mental statement until you realise how many goals it would take to actually be our leading scorer. 

Great goal and showed the attributes we know he has. It doesn’t make him a starter as we seen cos Liverpool as he doesn’t know the role to play as lone striker.  

Dyche knows what he’s doing, simms is a great option from the bench whilst he learns the ropes. 

Reminded me of a Lukaku type finish; run on to it, showed strength and enough power to make up for the lack of precision.

Always thought it was ridiculous to write him off so soon, every player needs a run of games especially kids. Not that I'm getting carried away either. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Reminded me of a Lukaku type finish; run on to it, showed strength and enough power to make up for the lack of precision.

That's exactly what I was just coming in here to post. Lukaku actually did something very similar against Chelsea if you remember.

Can't stop thinking about Koulibaly getting absolutely embarrassed and then flailing around trying to get back to Simms :lol: .

On 21/01/2023 at 14:57, Romey 1878 said:

Fucking idiotic decision to bring him back. He was never, ever going to make any impact. 

On 21/01/2023 at 15:38, Shukes said:

Never understood it. 

Really maybe yesterday has helped you understand a bit more 😂

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Really maybe yesterday has helped you understand a bit more 😂

If I was sad enough to go back through all your posts I think I'd find plenty to throw at you, but I'm not so I'll just let you crack on ;).

It's one goal though and I'll still be very surprised if at he ultimately goes on to have a long career with us. However, I do genuinely hope he does.

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I was sad enough to go back through all your posts I think I'd find plenty to throw at you, but I'm not so I'll just let you crack on ;).

It's one goal though and I'll still be very surprised if at he ultimately goes on to have a long career with us. However, I do genuinely hope he does.

Sorry mate couldn't resist, wasn't trolling anyone in particular but when I saw Sir Alfs post under yours I couldn't resist, just a bit of banter mate and pleased you see it that way, I think we can all do with a bit of piss taking delivering and receiving, helps to get us through the dark times. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I hope he does really really do. Any player that does anything for our team gets my support. 
I would love nothing more than this lad to make me look absolutely foolish.

I know that mate. Everyone seems to have forgotten how to have a laugh at the moment which is a shame, but I'll keep taking the piss mate in the hope people give it back and we can have a bit of fun 🤩 

As Saturday proved (and a fair few game before) - 1 goal make the difference between no point, 1 point or three points. Simms won us a point on Saturday - one or two more game deciding goals WILL make the difference between relegation and staying up.

That goal will give his confidence a massive boost - he had a fair bit to do before the ball hit the back of the net  - he generally might still be a Championship player - but that was a Premiership goal.

That goal is going to give Simms the opportunity to get plenty more minutes between now and the end of the season. This is the lads golden opportunity to stake a claim to being a member of a Premiership squad. Its up to him to now grab it. 

It would great if he could become a successful PL striker, for him and the finances of the club.  Posslbly the hardest position to fill in a team unless of course you have the money and credentials to attract the best in the world, to think we have developed 2 of our own with another 2 out on loan impressing is credit the coaches past and present. Would be nice to get a few decent defenders and midfielders coming out of the academy as well. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What I liked was that Dyche said after the game that earlier in the week Simms had gone to him and asked him what he needed to do, Dyche responded by asking what he thought he needed to do himself. Simms told him four things and Dyche just said "yes".

Brilliant from the pair of them.

I love hearing these stories.

1 - the open door policy from Dyche and the fact a young fridge players feels comfortable going to him for guidance.

2 - the maturity from Simms and awareness of what he thinks his faults are.

3 - he went out and got a goal which is just huge for him.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

1 - the open door policy from Dyche and the fact a young fridge players feels comfortable going to him for guidance.

Personally I’m a bit cool towards him 😀

10 hours ago, Btay said:

I love how cool-headed they are sometimes. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

Dyche is like a fridge magnet 🧲 to these youngsters, it's obvious to see why they are so attracted to him.