IGNORED

Ellis Simms

Reading through these comments is exactly why I do think he is the answer.

When he is being criticised for having a lack of heart and feeling going injuries in the championship, it’s hard to imagine him making a dent on the premier league.

But that’s why he is there, to learn a den grow. And as they say, his last match was much better. And his help ok defence is also a good sign.

Overall though, it’s telling us he isn’t quite ready for this level yet. I’ll be interested in seeing how he comes back at the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Reading through these comments is exactly why I do think he is the answer.

When he is being criticised for having a lack of heart and feeling going injuries in the championship, it’s hard to imagine him making a dent on the premier league.

But that’s why he is there, to learn a den grow. And as they say, his last match was much better. And his help ok defence is also a good sign.

Overall though, it’s telling us he isn’t quite ready for this level yet. I’ll be interested in seeing how he comes back at the end of the season.

He will definitely be ready then because we will probably be in the league he's now performing in 😉

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StevO said:

If we can bring him back, just bring him back. It’s worth a try. 

Impossible to be worse than Maupay yet quite easy to be an improvement. If they have an option to bring him back, then only an idiot wouldn't implement that option, stand up Lampard you divvy and reverse your original mistake. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Impossible to be worse than Maupay yet quite easy to be an improvement. If they have an option to bring him back, then only an idiot wouldn't implement that option, stand up Lampard you divvy and reverse your original mistake. 

Should never have gone in the first place. The loan has done him good no doubt but there’s every possibility he could have helped out and we could have loaned him in January with Dom fit & bring in another striker. 

Decisions looks even worse now we’ve released Rondon. Leaving us with just Maupay & Cannon. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Should never have gone in the first place. The loan has done him good no doubt but there’s every possibility he could have helped out and we could have loaned him in January with Dom fit & bring in another striker. 

Decisions looks even worse now we’ve released Rondon. Leaving us with just Maupay & Cannon. 

That's because we're about to invest heavily in a quality striker - if not two.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Think it shows we’ve realised we’ve got no fucking chance of being able to sign a striker of any sort of quality. 

I think if it’s between recalling Simms or paying 10/15 mil for the lad at Coventry I would take Simms.

I hope, very much so it’s a case of Simms coming back & another striker with Cannon going on loan perhaps.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

You sound surprised by that fact, I personally don't think we are attractive or tempting enough for anyone with quality.  

Oh I don't think it's because we aren't attractive as such, I think it's because of how hamstrung we are financially. Which is massively worrying.

I don't think he's good enough but that's just opinion, so it's irrelevant and I would love to be wrong about it.

For me, this move means it's only Simms that will be bolstering us up front, otherwise what's the point in us making this move? On that basis I think we're down, gone, see you later.

He's either going to be playing a lot during a relegation fight, which is putting an unfair burden on a young lad who doesn't have much football experience, or he's going to sit on the bench for 80/85 minutes a game and then be chucked on at the end (again, unfairly expecting him to make the difference), stifling his development.

I think this is a terrible move for him, and a worrying and insane one for us.

But, hey ho, let's hope Lampard actually changes things and goes with two strikers on the pitch. Then it might actually make sense for us and help the lad develop too.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Oh I don't think it's because we aren't attractive as such, I think it's because of how hamstrung we are financially. Which is massively worrying.

I don't think he's good enough but that's just opinion, so it's irrelevant and I would love to be wrong about it.

For me, this move means it's only Simms that will be bolstering us up front, otherwise what's the point in us making this move? On that basis I think we're down, gone, see you later.

He's either going to be playing a lot during a relegation fight, which is putting an unfair burden on a young lad who doesn't have much football experience, or he's going to sit on the bench for 80/85 minutes a game and then be chucked on at the end (again, unfairly expecting him to make the difference), stifling his development.

I think this is a terrible move for him, and a worrying and insane one for us.

But, hey ho, let's hope Lampard actually changes things and goes with two strikers on the pitch. Then it might actually make sense for us and help the lad develop too.

I understand your concerns, I've never thought he's the answer to were we ultimately want to be, far from it, but having said that we have many players that don't look they are capable of improving the team. I just thought he offered more than most of the others, by continually scoring in all his loans he may not be the best in other aspects of his game, but as a finisher there is imo no one in the team who comes close to him, his striking of the ball and accuracy are impressive to say the least, and hopefully if any opportunities come his way he will dispatch them, and if not we are massively in the shit because we seem to have no else available who can finish.  

It’s not good is it.  This is resignation to the fact that maupay is not adequate cover for dcl.

im not saying simms can’t do a good job, he’s in the same boat as cannon - 2 young lads who will score goals against lesser opponents but we just don’t know what they will do against proper premier level defenders. 

our club is a shit show.  We have struggled for goals before selling Richarlison. Every team knows they can go at us cos we are likely to struggle to score as many as them.