IGNORED

Ellis Simms

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

But this is a different mission in a instead of wanting a player out and then not wanting him to return,  I wanted a player kept in who could have done a job for us whilst we were trying to secure a new forward. I’m like Captain Kirk I love a good mission and will battle till my mission is complete😂

Captain Kirk was also in a fantasy. 😂

12 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Management is also about doing what’s best for the team in the long run. 2 games does not a season make.

No but we saw how vital a single point is last season. I am firmly for him being on loan but I feel we should have gotten someone else in first.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ll stick with trusting the opinion at the club like Frank and Paul Clements, rather than you, Palfy. 😂

Of course the opinions at this club have been spot on for quite a while now haven’t they. Some people can’t think for themselves even though the evidence is starring them directly in their face😂

Great goal from Simms against QPR yesterday for those who haven’t witnessed it it was a pure strikers goal. Long ball played up to him centrally and 20 yards from goal covered by 2 defenders managed to knock it back to a team mate who was running to join him, then he spins with strength into the area to receive the ball uses his strength to hold off his marker one touch to take away from the challenge and set it up perfectly for his right peg for low hard shot to his left hand corner giving the keeper no chance. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Great goal from Simms against QPR yesterday for those who haven’t witnessed it it was a pure strikers goal. Long ball played up to him centrally and 20 yards from goal covered by 2 defenders managed to knock it back to a team mate who was running to join him, then he spins with strength into the area to receive the ball uses his strength to hold off his marker one touch to take away from the challenge and set it up perfectly for his right peg for low hard shot to his left hand corner giving the keeper no chance. 

I have seen it, really good link up and finish. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Do you think it’s worth recalling him and playing him up front? I don’t, I’d have liked to have seen him get a chance in pre season though to be sure about that. 

let’s be honest, Anthony Gordon is living proof after the likes of Davies, Barkley, osman, that fans literally will not give homegrown talent a chance to develop.  It’s a brutal situation where fans will literally say whether or big they think the player will make it or not and will let it be known to them. 

fingers cross the lad bangs in a load more . 

If you could recall him 100% bring him back we’ve got nothing any better right now, let’s be honest if you are good enough to produce the sort of goal, you can do it in the league above the gulf isn’t as big as you might think, look at the teams who have come up with their championship players, watching Forrest right now against West Ham no huge difference in class actually Forrest are winning and looking the better team. If 50% of the PL were to be relegated 25% would take a few years to get back up if ever. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Of course the opinions at this club have been spot on for quite a while now haven’t they. Some people can’t think for themselves even though the evidence is starring them directly in their face😂

But the people at the club have only been there since the last week of January. We’ve got multiple European cup winners across the coaching staff, playing and coaching. 

I don’t think your credentials match up to theirs to be honest. When you win a European cup as a coach, like Paul Clements and Joe Edwards have, or as a player, like Frank and Ashley Cole have, I’ll trust you more than I trust them. I’ll be waiting for quite some time, I’m sure. 😂

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Do you think it’s worth recalling him and playing him up front? I don’t, I’d have liked to have seen him get a chance in pre season though to be sure about that. 

let’s be honest, Anthony Gordon is living proof after the likes of Davies, Barkley, osman, that fans literally will not give homegrown talent a chance to develop.  It’s a brutal situation where fans will literally say whether or big they think the player will make it or not and will let it be known to them. 

fingers cross the lad bangs in a load more . 

It’s not so much worth recalling him but i think it was worth keeping him in the squad and loaning him out towards the end of the window or once we had enough depth in the squad. Lampard said Rondon isn’t fit enough to start ( not sure why ) so it’s even more perplexing that we’ve let him go on loan at that stage.

He needs the loan and I hope he does well but we would benefit having him here now.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s not so much worth recalling him but i think it was worth keeping him in the squad and loaning him out towards the end of the window or once we had enough depth in the squad. Lampard said Rondon isn’t fit enough to start ( not sure why ) so it’s even more perplexing that we’ve let him go on loan at that stage.

He needs the loan and I hope he does well but we would benefit having him here now.

Well at the time of the loan we had DCL healthy and looking good and Rondon as temporary cover until we brought in another striker. Bit unreasonable to risk getting Simms a high quality loan because maybe DCL gets hurt slipping in the shower or whatever before we bring that other striker in. Just one of those things. In retrospect woulda been nice to have him for these couple games but hindsight is always 20/20.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

If we kept him until the end of the window we may not have got a good loan for him. Clubs always want the players in early, even us apparently, so they may have picked up an alternative. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

Perhaps it was the quality of the joke to blame 😀.

I get it, I was just making the point that as poor as he’s been for us it was obvious he’s a better option than Gordon.

No doubt, I was even saying at half time where I was watching it that we needed to get him on. It wasn't even because I thought he'd win many balls (I actually think he's been a big disappointment in that regard) but just to give the Villa defenders someone they'd actually have to go towards to mark. Our front three didn't need marking whatsoever, they were abysmal.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No doubt, I was even saying at half time where I was watching it that we needed to get him on. It wasn't even because I thought he'd win many balls (I actually think he's been a big disappointment in that regard) but just to give the Villa defenders someone they'd actually have to go towards to mark. Our front three didn't need marking whatsoever, they were abysmal.

Rondon is not a terrible footballer he’s just old and seemingly always out of shape. He still might be  a better hold up player than DCL and I’d trust him with a shot from outside the box before Dom. You can see how he was a reasonably productive player years ago. That said he needs to be 3rd choice at best for us.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Rondon is not a terrible footballer he’s just old and seemingly always out of shape. He still might be  a better hold up player than DCL and I’d trust him with a shot from outside the box before Dom. You can see how he was a reasonably productive player years ago. That said he needs to be 3rd choice at best for us.

He is a terrible footballer. He disappeared off to China to play with no-names because no team in a serious league would want him. The only reason he's here is because our former manager was also at that same Chinese club and for some reason thought it a brilliant idea to waste money.

35 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

He is a terrible footballer. He disappeared off to China to play with no-names because no team in a serious league would want him. The only reason he's here is because our former manager was also at that same Chinese club and for some reason thought it a brilliant idea to waste money.

He went to China because he was 29 and presumably that’s where he could get paid the best. He also was transferred there for just shy of 20m.   Worth noting that he scored 11 league goals before he left. The Rondon move made all the sense in the world. We had effectively no money that window. Makes sense to bring in a player Rafa knew well who had good experience in the league. Also, waste of money? He was a free transfer who is on 20k a week, making him one of the lowest paid senior players at Everton. He is incredibly cheap so there is no real risk to us from that perspective. 

He may be past it now but it’s just not true to say he’s terrible at football or somehow costing us significant money. He was brought in as a placeholder at a time we couldn’t spend.

29 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He went to China because he was 29 and presumably that’s where he could get paid the best. He also was transferred there for just shy of 20m.   Worth noting that he scored 11 league goals before he left. The Rondon move made all the sense in the world. We had effectively no money that window. Makes sense to bring in a player Rafa knew well who had good experience in the league. Also, waste of money? He was a free transfer who is on 20k a week, making him one of the lowest paid senior players at Everton. He is incredibly cheap so there is no real risk to us from that perspective. 

He may be past it now but it’s just not true to say he’s terrible at football or somehow costing us significant money. He was brought in as a placeholder at a time we couldn’t spend.

[[sarcasm mode on]]

Then let's go to the Chinese leagues again and bring in a midfielder and another striker. After all, they'll be cheap, right?

[[sarcasm mode off]]

52 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

[[sarcasm mode on]]

Then let's go to the Chinese leagues again and bring in a midfielder and another striker. After all, they'll be cheap, right?

[[sarcasm mode off]]

We can take it to another thread if need be. My point, which was obvious, is both that he cost essentially nothing so this “waste of money” stuff isn’t relevant and that he has had a decent record in the premier league before he left. He might be past it now but it’s because he’s about to be 33, not because he’s never known how to play.

1 minute ago, SpartyBlue said:

We can take it to another thread if need be. My point, which was obvious, is both that he cost essentially nothing so this “waste of money” stuff isn’t relevant and that he has had a decent record in the premier league before he left. He might be past it now but it’s because he’s about to be 33, not because he’s never known how to play.

The fact that he was a tolerable player a decade ago doesn't take away from the fact that he's a terrible player today. If "he cost essentially nothing", then we got what we paid for. Is this what we expect of Everton? Personally, I expect a lot more.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

The fact that he was a tolerable player a decade ago doesn't take away from the fact that he's a terrible player today. If "he cost essentially nothing", then we got what we paid for. Is this what we expect of Everton? Personally, I expect a lot more.

Well it was 3 years ago, and for whatever the Chinese League is he performed well there also. 

I agree he’s not been good enough but he’s still our best CF option at the moment