IGNORED

Ellis Simms

27 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I feel sorry for those kids that invest their youth and effort with a top club only to find their dreams dashed and  that they are not going to attain the standard required. On the other hand it does give them the chance as professionals in the lower leagues.

It’s cut throat, but it’s the kind of thing clubs now tell players. They know as they are getting older (13-14) they need to have an eye on the world away from football, or at least from being a player, or look at lower leagues. Families need to be honest with them too. Of course they will need encouragement from the clubs and families to push them to hopefully make the most of the opportunities they have, like many of them at Everton got the chance to go to the states with the first team to show what they can do and see the levels required up close, and hopefully some will make it. For the ones that don’t, clubs will try to get them into lower league where possible. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

My lads just got into the advanced training development at Shrewsbury, and I’m having to explain to him that he needs to make sure he keeps his grades up as it’s still a one in a million chance of making it. 
He is nine years old and is determined he is going to be a professional, and it worry’s me sick that he might have his heart broken. I stress so much more than he does over it.

Congrats to your boy, I hope he makes it, but your right, he needs to have a good education regardless as it gives him choice about his future. 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Congrats to your boy, I hope he makes it, but your right, he needs to have a good education regardless as it gives him choice about his future. 

Thanks mate. I do my best to keep him grounded and make sure his grades stay where they are. 
He is a much smarter lad at 9 than I was at 12, and by far a better footballer haha.

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Thanks mate. I do my best to keep him grounded and make sure his grades stay where they are. 
He is a much smarter lad at 9 than I was at 12, and by far a better footballer haha.

My boy is 4 and he's already telling me when I am wrong 🤣

Tell your son that when people run out of good choices they start to make bad ones, a good education whether academic or vocational gives you more good choices to make throughout life.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

My lads just got into the advanced training development at Shrewsbury, and I’m having to explain to him that he needs to make sure he keeps his grades up as it’s still a one in a million chance of making it. 
He is nine years old and is determined he is going to be a professional, and it worry’s me sick that he might have his heart broken. I stress so much more than he does over it.

All you can do is give him support and advice and hopefully he will be a success. My grandson, 6 years old, is doing really well for his age in Tae Kwondo, loves it but his parents are trying to keep him grounded.

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

When I was involved with Swindon the club took it upon it’s self keep tabs on the progress of the kids education, they instilled that education and football were equally as important, the kids soon learnt they couldn’t have what they loved without giving the same effort to their education. A program that probably helped hundreds achieve a good career outside of football. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

When I was involved with Swindon the club took it upon it’s self keep tabs on the progress of the kids education, they instilled that education and football were equally as important, the kids soon learnt they couldn’t have what they loved without giving the same effort to their education. A program that probably helped hundreds achieve a good career outside of football. 

This is still in place now. The only downside is the good players get a bit of a free ride. My mate worked (until last month) at a school with a few players from Wigan and City. He was a the contact at the school for the clubs, he would feed back when grades had dropped, the kids still get picked for the next game. 
Obviously can’t paint every club with that brush, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

This is still in place now. The only downside is the good players get a bit of a free ride. My mate worked (until last month) at a school with a few players from Wigan and City. He was a the contact at the school for the clubs, he would feed back when grades had dropped, the kids still get picked for the next game. 
Obviously can’t paint every club with that brush, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

I get that Steve but better some programs in place than none even as you said they will be open to abuse in some cases. As for Shukes he understands the pitfalls and will be progressing his boys football by encouraging his education as being just as important. As we get older we get wiser and realise life’s better when you have options and opportunities, and a good education helps open many doors. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I get that Steve but better some programs in place than none even as you said they will be open to abuse in some cases. As for Shukes he understands the pitfalls and will be progressing his boys football by encouraging his education as being just as important. As we get older we get wiser and realise life’s better when you have options and opportunities, and a good education helps open many doors. 

Completely agree. Probably the family would be needing to push education more than the clubs, from a reality check point of view. 

On 09/05/2022 at 15:11, Palfy said:

Could  he be the natural finisher we’ve missed this season, when he pulls the the trigger it hits the target with accuracy and power. Frank loves nothing better than working with and improving youngsters who have shown that they possess the natural ability, I really hope he gets some decent opportunities next season. 

On 19/06/2022 at 19:32, Palfy said:

I would give him his opportunity as back up to DCL instead of Rondon or buying another bench striker that we don’t have the funds for any way, he’s had some decent loans already and scored where ever he’s been, maybe not prolifically but still gave a good return. Most importantly he is natural finisher and has scored some cracking goals that’s the hardest thing to try and teach how to finish, he may lack some positional sense but with some good coaching and being In and around the first team it can only benefit him. 

On 29/07/2022 at 13:36, Palfy said:

Who knows, I really thought he would get a chance as back up to DCL this season, he went with the team to the state’s, yet hasn't had a minute in any of the friendlies and is now off on loan. 

I really think Lampard has fucked up allowing this Lad to go out on another season long loan, he was a ready made back up for DCL he’s proved himself where ever he’s gone and his first game in the championship he proves himself again. 
You sell your best player who can get you goals and don’t replace him, your main striker is turning into a sick note and your back ups are Rondon and Dele 2 of the poorest players in the squad, then you send Simms out on loan. I know we all like Frank but in any judgment that is a poor piece of management right there, and don’t know what signals that is sending out to Simms when he knows he’s good enough to have made a difference yesterday, the lad must be thinking fuck you Lampard my future obviously doesn’t lie with you, I know I would be. 
Any how good luck to the lad hope he gets 20 goals this season and contract from Sunderland. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I really think Lampard has fucked up allowing this Lad to go out on another season long loan, he was a ready made back up for DCL he’s proved himself where ever he’s gone and his first game in the championship he proves himself again. 
You sell your best player who can get you goals and don’t replace him, your main striker is turning into a sick note and your back ups are Rondon and Dele 2 of the poorest players in the squad, then you send Simms out on loan. I know we all like Frank but in any judgment that is a poor piece of management right there, and don’t know what signals that is sending out to Simms when he knows he’s good enough to have made a difference yesterday, the lad must be thinking fuck you Lampard my future obviously doesn’t lie with you, I know I would be. 
Any how good luck to the lad hope he gets 20 goals this season and contract from Sunderland. 

Tbf they have coaches his back room staff who look at players.  Simms clearly isn’t ready for premier league or he would take a chance on him.   Massive difference between the levels.

I would have liked to have seen him but we need to trust the staff. 

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Tbf they have coaches his back room staff who look at players.  Simms clearly isn’t ready for premier league or he would take a chance on him.   Massive difference between the levels.

I would have liked to have seen him but we need to trust the staff. 

Okay then I trust the staff who was the better option than him yesterday, it wasn’t Gordon he was terrible as the 9 it wasn’t Dele, you need 3 strikers in a team, we’ve got 2 in DCL and Rondon, Simms should have been kept as the 3rd  or 2nd in front of Rondon, he’s proved again he’s good enough, l won’t get into a massive debate with this because nothing anyone can say will change my view that it’s a unmitigated fuck up letting him go, I’m just pleased for him that where ever he goes he proves he’s got what it takes, just a shame Frank can’t see it. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Okay then I trust the staff who was the better option than him yesterday, it wasn’t Gordon he was terrible as the 9 it wasn’t Dele, you need 3 strikers in a team, we’ve got 2 in DCL and Rondon, Simms should have been kept as the 3rd  or 2nd in front of Rondon, he’s proved again he’s good enough, l won’t get into a massive debate with this because nothing anyone can say will change my view that it’s a unmitigated fuck up letting him go, I’m just pleased for him that where ever he goes he proves he’s got what it takes, just a shame Frank can’t see it. 

But that’s the point.  Lampard gives young players a chance, he always has. If they are good enough they will get time.  He would have been up against two centre half greets yesterday. 

simms from my understanding is very very raw. Big, strong, pacey but movement and control way off.   He will be assessed in training matches and it’s clear he’s not ready. It won’t just be lampards take, but Clements, joes, Cole’s etc. 

yes we need strikers, but over promoting someone who isn’t ready isn’t gonna work. 

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s great he is scoring over there, but let’s be honest here…. Those goals are not scored in the premier league. It was more down to atrocious goalkeeping that’s finishing. 

I hope he does progress I really do. But there’s a long way to go.

So you would say he still isn’t good enough to be the number 3 or he’s still not good enough to challenge Rondon, Jesus open your eyes scoring goals isn’t down to the standard of the keepers, it’s about getting in the right areas and hitting the target 🎯 and he’s a natural at doing that, and why he scores where ever he goes, and let’s be very honest the championship isn’t a mugs league for strikers I think Mitrovic proved that against the shite yesterday. Now fuck off and enjoy your trip looking at windmills 😂

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

So you would say he still isn’t good enough to be the number 3 or he’s still not good enough to challenge Rondon, Jesus open your eyes scoring goals isn’t down to the standard of the keepers, it’s about getting in the right areas and hitting the target 🎯 and he’s a natural at doing that, and why he scores where ever he goes, and let’s be very honest the championship isn’t a mugs league for strikers I think Mitrovic proved that against the shite yesterday. Now fuck off and enjoy your trip looking at windmills 😂

Tbf you make a good point, mitrovic scored 43 goals in 44 games. He would do well to get 15 in the prem, that’s the difference in levels. 

12 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

13 to go then until May

Yep, but the point still remains - a prem level striker can get 43 goals in the championship.  World class strikers playing for the likes of Man City do well to get 30 in the prem. 

look at the likes of David nugent, billy sharp, absolutely smashed it in that league.  I’m not discounting it, but take yesterday… a 37 year old centre half was able to nullify young fast skilful lads by intelligent positioning.   The premier league is a whole different level. If you manage to get in a position to score you have world class keepers to beat. 

I’ve had my eye on him and would love to see him play, looks an exciting player but got to be realistic. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

I also hope he gets 20 goals for Sunderland, but only because that benefits us. 
Playing against Bristol City and playing against Koulibaly and Thiago Silva is a very different kettle of fish.