IGNORED

Ellis Simms

14 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Assume that Blackpool are in to the playoffs?

7 goals & 2 assists from 20 games (1 regular remaining), not a bad return from a first loan spell.

Indeed, 3rd place with a game to go. As things stand will play Portsmouth in the play-offs with a final against either Sunderland or Lincoln City. 

I'd love Blackpool to be back in the Championship (and then the Premier League). Found them to be a decent bunch when they were in the top flight and managed to get down to a game when Everton weren't playing a few years ago, in their ''derby'' against Morecambe which they won 3-0. Despite the town itself being a bit of a shithole, it's a footballing place that I'd like to see doing well. Ellis Simms doing well also is of course an added bonus!

10 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Indeed, 3rd place with a game to go. As things stand will play Portsmouth in the play-offs with a final against either Sunderland or Lincoln City. 

I'd love Blackpool to be back in the Championship (and then the Premier League). Found them to be a decent bunch when they were in the top flight and managed to get down to a game when Everton weren't playing a few years ago, in their ''derby'' against Morecambe which they won 3-0. Despite the town itself being a bit of a shithole, it's a footballing place that I'd like to see doing well. Ellis Simms doing well also is of course an added bonus!

Was a big fan of them under Ian Holloway and their attacking football. Would be perfect having them in the prem or at least championship as a local loan destination as well.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Scored the winning goal for them today.

Was a decent goal. Ball into his feet which he turned around the corner, followed into the box and right foot volley into the bottom corner.

Every time I see him he’s even bigger. Really physical presence

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

Voted MOM.

First goal was Lukaku-esq. 

Think it’s time to discuss if he’s an option for next season because he is an out and out goal scorer. Should feature in pre season at minimum 

If he isn't out on loan again next season at the next level up then our summer recruitment has not gone well.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he isn't out on loan again next season at the next level up then our summer recruitment has not gone well.

I’m just saying he’s done enough on to pose the question if he can play a role of some sort. 20/15 minutes to go and chasing a game, he’s a goal scorer. I think he’s done enough to warrant being looked at over pre season - if Carlo thinks he needs another loan great but if he feels there’s a role for him, why not? 

10 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m just saying he’s done enough on to pose the question if he can play a role of some sort. 20/15 minutes to go and chasing a game, he’s a goal scorer. I think he’s done enough to warrant being looked at over pre season - if Carlo thinks he needs another loan great but if he feels there’s a role for him, why not? 

Because he's doing it in League 1... if Carlo feels there's a role for him it's because we've completely and utterly fucked up this summer and there is no other option.

23 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The most impressive part about those two goals is the touch and pass for the second. Both perfectly done.

As for the rest of what happens, I am not sure he gets those chances in the Championship let alone the Premier League. 

1st goal is great movement though, spins off his man gets in behind with his pace, the flick over the top is great and a good strike.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Because he's doing it in League 1... if Carlo feels there's a role for him it's because we've completely and utterly fucked up this summer and there is no other option.

Don’t get me wrong, I still expect us get another striker in - someone with a different skill set to DCL but I would hope they are at least looking at him.

On 18/05/2021 at 23:04, Btay said:

1st goal is great movement though, spins off his man gets in behind with his pace, the flick over the top is great and a good strike.

My impression was more that it was poor defending. The turning circle (and pace) of their CB makes me think I should ring up for a trial. There should never have been anywhere near the space for that flick and the strike hits the keeper if it wasn't for the deflection.

I think it is impressive that he can bully experienced centre backs at that level though, most young lads struggle. He just needs to keep refining his game as he goes up the leagues. I could easily see him developing into a Chris Wood type striker at the least if he can keep continuing to develop.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

My impression was more that it was poor defending. The turning circle (and pace) of their CB makes me think I should ring up for a trial. There should never have been anywhere near the space for that flick and the strike hits the keeper if it wasn't for the deflection.

I think it is impressive that he can bully experienced centre backs at that level though, most young lads struggle. He just needs to keep refining his game as he goes up the leagues. I could easily see him developing into a Chris Wood type striker at the least if he can keep continuing to develop.

I think he’s deceptively quick for his size though - not quite explosive like Dom or Lukaku. Watching the game he uses his body so well already and really looked after the ball for Blackpool when played up to him. 

What ever happens with him I fully support - I just don’t think we need to go an splash £££ on another Moise Kean with him in the ranks. 

On 20/05/2021 at 23:37, Btay said:

I think he’s deceptively quick for his size though - not quite explosive like Dom or Lukaku. Watching the game he uses his body so well already and really looked after the ball for Blackpool when played up to him. 

What ever happens with him I fully support - I just don’t think we need to go an splash £££ on another Moise Kean with him in the ranks. 

I do after watching him last night. Must admit I was really disappointed. He is a massive lad but he looked well off the pace. He lost a lot of balls he was favourite to win and when he did win them his touch gave the ball away. 

There was a massive contrast between him and his strike partner who was sharp as you like and showed a lot more ability. 

49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I do after watching him last night. Must admit I was really disappointed. He is a massive lad but he looked well off the pace. He lost a lot of balls he was favourite to win and when he did win them his touch gave the ball away. 

There was a massive contrast between him and his strike partner who was sharp as you like and showed a lot more ability. 

I haven’t seen any of the game but that’s a shame. Especially after the first play off he was immense and dominated the line for Blackpool.