IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Saturday February 2nd

markjazzbassist

34 minutes ago, nogs said:

And we kept conceding 3 or 4 and finished 11th twice. I for one stopped being able to enjoy the attacking decide because we were so awful at the back. 

Yeah losing 3-6 to Chelsea was much more enjoyable than losing 1-3 to Wolverfuckinghampton. We smashed Arsenal, and stunned United at Old Trafford, while playing on a high risk at the back with the likes of Bryan Oviedo, aging Distin and occasionally Antolin Alcaraz. When was the last time we beat a top 6 side? We have since spent a fortune and we're not looking any better. I keep wondering what would Martinez do has he got the money or what he would do with our current squad. One thing is obvious, Martinez was our best manager post Moyes era.

I just don’t see any point in changing manager again right now. 

I think we’ve got a serious mental state where the players think “here we go again”. Almost like they can perform shit knowing the manager will go before them.

Marco Silva didn’t instruct Baines to bring his man down 5 minutes into the game.

He didn’t tell Coleman to drift off Jimenez for the piece & definitely didn’t suggest to Keane it’s a good area to give away a needless foul.

Our style of play lacks confidence but I don’t think he has instructed Coleman to roll a piss weak pass into lookman as his defender is anticipating said pass and already moving to intercept it.

I more that accept there’s some changes we need to make, I just feel there’s so many players who are soft, don’t give a fuck and plainly just finished.

Says it all when a stray cat covers more ground than half of our team. A truly apawling result meaning that Wolves didn't win by a whisker, furrmidable in front of goal. 

Anyway, cat puns aside that was dreadful. Another bollocks result at home which makes it all the harder going to the game next week. Walking up to the ground in the ice and snow to be served that level of football is infuriating and I said before the game that we would lose 3-1, gutted that I didn't throw £20 on it to at least make some money out of the afternoon. Before anyone jumps on Marco Silva though, our problems run much deeper than him. What we are seeing is the end result of Koeman and Walsh sticking bang average mercenaries on stupid contracts and riddling the club with poison. Most of the lads in our team simply don't care and will never understand what it is to play for Everton. I said it before in another topic but we don't have any Tim Howard's, no Tim Cahill's and no Duncan Ferguson's. Just eleven lads in blue jogging around wondering where the next drubbing is coming from. Our season is over, the two cups have gone so the best we can hope for is another mid-table finish, give Silva and Brands the summer to clear out some more deadwood and actually start putting together a team; Richarlison, Gomes, Bernard, Mina and Zouma have arguably been our better players this season (I actually like Yerry) so for all the results and football is shite it was exactly the same under Ronald, Unsworth and Gravy Tits so sacking Marco will not solve the problem, we will just be another club that gets laughed at for sacking the gaffer every six seconds. 

As for on the field today we were truly appalling, played totally off the park. Had it not been for Pickford it would have been more, made some fantastic saves at 1-0 to keep us in the game but couldn't do anything about the ones that went past him. Did well to even get close to the third considering how close the lad was. Keane and Zouma did OK but neither is a leader and in the summer it's key that we find someone that can organise a defence - having two followers in these two (although Kurt will more than likely be gone in May) isn'tt productive. Kills me to say it but Seamus might be done, just offers nothing down the wing with his pace anymore and gets caught out going backwards, totally lost Jiminez for their second - same with Baines although to his credit he was playing through injury - don't know what he was doing pulling down the lad five minutes into the game though, set us on a downer straight away. 

Absolute stunner from Andre Gomes, came from nowhere and gave us something to shout about. Davies alongside never really got into the game, didn't control the midfield at all and looked like a very much second best Idrissa Gueye. Walcott on the right offered the square root of fuck all with Richarlison on the other side just as bad, whilst he started the season brilliantly with a keen eye for goal he's turned so lightweight that he's quite literally bullied out of most games. He really needs to either bulk up or get his head sorted for next season because at the moment he's not cut out for English football. 

Up top, I felt sorry for Tosun, didn't do much but had absolutely nothing to work with. It probably felt like pulling out teeth for him this afternoon, Gylfi behind him I thought did OK but again, both wings was completely useless so he was having to do it all himself or bounce off Cenk who was in and out of the game. Overall just one big horror show that is turning into the theme for our season, we're a total mess.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

We are so easy to play against, teams just sit back in numbers and know we can't penetrate them, we move forward at a snails pace ... All our opponents are back and marking us,   none of our players are free for a pass, the fullbacks and midfielders have to turn and pass to the central defenders who immediately start playing keep ball with Pickford. 

When are we going to change the zonal marking, I think we are now the team with most concedes from dead ball situations,  we have no leaders / organisers / fighters and nobody who plays with any passion.  Very very poor.

Set-pieces might aswell be penalties against us. Absolutely mind-numbing how many times we concede from them and it's honestly baffling how Silva can't see it and switch to man-to-man marking. What was the definition of insanity again?

19 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Says it all when a stray cat covers more ground than half of our team. A truly apawling result meaning that Wolves didn't win by a whisker, furrmidable in front of goal. 

Anyway, cat puns aside that was dreadful. Another bollocks result at home which makes it all the harder going to the game next week. Walking up to the ground in the ice and snow to be served that level of football is infuriating and I said before the game that we would lose 3-1, gutted that I didn't throw £20 on it to at least make some money out of the afternoon. Before anyone jumps on Marco Silva though, our problems run much deeper than him. What we are seeing is the end result of Koeman and Walsh sticking bang average mercenaries on stupid contracts and riddling the club with poison. Most of the lads in our team simply don't care and will never understand what it is to play for Everton. I said it before in another topic but we don't have any Tim Howard's, no Tim Cahill's and no Duncan Ferguson's. Just eleven lads in blue jogging around wondering where the next drubbing is coming from. Our season is over, the two cups have gone so the best we can hope for is another mid-table finish, give Silva and Brands the summer to clear out some more deadwood and actually start putting together a team; Richarlison, Gomes, Bernard, Mina and Zouma have arguably been our better players this season (I actually like Yerry) so for all the results and football is shite it was exactly the same under Ronald, Unsworth and Gravy Tits so sacking Marco will not solve the problem, we will just be another club that gets laughed at for sacking the gaffer every six seconds. 

As for on the field today we were truly appalling, played totally off the park. Had it not been for Pickford it would have been more, made some fantastic saves at 1-0 to keep us in the game but couldn't do anything about the ones that went past him. Did well to even get close to the third considering how close the lad was. Keane and Zouma did OK but neither is a leader and in the summer it's key that we find someone that can organise a defence - having two followers in these two (although Kurt will more than likely be gone in May) isn'ttt productive. Kills me to say it but Seamus might be done, just offers nothing down the wing with his pace anymore and gets caught out going backwards, totally lost Jiminez for their second - same with Baines although to his credit he was playing through injury - don't know what he was doing pulling down the lad five minutes into the game though, set us on a downer straight away. 

Absolute stunner from Andre Gomes, came from nowhere and gave us something to shout about. Davies alongside never really got into the game, didn't control the midfield at all and looked like a very much second best Idrissa Gueye. Walcott on the right offered the square root of fuck all with Richarlison on the other side just as bad, whilst he started the season brilliantly with a keen eye for goal he's turned so lightweight that he's quite literally bullied out of most games. He really needs to either bulk up or get his head sorted for next season because at the moment he's not cut out for English football. 

Up top, I felt sorry for Tosun, didn't do much but had absolutely nothing to work with. It probably felt like pulling out teeth for him this afternoon, Gylfi behind him I thought did OK but again, both wings was completely useless so he was having to do it all himself or bounce off Cenk who was in and out of the game. Overall just one big horror show that is turning into the theme for our season, we're a total mess.

Set-pieces might aswell be penalties against us. Absolutely mind-numbing how many times we concede from them and it's honestly baffling how Silva can't see it and switch to man-to-man marking. What was the definition of insanity again?

Agree with this expect Coleman is definitely done. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I just don’t see any point in changing manager again right now. 

I think we’ve got a serious mental state where the players think “here we go again”. Almost like they can perform shit knowing the manager will go before them.

Marco Silva didn’t instruct Baines to bring his man down 5 minutes into the game.

He didn’t tell Coleman to drift off Jimenez for the piece & definitely didn’t suggest to Keane it’s a good area to give away a needless foul.

Our style of play lacks confidence but I don’t think he has instructed Coleman to roll a piss weak pass into lookman as his defender is anticipating said pass and already moving to intercept it.

I more that accept there’s some changes we need to make, I just feel there’s so many players who are soft, don’t give a fuck and plainly just finished.

Silva took the risk of playing him when he was clearly not 100%. He could've given Kenny the opportunity but chose an injured player and it bit us on the bum. 

Coleman was dreadful first half and was lucky to play the full 90. Marco tied his hands and limited his options by putting Baines in the squad had Kenny started they'd have been another option in the bench to take Coleman off. 

As for Keane, we've sent a better player in Holgate on loan elsewhere. Silva picks him most weeks and it's baffling that someone so average is at Everton. 

Baines starting like that had the feel of a manager feeling the pinch. If we are on a good run he can play Kenny without too much concern, but he needs a result against a decent side. To be fair I imagine Baines was also desperate to play having been on the bench for so long and being a senior player who would start as captain.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Silva took the risk of playing him when he was clearly not 100%. He could've given Kenny the opportunity but chose an injured player and it bit us on the bum. 

Coleman was dreadful first half and was lucky to play the full 90. Marco tied his hands and limited his options by putting Baines in the squad had Kenny started they'd have been another option in the bench to take Coleman off. 

As for Keane, we've sent a better player in Holgate on loan elsewhere. Silva picks him most weeks and it's baffling that someone so average is at Everton. 

We don’t know if Baines declared himself fit or anything of the matter. Baines didn’t need to do anything once he got rounded as Zouma was on cover,m. Clutching at straws in my opinion there.

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

Appetite??? Desire???

Yep, that’s it.  More frequent shocking lapses in concentration, throughout the squad.  I am uncertain as to whether our players are overmatched physically, but we have too many emotionally lethargic players.  At least that’s they way they look.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/02/everton-wolves-premier-league-match-report

Good heavens what an awful thought: ”the epitome of a nothing team.”

6 hours ago, Btay said:

We don’t know if Baines declared himself fit or anything of the matter. Baines didn’t need to do anything once he got rounded as Zouma was on cover,m. Clutching at straws in my opinion there.

Professional players don't declare themselves fit. There are people for that and/or testing/training before a game. Baines was definitely not ready to play this match. And even though he might have wanted to, which is understandable, someone should have said no.

1 minute ago, Sev said:

Professional players don't declare themselves fit. There are people for that and/or testing/training before a game. Baines was definitely not ready to play this match. And even though he might have wanted to, which is understandable, someone should have said no.

He would have gone through some test and said it felt fine or good enough to play though. If there was an issue he would have said or medical staff would have told Silva. 

18 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Defending from open play is better than Martinez. He just absolutely needs to change our defensive set piece tactics.

I don't think it is what makes it seem better is Pickford saving our arse every week with at least one or two world class saves.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

He would have gone through some test and said it felt fine or good enough to play though. If there was an issue he would have said or medical staff would have told Silva. 

How many times do you see players start after passing a fitness test only to them have to be subbed. Silva should've gone with Kenny, easier said with hindsight but he's paid millions to get it right first time. 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many times do you see players start after passing a fitness test only to them have to be subbed. Silva should've gone with Kenny, easier said with hindsight but he's paid millions to get it right first time. 

And if Kenny got ripped apart at the start then the opposite would be said. Baines fucked up, end of.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Kenny come on and done well showing that the manager made the wrong choice. The manager that is paid millions to make the choices. 

Hindsight is a fantastic thing, I’d be an excellent manager myself if I could use it. Credit to Kenny for his performance however.

So in that situation, if you are Marco Silva and your physio’s come to you and say Leighton has passed his fitness test, you’d still have played Kenny?

29 minutes ago, Btay said:

Hindsight is a fantastic thing, I’d be an excellent manager myself if I could use it. Credit to Kenny for his performance however.

So in that situation, if you are Marco Silva and your physio’s come to you and say Leighton has passed his fitness test, you’d still have played Kenny?

There seemed to be concern in the warm-up. Baines was stood talking to a trainer for ages and Kenny was doing as thorough warm-up as the starting 11. 

If there was that much going on we should’ve just started Kenny. Instead we had to waste a substitution. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There seemed to be concern in the warm-up. Baines was stood talking to a trainer for ages and Kenny was doing as thorough warm-up as the starting 11. 

If there was that much going on we should’ve just started Kenny. Instead we had to waste a substitution. 

I can agree with that if that’s the case. I’ve just got my back up a bit because now things are not going great we start finding anything to hold against the manager.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

On 03/02/2019 at 11:35, pete0 said:

Silva should've gone with Kenny, easier said with hindsight but he's paid millions to get it right first time. 

I'd rather give a kid like Kenny a chance than force a player back early. 

I've no idea how intensive or robust physios tests are but judging at the amount who pass them only to have to be subbed I'd have gone with Kenny. 

On 04/02/2019 at 11:51, Romey 1878 said:

There was concern in the warm up definately, JonJoe was also being drilled using his left foot, clear indication that he was expected to replace Baines at some point. Poor decision making from us, cost us an alternatives sub place, may have been a game changer ?