IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Saturday February 2nd

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly i can see moshiri licking his lips to fire Silva now.  it will be up to Brands Denise Bill and the russian lad to convince him otherwise.

Silva was his choice. If he does get rid of him in such a short time I want him out, regardless of the investment he’s made. 

The third Wolves’ goal exemplifies 2 of our weaknesses: lack of relentlessness and lapses in concentration.

1. Yes, Coleman’s pass was short, but Lookman’s defender simply strode right past him.  Lookman wasn’t the aggressor, even though Everton were down a goal.

2. And then, as Wolves players poured toward our goal on the give-away counter, Dendoncker rushed forward while Davies stopped at the top of the box, to watch.

A poor game by us. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. The amount of money spend on players the last 2 years doesn't really shine through at all. Back to basics and perhaps some old fashioned tactics might be good. Though I don't see it coming soon.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

There is a reason why the riccochets in the Wolves box go to Wolves players and why ours go to the opposition.

Oh yes. Was definitely because of the black cat. But no, you're right and that's why I call for some more old fashioned tactics. I'm not even sure what it is we play... looks like a bunch of players blindfolded trying to play like Barca at times.

1 minute ago, Sev said:

Oh yes. Was definitely because of the black cat. But no, you're right and that's why I call for some more old fashioned tactics. I'm not even sure what it is we play... looks like a bunch of players blindfolded trying to play like Barca at times.

I agree, again like Martinez couldnt achieve, shut up shop and limit the goals we concede. Chances will be harder to come by but its not as if we are creating a lot now.

We look so pedestrian. It's painful.

Just before Wolves 3rd goal I was thinking we own the possession but do little with it. We move the ball so slowly. We could do with moving at speed...ping pong ping...then Wolves go and do exactly what I was thinking. Pick up the ball, a few passes, shoot, score. All at pace and with intent.

At the moment, not many want to take ownership of making something happen.

So poor. We really need to get out if this hole.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree, again like Martinez couldnt achieve, shut up shop and limit the goals we concede. Chances will be harder to come by but its not as if we are creating a lot now.

I don't at all advocate reverting to Allardyce type football but if we were switched on and professional about our defending, we go in one nil up today. Then you have a platform to win games. Yes we're not great up top and yes we need more creativity in midfield, but we could add those things with the current defence and still come unstuck. 

Coleman is finished and I don't care what anyone says, Keane and Zouma just do not cut it. If Mina is another £25m fuck up, then why not give Feeney and / or that lad we signed from Newcastle a chance with Kenny at RB. We probably wouldn't concede any less as the Premier League is a tough, tough place to learn your trade, but they might just rise to the challenge. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

I don't at all advocate reverting to Allardyce type football but if we were switched on and professional about our defending, we go in one nil up today. Then you have a platform to win games. Yes we're not great up top and yes we need more creativity in midfield, but we could add those things with the current defence and still come unstuck. 

Coleman is finished and I don't care what anyone says, Keane and Zouma just do not cut it. If Mina is another £25m fuck up, then why not give Feeney and / or that lad we signed from Newcastle a chance with Kenny at RB. We probably wouldn't concede any less as the Premier League is a tough, tough place to learn your trade, but they might just rise to the challenge. 

There is still a big difference between Allardyce type football and playing effective defensive football in the way Wolves play, or to some extent, how we used to play under Moyes.

Under Allardyce we barely played in the opposition half or had any possession and I would never want to see that rubbish again but it doesn't mean we cant tighten up the ship.

I don't agree with your assessment of how to change things at the back. Zouma is our best defender but he needs a leader alongside, which unfortunately we don't have. It might be worth seeing Jags and Zouma together but clearly neither of those are long term solutions. I do agree that Kenny would be worth starting at RB. He played well when he came in for a couple of games around Christmas and he was very good again today. If Feeney is deemed to be good enough then we should arrest the slide and then bring him into the fold when we arent heaping tonnes of pressure on him. He doesnt deserve to come into the current situation as it would be unfair to him.

18 minutes ago, nogs said:

I don't at all advocate reverting to Allardyce type football but if we were switched on and professional about our defending, we go in one nil up today.

I would rather like reverting to Martinez style. We were piss-poor at defending, but we created something at least. Now we are piss-poor at everything.

41 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I would rather like reverting to Martinez style. We were piss-poor at defending, but we created something at least. Now we are piss-poor at everything.

And we kept conceding 3 or 4 and finished 11th twice. I for one stopped being able to enjoy the attacking decide because we were so awful at the back. 

We are so easy to play against, teams just sit back in numbers and know we can't penetrate them, we move forward at a snails pace ... All our opponents are back and marking us,   none of our players are free for a pass, the fullbacks and midfielders have to turn and pass to the central defenders who immediately start playing keep ball with Pickford. 

When are we going to change the zonal marking, I think we are now the team with most concedes from dead ball situations,  we have no leaders / organisers / fighters and nobody who plays with any passion.  Very very poor.