IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

27 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Most satisfying thing for me was the 2nd clean sheet in a row. Yes it's not exactly a great run, but it's a start. Gifting the opposition goals rather than making them work really hard for them has been the most annoying thing about this season for me. If we stop that, we'll be much higher up the table.  

Yep...those 2 clean sheets mean we haven't conceded from a set piece for 2 games. A record this season.

I am watching EPL since 97 when Turkish televisions started to televize it here in Turkey. I was admiring the Man. United side, you know that famous generation, it was a dream team for me and I was influenced. Then I became neutral, it was joy to watch quality football without becoming a fan but there were some teams I've never liked. Liverpool was always one of them and I enjoy whenever they lose the chance of becoming champions and I still enjoy it. Today they have taken a hit and it was really enjoyable to see that caused by the Everton.

They were terrible upfront and I think the main problem was Origi. Firmino, even though I don't like him, is quite irreplaceable for them. Salah was poor and Mane was only a threat because of his pace and that's all. The other thing is Henderson. Whenever he starts, Liverpool's powerful attacking force is flying away. Their only luck is VVD. He is single handedly organizing their whole defence, directing them. He is a fucking beast and the best complete ball-playing defender in the league.

Everton on the other hand was good enough but it could have been better if we were a bit more lucky alongside of the hard work. DCL worked hard but still not good enough against top 6 teams, Cenk on the other hand is not the answer as well unless his performence gets better but it doesn't look likely. I don't like Richarlison's and Walcott's recent performances. I don't understand why Morgan becoming a part of this team again.

At the end of the day, it was a good day for the blues. Well done.

Only got back a couple of hours ago from the game but it was a great atmosphere today. Goodison was rocking. would have loved a goal at the end when we were piling on the pressure and Liverpool were creaking. Content with a point. Hard to pick a MOTM today as they all put a shift in.