IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I had a power cut on 86 mins (blowing a gale down here), only for about five seconds but took the router a while to restart; real white knuckle time:unsure:. I fear for my heart at times like that.

It’s the same here mate that’s women for ya always blowing hot and cold. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Pickford made a sound stop but FFS he has to command his 6 yard box.  Why is he also trying to kick it as far as he can? Is it like an ego thing? I'm positive and made up but yeah it's a worry!

Keanes best game for a while. 

I didn’t mind the kicking it far thing as we couldn’t win a single header in midfield. I think he was worried they’d win a header and create an instant chance because of how easily our CBs get caught napping. The kicking the ball out of play constantly was worrying though.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Pickford made a sound stop but FFS he has to command his 6 yard box.  Why is he also trying to kick it as far as he can? Is it like an ego thing? I'm positive and made up but yeah it's a worry!

Keanes best game for a while. 

Still learning, and yes he needs I improve on that. But that 1 save forgave the mistake in the first derby for me - eye and eye.

i mentioned the fans previously, but I think that went under the radar. They showed strength when we had to defend set pieces when they had every reason to get nervous. They got in their ear, they intimidated. We need that in every game, but absolutely praise to the fans. They won the point 

44 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

VVD really was immense. He is by far the best defender in the league, and has to be in the conversation for most important player overall. Wish we had gotten him when we were rumored to be in for him.

Remember being in this site when he’s in Holland and it was us, Brighton and Celtic in for him. Then he was at Celtic and we bought funes Mori 

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

I didn’t mind the kicking it far thing as we couldn’t win a single header in midfield. I think he was worried they’d win a header and create an instant chance because of how easily our CBs get caught napping. The kicking the ball out of play constantly was worrying though.

Judging by the comments made it sounds like the wind was a big factor. Doesnt excuse him being as off as he was on the shorter kicks but there was a few times he was less than 5 yards from hitting DCL perfectly but it was the wrong side of the touchline.

I thought Richarlison was really good in the right and linked with Coleman brilliantly.  Definitely want to see him start next game there.

Only thing he'd lose from the right is the chance to cut inside to create chances for himself like he does from the left but if he can make more impact from the right then he's definitely worth playing there.  

16 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

I thought Richarlison was really good in the right and linked with Coleman brilliantly.  Definitely want to see him start next game there.

Only thing he'd lose from the right is the chance to cut inside to create chances for himself like he does from the left but if he can make more impact from the right then he's definitely worth playing there.  

But he looks like he gains the ability to knock it past his man and go. On the left he wasn’t even taking his man on to get thenstage of cutting in for a shot. Bernard worked so hard all game for me.

54 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I don’t remember seeing Richarlison on the right, but he looked solid there.  No more Walcott starting, please.  Lookman as first wing sub, please.  Gomes over Schneiderlin.

Walcotts head is just shot. The chance where he shot when he should have played a ball across and then they picked him out 30 yards from goal and he completely froze.

I celebrated at the end, not because we had drawn against Liverpool but because this is another piece of the puzzle in us getting back on the horse and hitting form again. The win against Cardiff along with the clean sheet was us turning the corner but it would have meant nothing had we lost or been battered here, we've come away with a draw so are ''unbeaten in two'' which is a great platform to build from in what is a very winnable game against Newcastle United away.

I thought it was a very scrappy game which was probably to be expected. Gueye and Schneiderlin were very good in the middle forcing Liverpool to go long and the back four really handled their strikers well. Digne was caught out in the first half but kudos to Pickford for that massive stop from Salah and keeping it at 0-0. Other than that I don't think they had any clear-cut chances, there was the Fabinho slice but I think that was down to luck as opposed to poor marking or individual error - on the subject of Jordan his kicking was awful tonight, he must have put 50% of his balls straight into touch? Not happy with him staying on his line for what turned out to be a scramble in the box towards the end - personally, he has to be either catching it or punching it down the field.

Walcott unfortunately looks lost at the moment, he had a good chance in the first half when played through but froze and then spooned it over the bar. There was a massive shift in tempo and attack on the wing when he was taken off and replaced with Richarlison who didn't get on the score-sheet but caused a lot of problems for Robertson - so much so that he took a yellow card to try and take him out of the game.