IGNORED

Moise Kean

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am still surprised that he has been a player that went straight in to PSG first team - but it's great that he is doing so well, and hopefully he can keep it up - and we get a massive profit on the kid next summer. 

If PSG and other top clubs take a shine to him, I am pretty sure he will be pushing very hard for a move as opposed to wanting to come back to Goodison and staking a claim in our starting line up.  

It does make me wonder how he would have done this season with us in the Prem if he had grown up a bit and just knuckled down with his football. It would have been nice to see a new maturer Kean come of the bench as opposed to Tosun this Saturday.

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am still surprised that he has been a player that went straight in to PSG first team - but it's great that he is doing so well, and hopefully he can keep it up - and we get a massive profit on the kid next summer. 

If PSG and other top clubs take a shine to him, I am pretty sure he will be pushing very hard for a move as opposed to wanting to come back to Goodison and staking a claim in our starting line up.  

It does make me wonder how he would have done this season with us in the Prem if he had grown up a bit and just knuckled down with his football. It would have been nice to see a new maturer Kean come of the bench as opposed to Tosun this Saturday.

his agent is raiola, he will be pushed only to the top clubs, which is also to benefit us

Great to see him doing well over there. He is still very young and has plenty of time to prove himself.

I haven’t rated him to this point as I question his attitude, not from what I read in the media... but from what I see on the pitch from him. 
I could be very wrong, truth is... at this point no one knows.

Bit if he is prepared to knuckle down, then I’m willing to have my mind changed.

Wosh he would have gone somewhere else though as PSG is a hotbed for big attitudes and he will just mingle in, without anyone really noticing.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Great to see him doing well over there. He is still very young and has plenty of time to prove himself.

I haven’t rated him to this point as I question his attitude, not from what I read in the media... but from what I see on the pitch from him. 
I could be very wrong, truth is... at this point no one knows.

Bit if he is prepared to knuckle down, then I’m willing to have my mind changed.

Wosh he would have gone somewhere else though as PSG is a hotbed for big attitudes and he will just mingle in, without anyone really noticing.

He’s excelled in 2 teams that have top class quality and dominate proceedings. I don’t think he’s suited to the nitty gritty stuff - holding it up or running the channels ect. Let’s see how psg against the bigger teams in the champs league.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Think this confirms my initial suspicion that he was bought to sell on. If he gets 20 goals or so, we could double our money 

That article makes out like we'll struggle to make our money back. If he keeps scoring and they keep showing how much they want him permanently we won't have any trouble doing that and then some.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That article makes out like we'll struggle to make our money back. If he keeps scoring and they keep showing how much they want him permanently we won't have any trouble doing that and then some.

No way we will struggle. There’s no option to buy, so we hold all the cards. Slap a big tag on him and tell them “pay it or we’ll consider other offers”

• 1 month later...

just remember, theo walcott was scoring 20 goals a season with arsenal.  turned out it was the teammates around him that were providing the magic and gilt edged chances.  i fear the same with kean at PSG.  the defenders are worried about Icardi and Neymar, not moise kean which only helps him more.  he wont' get that in the prem.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

just remember, theo walcott was scoring 20 goals a season with arsenal.  turned out it was the teammates around him that were providing the magic and gilt edged chances.  i fear the same with kean at PSG.  the defenders are worried about Icardi and Neymar, not moise kean which only helps him more.  he wont' get that in the prem.

No one kicks the ball for you when you score, and no one picks you up and runs you into position to be able to score. 

as for defenders being occupied, we’ve got one of the best forwards at being a pain in the arse in the game currently, with James and Richarlison. So if Kean came back and “only” found the space and the finish to score because of those around him, were golden. 

my only concern is his attitude, and if he continues to be successful at PSG, his ego is going to be even more inflated 

23 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Kean scored again yesterday in a 2-0 PSG win, his 6th Ligue 1 goal in 9 games. 

Against FC Lorient who are two points from bottom and would be annihilated most weeks in England. It's a bit like saying that we should sign someone as they've banged in 50 goals, before finding out it was in the Kazakhstan top flight - every stat needs context.

Edit: Disagree about the Walcott shout too, it wasn't that his team mates were handing him chances but that he had unbelievable pace. Once that dried up he lost his X Factor, becoming just a run of the mill winger.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

That’s just not true. Walcott scored 21 in all comps once, and 19 in all comps once, aside from that 13 in all comps once was his best three scoring seasons in 12 years at Arsenal. Of the other nine years he scored 11 in one season, all other seasons were below ten. 
Can’t come out with bollocks on the internet Mark, only takes a minute or two on Google to pull up some stats. 😂
The only season he broke 20, 2012-13, it was hardly a vintage Arsenal team. They had midfielders like Arteta, Ramsay and Corzola, so not terrible, but not up there with Petit, Overmars and Pires. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

That’s just not true. Walcott scored 21 in all comps once, and 19 in all comps once, aside from that 13 in all comps once was his best three scoring seasons in 12 years at Arsenal. Of the other nine years he scored 11 in one season, all other seasons were below ten. 
Can’t come out with bollocks on the internet Mark, only takes a minute or two on Google to pull up some stats. 😂
The only season he broke 20, 2012-13, it was hardly a vintage Arsenal team. They had midfielders like Arteta, Ramsay and Corzola, so not terrible, but not up there with Petit, Overmars and Pires. 

2 years of 19-21 goals is a lot no matter how much you’d like to minimize it.   No idea on those older players but arteta was great, and so were peak Ramsey and cazorla.  I would take all three of them (peak form) over most midfields in the premier league now.  My point still stands he scored close to 20 goals 2 seasons, he’s been absolute shit since.  Fluke?  Or is he really that good?  Or was it maybe the players around him raising his game and making him look better than he is.

43 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

2 years of 19-21 goals is a lot no matter how much you’d like to minimize it.   No idea on those older players but arteta was great, and so were peak Ramsey and cazorla.  I would take all three of them (peak form) over most midfields in the premier league now.  My point still stands he scored close to 20 goals 2 seasons, he’s been absolute shit since.  Fluke?  Or is he really that good?  Or was it maybe the players around him raising his game and making him look better than he is.

He scored 19 and 21, but it was five years apart with almost completely different teams. No need for me to minimise it, I’ve seen him play throughout his career and he’s been a very good player in that time. 
I know you think Theo is crap, but the season he scored 19 goals was only a year or so before he joined Everton. 
The reality of the matter; when Theo was at Arsenal he scored more goals the more he played up front. Long and short of it. 
When he played out wide he didn’t score as often. 
The comparison to Kean scoring goals in France makes no sense. 

Also, Arteta was good, very good. The players I named that you don’t know, they were great. Really great! He wouldn’t replace any of them, neither would Ramsay or Corzola. They were a different level. Some of the best players Arsenal have ever had, and some real premier league greats. 

Eyes tell more of a story than stats as well. Watch him playing for PSG and you see him fighting for the ball, looking very strong, with decent pace. 

Don’t think you run faster when playing against lower players do you? Or grow bigger muscles when playing against lower players?

Were all of his six goals against the bottom teams?

I've only seen bits and bobs of his time with PSG but he does look a different player. He actually looks like a footballer for a start and he looks bothered and like he gives a shit.

Maybe his experience with us chastened him, maybe he wants to prove a point, maybe he's raising his game because he wants to show he belongs with the likes of Neymar and Mbappe. Whatever the reason, he doesn't look like the Moise Kean who laboured here.

Oh yeah.... I love a player who thinks he's too good to put a shift in for Everton and pulls up trees when he gets a fresh start.

I'd have the lad watched with eagle eyes and when he returns the first thing that indicates a "Billy big bollocks" attitude then fuck him off and cash in. 

The club has been screwed over by mercenaries who show up for the occasional game. Couldn't give a shit what levels he can play to. 

Personally I think he's playing for a move and being in Paris with neymar and co panders his ego, which is why he looks a different player.

I seen one game where he looked like a young Wayne Rooney for us, that's it.... A tease for what he could be and what psg are getting. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Oh yeah.... I love a player who thinks he's too good to put a shift in for Everton and pulls up trees when he gets a fresh start.

I'd have the lad watched with eagle eyes and when he returns the first thing that indicates a "Billy big bollocks" attitude then fuck him off and cash in. 

The club has been screwed over by mercenaries who show up for the occasional game. Couldn't give a shit what levels he can play to. 

Personally I think he's playing for a move and being in Paris with neymar and co panders his ego, which is why he looks a different player.

I seen one game where he looked like a young Wayne Rooney for us, that's it.... A tease for what he could be and what psg are getting. 

Could never figure him out to be honest. Some games he could walk through players like berbatov, like they weren’t there. Next games he looked slow and lethargic. Such a talent though and hopefully he gets it sorted wherever he ends up 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

some further thoughts.  there is no way he beats out DCL as the lone striker, so is he content to sit on the bench and rotate and play cup matches?  or are we using him out wide?  i just don't see a place for him here.  i think some sort of ol vet who ala Giroud w/ Chelsea would be the better option off the bench.

He could be a good option if we go 424 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

He could be a good option if we go 424 

possibly, but with a super agent like he has, if he wants out he will be out.  Also if PSG or Juve or Napoli or something offer what we paid or more, and he's disgruntled, i just can't see us putting our foot down to keep him.  i believe he will be sold.  i'm happy for the loan because it increases our chances or breaking even or making money on him.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

possibly, but with a super agent like he has, if he wants out he will be out.  Also if PSG or Juve or Napoli or something offer what we paid or more, and he's disgruntled, i just can't see us putting our foot down to keep him.  i believe he will be sold.  i'm happy for the loan because it increases our chances or breaking even or making money on him.

Probably will be but as I’ve said before, it’s win win for us 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Eyes tell more of a story than stats as well. Watch him playing for PSG and you see him fighting for the ball, looking very strong, with decent pace. 

Don’t think you run faster when playing against lower players do you? Or grow bigger muscles when playing against lower players?

Were all of his six goals against the bottom teams?

I find it strange he can run faster in Paris than Liverpool the air must be cleaner and thinner😉

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

👍