IGNORED

Moise Kean

12 minutes ago, Btay said:

Thought there was apparently an agreement of 18 million.

Yeah I thought it was 20ish but I did think there was a set amount in place. 

It is what it is with Moise. Could be a million reasons it didn’t work out here (including that he just wasn’t good enough). My best guess is he saw a pre-breakout DCL and a mid table club and thought he’d walk into the starting job and springboard himself to a huge club. Didn’t work out like that and he quickly lost his motivation and didn’t have it mentally to deal with being a bench guy in an unfamiliar country. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he had a better mentality and committed  himself to developing as an Everton player. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

It is what it is with Moise. Could be a million reasons it didn’t work out here (including that he just wasn’t good enough). My best guess is he saw a pre-breakout DCL and a mid table club and thought he’d walk into the starting job and springboard himself to a huge club. Didn’t work out like that and he quickly lost his motivation and didn’t have it mentally to deal with being a bench guy in an unfamiliar country. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he had a better mentality and committed  himself to developing as an Everton player. 

Just strange that he has walked into PSG as a starter. 

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Yeah I think this is pretty accurate, though I bet it came with some assurances about playing time that Everton didn’t make good on. The kid is clearly a phenomenal talent so this really is a shame. Imagine playing he and DCL with Richarlison and James playing behind. Think that attack really could have been impressive.

Not to put the blame all on the club. Very cognizant of Kean having a seemingly shit attitude.

from what I have read - he has gone on a season long loan, with PSG having the option (rather than an obligation) to buy him for around £18M. but who knows. 

If this is the case, then if Kean does well at PSG, they will take him permanent at £18M (and I guess there is nothing we could do about it) and if he turns out a flop over the whole season then they won't buy him and he is back with us.

It's obvious that he has not settled at Everton or in English football, and does not want to be here. He made that very clear both before and since his loan move. What do you do with a player that obviously doesn't want to be here?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

when you have teams trying to manage neymar and mbappe you will have time on the ball and get your chances.  when you're the 9 at everton and everyone is expecting you to convert (like we do DCL) and play goes TO you, it's a lot different.  

His finishing has been very good. Look at the goals.... He is gonna get chances in that team but still got to put them away. 

Like I've said, he has talent but I think the attitude doesn't look right. 

Loan may do him good. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

His finishing has been very good. Look at the goals.... He is gonna get chances in that team but still got to put them away. 

Like I've said, he has talent but I think the attitude doesn't look right. 

Loan may do him good. 

2 of his 4 were ones you’d expect any professional footballer to finish. An unmarked header from close range and an empty net basically. 

Might be easier for him to motivate himself at a club like PSG or Juventus than it was at Everton. He’s a young man so I don’t wanna write him off but from his time in England he didn’t seem to be very strong mentally. 

Listening to what Ancelloti has been saying, there is no buy option in his PSG loan deal.

So the better he does the more suitors and bigger the transfer fee. Looks like he will get loads of opertinittes to put the ball in the back of the next in a team who dominate french football. Might be a stroke of geniouse loaning him to PSG rather than him moping around around Finich Farm for 12months. 

Well he was subbed at half-time in their last game when it was 0-0.

If I'm honest, for the majority of his time here he looked worse than Arouna Kone and barely resembled a professional footballer. So I wasn't bothered about letting him go, only that we didn't bring an attacker in to fill his spot, and I won't be bothered if we sell him in the summer either.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I'm honest, for the majority of his time here he looked worse than Arouna Kone and barely resembled a professional footballer. So I wasn't bothered about letting him go, only that we didn't bring an attacker in to fill his spot, and I won't be bothered if we sell him in the summer either.

He will score goals in that league. If it makes him look better than he actually is and boosts the value of him then happy days. If someone offered what we paid for him today, I'd take it.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Same here, never saw anything in him. Still haven’t. 

I have some sympathy for him as he did barely get a chance. Whether he deserved that or not is a different argument but he played very few games with the first team and most of his time on the pitch was a sub which is never easy.

I just think to how long it took DCL to be even remotely considered a premier league striker and yet we are writing this guy off on barely one season.

There is a clear difference in attitude between the two and that is probably where it starts and ends but I suspect if this lad had come here for a couple of million and into the academy and then worked his way to the fringes of the first team we would have had a different perception of him. He might have approached the task a little differently too!

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I have some sympathy for him as he did barely get a chance. Whether he deserved that or not is a different argument but he played very few games with the first team and most of his time on the pitch was a sub which is never easy.

I just think to how long it took DCL to be even remotely considered a premier league striker and yet we are writing this guy off on barely one season.

There is a clear difference in attitude between the two and that is probably where it starts and ends but I suspect if this lad had come here for a couple of million and into the academy and then worked his way to the fringes of the first team we would have had a different perception of him. He might have approached the task a little differently too!

I'm all for giving youth a chance.  I seen a fire in Dom's belly that told me he would get there. ... I still don't think he's a natural finisher but he will score because of determination and programming himself to do things a certain way.

Moise Kean looks s natural player, a strong lad but he has got an air of insubordination about him... It stinks of a bendtner, balotelli, eto and he's a kid.....  It will be the thing that stops him getting where hd could get to.

He has a lot of sulk in him, at this moment we are still carrying a team where we have questionable attitudes in a more subtle fashion......  Delph, Gomes, Gylfi and previously Pickford. 

There's a shit load of work to be done in ridding our squad of questionable mindsets.  For me is he worth the burden?  And the negativity he can bring.  Nope. 

19 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm all for giving youth a chance.  I seen a fire in Dom's belly that told me he would get there. ... I still don't think he's a natural finisher but he will score because of determination and programming himself to do things a certain way.

Moise Kean looks s natural player, a strong lad but he has got an air of insubordination about him... It stinks of a bendtner, balotelli, eto and he's a kid.....  It will be the thing that stops him getting where hd could get to.

He has a lot of sulk in him, at this moment we are still carrying a team where we have questionable attitudes in a more subtle fashion......  Delph, Gomes, Gylfi and previously Pickford. 

There's a shit load of work to be done in ridding our squad of questionable mindsets.  For me is he worth the burden?  And the negativity he can bring.  Nope. 

Theoretically I agree with you. If he is a bad egg then that is not something any football club needs BUT you don't know that he is. He may be, he may not be. He seemed to fit in well at Juve and is doing a similar thing at PSG so whatever has happened, I wouldn't just be pointing the figure at the young lad.

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Theoretically I agree with you. If he is a bad egg then that is not something any football club needs BUT you don't know that he is. He may be, he may not be. He seemed to fit in well at Juve and is doing a similar thing at PSG so whatever has happened, I wouldn't just be pointing the figure at the young lad.

I expect a 19 year old who is getting first team football to be breaking down fookin walls.

I don't recall 19 year olds getting first team football and deciding when they will run, press or do whatever the manager asks.  That certainly seems to be the case with this lad.

he has an entitled attitude whichever way you look at it.  When Gordon plays he at least makes it look like it's his job interview.  ..... He's hungry, he wants it.

There's a reason he's been loaned out. It's not ability. 

On 05/11/2020 at 15:04, Hafnia said:

I expect a 19 year old who is getting first team football to be breaking down fookin walls.

I don't recall 19 year olds getting first team football and deciding when they will run, press or do whatever the manager asks.  That certainly seems to be the case with this lad.

he has an entitled attitude whichever way you look at it.  When Gordon plays he at least makes it look like it's his job interview.  ..... He's hungry, he wants it.

There's a reason he's been loaned out. It's not ability. 

Again that's not all true. 

They showed a clip in the Utd game where Ferguson subbed him on and off and it showed him sprinting at all the wrong times. I certainly couldn't he didn't try he just wasn't always trying when it mattered. 

With Gordon, against Southampton I saw him strolling around. I was surprised by that but we were down to 10 and I think he was probably a bit pissed that he finally gets a chance then it is taken away from him by Digne getting sent off.