IGNORED

Moise Kean

I understand his unhappiness I suppose. Coming off some good appearances with Juventus and only pre-breakout DCL in front of him he probably thought he’d come here, quickly become the guy and go on to be a global superstar. You’d like to see a player of his age have the mentality to fight for his place but if he’s not happy and doesn’t think this is the best situation for his career advancement it is what it is. I’m in the camp that thinks he has a ton of potential, up to him to put in the work. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well I didn't put obligation by accident :lol: 

That's what I read anyway. Hopefully that's right, it's good all round.

It was a serious question. If they are obligated to buy him how does it differ from a normal transfer? Are they just deferring payment for a year?

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

It was a serious question. If they are obligated to buy him how does it differ from a normal transfer? Are they just deferring payment for a year?

It just means they have to buy him at the end of the loan. I imagine it's because of finances suffering during the pandemic and they want the time to be able to pay for him.

15 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Right, so if he were to get some serious injury it wouldn’t matter then?

With Financial Fair Play (FFP) it's just a way to fiddle the figures. Basically they have spent what they want to in this financial year, so will want to put the Kean money onto next year's books. The two clubs still get what they want; Juventus getting their man and Everton getting their money but it doesn't appear on this year's books so won't affect FFP - plus it'll give them time to generate this cash if needed once the pandemic is (hopefully) over. 

The most notable case is when PSG bought Neymar and wanted to add Mbappe, they "loaned" Mbappe from AS Monaco with a mandatory purchase at the end to meet rule requirements, yet still sign two players for astronomical fees. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

With Financial Fair Play (FFP) it's just a way to fiddle the figures. Basically they have spent what they want to in this financial year, so will want to put the Kean money onto next year's books. The two clubs still get what they want; Juventus getting their man and Everton getting their money but it doesn't appear on this year's books so won't affect FFP - plus it'll give them time to generate this cash if needed once the pandemic is (hopefully) over. 

The most notable case is when PSG bought Neymar and wanted to add Mbappe, they "loaned" Mbappe from AS Monaco with a mandatory purchase at the end to meet rule requirements, yet still sign two players for astronomical fees. 

Yep, I understand the financial workaround. I was just wondering if there are any clauses typically inserted as it would be a risk for us if there are. If he gets hurt and they can back out then it’s not truly mandatory. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

Yep, I understand the financial workaround. I was just wondering if there are any clauses typically inserted as it would be a risk for us if there are. If he gets hurt and they can back out then it’s not truly mandatory. 

As far as I am aware, once the loan is agreed and contracts are signed then it's a legal requirement, so if he broke his leg and couldn't play for a year they'd still need to take him. 

I will be quite glad to see the back of him really, pretty much all the headlines he created in the club where all negative ones. I said last week seems after him long face after scoring a goal he's a bit of an arsehole all in all.

Use the money to get somebody who wants to be here. 

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I will be quite glad to see the back of him really, pretty much all the headlines he created in the club where all negative ones. I said last week seems after him long face after scoring a goal he's a bit of an arsehole all in all.

Use the money to get somebody who wants to be here. 

He’s a kid, not an arsehole. Just arrogant and ambitious. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s a kid, not an arsehole. Just arrogant and ambitious. 

being young isn't an sort of excuse. 95% of young professional footballer's don't behave in the same way he has, what's special about Kean to allow him to be so arrogant? The lad is in a privileged position but lacks any sort of respect - pretty much defines somebody being a bit of 'dick' or arsehole in my opinion. 

If he was my son, I'd have be embarrassed by the way he has generally conducts himself since moving to a new club.

Big Dunc had his number when he subbed him after he came on as a sub. Ferguson wouldn't have done that to a young player if he had build up any sort of respect for him. As a fan, he's done fuck all to get any respect from me either or have I missed something this past 12months?

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

being young isn't an sort of excuse. 95% of young professional footballer's don't behave in the same way he has, what's special about Kean to allow him to be so arrogant? The lad is in a privileged position but lacks any sort of respect - pretty much defines somebody being a bit of 'dick' or arsehole in my opinion. 

If he was my son, I'd have be embarrassed by the way he has generally conducts himself since moving to a new club.

Big Dunc had his number when he subbed him after he came on as a sub. Ferguson wouldn't have done that to a young player if he had build up any sort of respect for him. As a fan, he's done fuck all to get any respect from me either or have I missed something this past 12months?

What exactly has he done wrong?

Honestly I'd rather have Deeney backing up DCL than Kean at this moment in time. I feel a lot of signings has potential to disrupt things slightly, but if Dom gets injured and we have to play richy up front we no longer have that threat down the left which i believe will be key for us this season.  Cavani could be an option for a year if he would want to come. 

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Deeney would not score the goals needed.

Neither would Kean. The difference is Deeney might actually create something, bring others into play, manage a game better and play for the team. Kean brings nothing to the team apart from pace and a few  dribbles every now and then which lack anything on the end of them. 

I'm not saying he's perfect back up or that I'd particularly want him here, I'm just saying he'd be a better option at back up than we currently have.