IGNORED

Moise Kean

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't believe any of this - at 19 years old, Kean wasn't purchased last season to make any sort of immediate impact at the club.  He is in a new league (probably the toughest there is) and new country. Do you give up on a signing like this after 12 months? - no chance. 

Anybody talking of him as 'flop' or 'not the player we hoped' doesn't have a clue - some fooking lazy (and useless) journalism if you ask me. 

Plus from our point of view we would then need to buy another striker, just after we have done everything that we have to try and bed this guy in. 

If it does happen, I can only think there has been more going on behind the scenes.

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I don't believe any of this - at 19 years old, Kean wasn't purchased last season to make any sort of immediate impact at the club.  He is in a new league (probably the toughest there is) and new country. Do you give up on a signing like this after 12 months? - no chance. 

Anybody talking of him as 'flop' or 'not the player we hoped' doesn't have a clue - some fooking lazy (and useless) journalism if you ask me. 

Seems your right mate the club have dismissed reports he’s going anywhere, and that he is fully in Ancelotti’s plans for next season. 

On 29/08/2020 at 23:28, RuffRob said:

Agreed, makes no sense loaning him back to be sat on their bench or allow him to be on loan for a couple of seasons with a fixed price selling price based in today's market. We aren't going to sell him now for a loss either.

Hopefully see him get more starts this season

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on why this guy is such a misery guts when he scores? I see 3 main possibilities. 1) He's going for the misplaced "this shit is too easy for me" Balotelli shtick. 2) He thinks scoring against Salford and Fleetwood in the early rounds of the EFL is nothing major to celebrate. 3) he doesn't want to be here. 

His sullen demeanour really stands out on the pitch because, Salford and Fleetwood or not, a win is a win and the rest of the team look delighted to be rolling on. He should too. 

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Any thoughts on why this guy is such a misery guts when he scores? I see 3 main possibilities. 1) He's going for the misplaced "this shit is too easy for me" Balotelli shtick. 2) He thinks scoring against Salford and Fleetwood in the early rounds of the EFL is nothing major to celebrate. 3) he doesn't want to be here. 

His sullen demeanour really stands out on the pitch because, Salford and Fleetwood or not, a win is a win and the rest of the team look delighted to be rolling on. He should too. 

Not a fan. Piss poor attitude. I'd cash in if juve want him back. 

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

maybe he just sees scoring goals as what he should do against these teams so doesn’t make a lot of it. 
Do we really need him going crazy for scoring the fifth in injury time when the match is over?

I think you’re looking for an issue that isn’t there. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

maybe he just sees scoring goals as what he should do against these teams so doesn’t make a lot of it. 
Do we really need him going crazy for scoring the fifth in injury time when the match is over?

I'm not looking for any "issue" (my option 2 is pretty much what you just wrote), I'm just interested in thoughts on the subject. 

Just now, Isaiah said:

I'm not looking for any issue, I'm just interested in thoughts on the subject. 

Ok, I just don’t think it’s even a subject. Just a player not making a reaction when he scored a goal. Many many players have done it. None of your three options have anything really positive in them so it reads like three reasons to give him a bit of stick.

Weve seen similar from Lukaku and Henry in the past.  

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Said this before and no doubt will again in the future. Piss poor behaviour if you like, but you know nothing of a players attitude. 
How could you? You’ve only seen actions. 

You’ve just suggested there was no issue with Kean. How could you know? You’ve only seen actions. 

You’re right that we can’t really know at this point but he does give off the impression of someone who is a Balotelli type (his favorite player). Not celebrating a goal, being a bit petulant at times, unnecessarily fancy on a pk. Not writing him off or anything at this point but he smacks of immaturity. 

13 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I think its more to do with being the 5th goal in a game thats gone. I would find it a bit weird if he gave it the big un in that situation. 

As for his performance, I was disappointed but at least he found the net again.

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

None of your three options have anything really positive in them so it reads like three reasons to give him a bit of stick.

This was my option 2:

"He thinks scoring against Salford and Fleetwood in the early rounds of the EFL is nothing major to celebrate"

And this was your theory on why he doesn't celebrate:

"Maybe he just sees scoring goals as what he should do against these teams so doesn’t make a lot of it"

Pretty much the exact same thing I wrote. 

Relax mate, it was just an attempt to begin a discussion, take this weird chip off your shoulder.   

6 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

This was my option 2:

"He thinks scoring against Salford and Fleetwood in the early rounds of the EFL is nothing major to celebrate"

And this was your theory on why he doesn't celebrate:

"Maybe he just sees scoring goals as what he should do against these teams so doesn’t make a lot of it"

Pretty much the exact same thing I wrote. 

Relax mate, it was just an attempt to begin a discussion, take this weird chip off your shoulder.   

Not a chip on my shoulder at all. Yeah I agree with option two, but why is it a discussion? 
The lad comes off the bench and scores. Why is the discussion not well done to Kean for coming off the bench and scoring a goal? Why don’t we discuss how he actually played when he came on? Like the actual football?  
I don’t see the need to look into how he celebrates. 

12 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

You’ve just suggested there was no issue with Kean. How could you know? You’ve only seen actions. 

You’re right that we can’t really know at this point but he does give off the impression of someone who is a Balotelli type (his favorite player). Not celebrating a goal, being a bit petulant at times, unnecessarily fancy on a pk. Not writing him off or anything at this point but he smacks of immaturity. 

Of course I don’t know. But why would the assumption be a negative? I’ve only seen his actions. The action I saw was a striker come off the bench and score a goal a few minutes later. That’s nothing but positive news. 

We’ve seen plenty of petulance from Richarlison since he signed, seems to have calmed down with it as he’s grown up a bit more  hopefully Kean will too.

Is it unnecessarily fancy when Jorginho does that on a penalty? 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Of course I don’t know. But why would the assumption be a negative? I’ve only seen his actions. The action I saw was a striker come off the bench and score a goal a few minutes later. That’s nothing but positive news. 

We’ve seen plenty of petulance from Richarlison since he signed, seems to have calmed down with it as he’s grown up a bit more  hopefully Kean will too.

Is it unnecessarily fancy when Jorginho does that on a penalty? 

The players you mentioned were and are far more successful than Moise Kean is at this point. A bad attitude is always a negative even if it comes from a great player. You’re right that he could get over it the way Richie seems to have done but you seem to be agreeing with me and others that he does appear to have a bit of an immaturity issue. 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Sorry StevO, he definitely has the look of a player who wants to move.  I am not after him doing a stupid dancing celebration or back flips, but I have no doubt he's making a point by looking so surly after scoring a goal. We have heard all the stories about him wanting to go, we have a idea what his 'character' is like, so not too hard to put two and two together. Club are not going to let him go for what Juve want to pay an he's not overly happy about it. 

if we can get most of our coin back for him, i will not lose any sleep in him leaving, not because I don't think he could turn out to be a cracking player, it's more because he just seem a bit on an arsehole.  i would rather the money available to spend on somebody who wants to be here.

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

The players you mentioned were and are far more successful than Moise Kean is at this point. A bad attitude is always a negative even if it comes from a great player. You’re right that he could get over it the way Richie seems to have done but you seem to be agreeing with me and others that he does appear to have a bit of an immaturity issue. 

I don’t see a bad attitude from him, because I don’t know him to know his attitude. I don’t see an issue with his behaviour, in the same way I don’t with Henry or Lukaku. The only people who can judge his attitude are Carlo and the club staff, and I trust that if they see an issue with his attitude they will handle it as they see fit.

Yeah, I think a lad of 20 is immature, I don’t think it’s an issue, I think it’s normal. 
Two lads work for me who are 22 and 21, I heard them talking about asking their girlfriends to lick their arses the other day. Pretty immature conversation to be having in work, but that’s the immaturity level I would expect from lads that age. If anyone wants to know they both managed to make it happen, pair of top players these kids. 😂

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

Sorry StevO, he definitely has the look of a player who wants to move.  I am not after him doing a stupid dancing celebration or back flips, but I have no doubt he's making a point by looking so surly after scoring a goal. We have heard all the stories about him wanting to go, we have a idea what his 'character' is like, so not too hard to put two and two together. Club are not going to let him go for what Juve want to pay an he's not overly happy about it. 

if we can get most of our coin back for him, i will not lose any sleep in him leaving, not because I don't think he could turn out to be a cracking player, it's more because he just seem a bit on an arsehole.  i would rather the money available to spend on somebody who wants to be here.

How do you feel about his actual performance though Rob?

I disagree with the rest of your thought obviously. 
I’ll ask, why would Juve want him back if that’s what he’s really like?