IGNORED

Moise Kean

I really can't understand loan move to PSG - Kean has not been getting game time at Everton, because in the first instance he's just not been good enough yet. Not quite seeing the point of him going to a club where his likely to get let first team game time. I know the French league is a lot easier, but PSG have a few players who would be ahead of him. 

We are short of cover upfront, so I am guessing him going is subject to us bringing somebody in - even just to keep us going for this season.

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I really can't understand loan move to PSG - Kean has not been getting game time at Everton, because in the first instance he's just not been good enough yet. Not quite seeing the point of him going to a club where his likely to get let first team game time. I know the French league is a lot easier, but PSG have a few players who would be ahead of him. 

We are short of cover upfront, so I am guessing him going is subject to us bringing somebody in - even just to keep us going for this season.

Simple explanation; agents and money. Brands is playing the game behind the scenes, effectively buying favours in this case. 

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

With lots of European games there might be more opportunity for him to get games I guess. Brands and co are too savvy not to have replacements lined up. I think they must have known for a while that he wanted to leave to get first team football.

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Wonder if there is a requirement for PSG to buy him?

As others have said whoever we get in has to be good enough to challenge DCL and Richarlison for a place, which rules out quite a few players like Deeney etc.

I honestly don’t think that’s required. In an ideal world, sure, but DCL and Richie are in excellent form. I’d want someone who is versatile across the front positions and has good experience. A solid veteran type who can do a job. When we have more time we can address the position in a more comprehensive way.

6 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I honestly don’t think that’s required. In an ideal world, sure, but DCL and Richie are in excellent form. I’d want someone who is versatile across the front positions and has good experience. A solid veteran type who can do a job. When we have more time we can address the position in a more comprehensive way.

What happens if DCL and Richarlison get injured though? 
Can you think of any veterans who are doing a good enough job in the league? Not trying to be negative, I just can’t think of any in the premier league that do a good enough job up front for anyone else that makes me think it works. 
Aguero and Aubameyang are the only two I can think of and they are still at the top level. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can you think of any veterans who are doing a good enough job in the league? Not trying to be negative, I just can’t think of any in the premier league that do a good enough job up front for anyone else that makes me think it works. 
Aguero and Aubameyang are the only two I can think of and they are still at the top level. 

Cavani hasn’t signed for anyone yet, we could conquer South America!

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

Now that I would take seriously! Would love him, but think he would want to play. Make it fit?

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Agent fees of £10 million apparently, that's before you get to signing on fee and wages, for a 33 year old. Utd fans are pissed off about him joining them.

Its a "Hell No" from me.

If that’s the money then hell no too. We’d make it back in marketing probably but then there’s the “where do you put him”. 

Maybe a player like King would be a better option 

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

In that event I’d rather have a veteran player that can do a decent job  then some younger guy with talent but little experience. In etither case I don’t imagine there are a ton of options on such limited time. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Fully agree

Got his agent all over this one. I honestly dont think he will be a miss for us though - never have I though 'bring Moise on, he'll win us the game'

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Simple explanation; agents and money. Brands is playing the game behind the scenes, effectively buying favours in this case. 

Spot on.  Probably a favor so they can get a keeper next summer.

ive always liked josh king, I would be all for that.  Too bad we missed on Callum Wilson he is banging em in

9 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Fully agree

Got his agent all over this one. I honestly dont think he will be a miss for us though - never have I though 'bring Moise on, he'll win us the game'

Not now but in a couple years? Who knows. 

A similar case is Ademola Lookman who didn’t make it here or get game time in Germany but just came on for Fulham the last 30 min and looked like the most dangerous player on the pitch. Not saying he’s gonna go on to stardom but we will occasionally have players now who don’t make it at Everton for whatever reason who turn into excellent players elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

I'd like to have seen Lookma  get more game time, always felt he could make it for us.  Think he'll do well at Fulham

Looked great in his 30 min. Also kicked out at a Wolves player and coulda been sent off. Seemingly still lacks maturity but on the ball he’s certainly got something.

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

Wonder if there is a requirement for PSG to buy him?

As others have said whoever we get in has to be good enough to challenge DCL and Richarlison for a place, which rules out quite a few players like Deeney etc.

Apparently not

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/moise-kean-everton-transfer-psg-19048221

33 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fair play, obviously we see him having a long term future here and are prepared to let him go out to get game time. As long as he actually plays games there, and we get a replacement in I am happy with that.

In Carlo and Brands we trust!!