IGNORED

Moise Kean

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Neither would Kean. The difference is Deeney might actually create something, bring others into play, manage a game better and play for the team. Kean brings nothing to the team apart from pace and a few  dribbles every now and then which lack anything on the end of them. 

I'm not saying he's perfect back up or that I'd particularly want him here, I'm just saying he'd be a better option at back up than we currently have. 

Deeney was a great option a couple of years back.  He was doing the job of 2 players, Incredible fitness levels, strong, and quick.  We needed that which is why DCL has had such a good apprenticeship

Deeneys lost a yard of pace and looks a bit laboured now. Scored a few goals to be fair cos he got on the end of things, not the most talented but got the most out of his talent

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Deeney shouldn’t even be being discussed as someone who has ever been good enough to play for us. 
For me he’s always been someone who worked hard but was very lacking  in natural ability a talent, a bit like a Shire horse entering the national. 

That maybe true but unfortunately as a club we have been one that had one of the most immobile and weak sides I have seen.  That isn't something that was 3 or 4 years ago... 

Sadly players like a Deeney would have been a viable and effective option when we were losing balls up front and allowing defenders to walk the ball out ... Just like Tom Davies was a viable option in plugging the gaping holes left by pedestrian half arsed midfielders like Morgan, Gylfi.

That's something our fans need to remember, all very well being snobbish about agricultural footballers, but when you have £30m footballers doing nothing and not caring - they are the players who can get the lazy arses moving. 

Our club had to sign Sam Allardyce for similar reasons... Consolidation.  Never has there been a bigger indication of failure when a club has to bring in Sam, Deeney is not the indication of a fall compared to us getting him in to manage us. 

13 hours ago, Matt said:

What exactly has he done wrong?

fell out with Silva very early doors as wasn't getting game time, (I really think he expected to come here and pretty much be in the starting 11!!)

late for team meeting,

late for training (had to be disciplined by the club), did something similar with Italy,

Ferguson had to sub him after bringing him on because he wouldn't do in a game what his manager asked of him, (for fucks sake!!)

Lockdown party and putting on social media,

purposely putting a 'face on' when scoring a goal (in two league cup game) to make the point of him not wanting to be here, we all saw it (given all the stories leading up to the game, and the fact he is now off - there is little argument on this really). he does not want to be at the club and wants us all know it.

Moments of football brilliance? - nothing that sticks in my mind. 

That's pretty much Moise Kean Everton highlights real for his first 12 months!!

One or two behaviour issues, then fair enough the exuberance of youth - but it's a steady conveyor belt with the lad. 

Not seen anything that has given me any pride in him being an Everton player, its been an the opposite. 

Question to you:

What exactly has he done right? Do you think he cares about the club at all?

Probably the player in the squad we will miss the least. Sad but true.

Never lives up to his potential. Showed moments of a good young player, but nothing above average.

Honestly think Niasse shown much more promise. 

Looked forward to seeing so much after all of the hype, and I even smoothed over most of his play as I was still blinded by the hope. But eventually had to just sit and watch him closely to see what he had..... and he simply wasn’t as good as Niasse.

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Probably the player in the squad we will miss the least. Sad but true.

Never lives up to his potential. Showed moments of a good young player, but nothing above average.

Honestly think Niasse shown much more promise. 

Looked forward to seeing so much after all of the hype, and I even smoothed over most of his play as I was still blinded by the hope. But eventually had to just sit and watch him closely to see what he had..... and he simply wasn’t as good as Niasse.

I will be pleased if we get most of our money on him, which sound like we will. So nothing lost really, so he was worth a punt.

I think his biggest problem might have been that he beleived in his own hype and didn't think coming to a club like Everton he would need to improve and actually work hard to just earn any sort of starting birth. I really think he expected to walk in to the team. 

He might go on to be the next big think back a juve, but seen nothing to think its going to happen in a blue shit. So best for all parties if he leaves the club. 

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I will be pleased if we get most of our money on him, which sound like we will. So nothing lost really, so he was worth a punt.

I think his biggest problem might have been that he beleived in his own hype and didn't think coming to a club like Everton he would need to improve and actually work hard to just earn any sort of starting birth. I really think he expected to walk in to the team. 

He might go on to be the next big think back a juve, but seen nothing to think its going to happen in a blue shit. So best for all parties if he leaves the club. 

I think that middle paragraph hits the nail on the head with him. 

I also think it has been hard for him coming off the bench. He has looked a better player when he starts and he has scored goals when he does. He showed a lot of quality and promise in the Bournemouth game which shouldn't be forgotten. 

The issue with him is that he is probably a player for 3 or 4 years down the line once he has matured and learned the ropes of what it is like to be a professional footballer. I am not sure we really need him and his immaturity around the club at the moment and to wait for that light bulb to go off. Sometimes players just aren't the right fit for the club and that is what he looks like to me.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Supposedly tested positive for COVID-19. Obviously hope him and anyone around is alright but in footballing terms it could change some of our transfer plans over the next 2 days. It seemed his return to Juve was likely.

Don’t think the virus would affect a loan move. 

I’ll be a bit gutted if he goes to be honest. One, I was really excited about him coming here and it just hasn’t worked out. Two, I don’t see he’ll get much time on the pitch at PSG.

If it goes ahead, the best we can hope for is that he bangs in a few in a weaker league and comes back here a more confident, better player. Mind you he might then head off back to Juve.

Hope we’ll see him back here. I’m sure there’s a top player in there somewhere.

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

He may not have been prolific, but if he goes we are really short up front. We have to bring someone in. 
While Dom is clearly the main man, it’s tough to buy a good striker to sit on the bench. 

48 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I expect he’ll be replaced... King? Milik? Maybe even Zaha at the right price/deal structure?

I'd be more than happy with Josh King. I dont feel like he would be a 'bench warmer', due to his versatility. Hes comfortable anywhere across the front 3 and even behind the striker. Would be ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi in the wide positions IMO.

Not sure how much he'd cost though.

23 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'd be more than happy with Josh King. I dont feel like he would be a 'bench warmer', due to his versatility. Hes comfortable anywhere across the front 3 and even behind the striker. Would be ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi in the wide positions IMO.

With Richarlison, DCL and James he would have to be a bench warmer. We aren’t buying anyone better than those three surely?!

Even being ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi only gets you on the bench for us now. 

24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

£10m... can he play defensive mid though 🤔

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

With Richarlison, DCL and James he would have to be a bench warmer. We aren’t buying anyone better than those three surely?!

Even being ahead of Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi only gets you on the bench for us now. 

Look at the fixture list he wont be warming that bench in December! Plus cup games depending on how far we get in both of them. He'd certainly be better than we have, he'd be the strongest player to come in and cover any 3 of the front 3 positons.

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

£10m... can he play defensive mid though

No, CENTRE BACK!!!