IGNORED

Moise Kean

40 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

It starts on the training ground, do we know if Simm's has been invited to train with the first team at all.

That’s a good point. I know he was around the first team from pre season but that doesn’t say a lot. 

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Hearing a big thanks to everybody, even God, for getting him out of Goodison. But not one positive comment coming from his camp about Everton or the people at Everton. 

He has no relationship with his father, therefore he can only be making speculative comments. I get the feeling he finds the media, they don't find him.

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It starts on the training ground, do we know if Simm's has been invited to train with the first team at all.

He won’t make it here I doubt. All I hear is coaches saying how he has to learn more than just finishing.

Reminds me of Hallam Hope. Banging goals in for fun at younger levels, was the reason Harry Kane was mostly a sub for England, then never made it for us because he was just simply a finisher... nothing else.

Hope I’m wrong because we could do with a young striker coming through, I just don’t think he is the one. Though it could just be they are being careful with him.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He won’t make it here I doubt. All I hear is coaches saying how he has to learn more than just finishing.

Reminds me of Hallam Hope. Banging goals in for fun at younger levels, was the reason Harry Kane was mostly a sub for England, then never made it for us because he was just simply a finisher... nothing else.

Hope I’m wrong because we could do with a young striker coming through, I just don’t think he is the one. Though it could just be they are being careful with him.

Dobbin sounds like the one they have higher hopes for.

20 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Pretty sure he was involved in the pre-season camp and I am also fairly sure all of the better U23s have had time with the first team even pre-Carlo.

Unfortunate this one. I don’t think he’ll play for us again but I think he’s going to be one hell of a player. With DCL’s development it’s hard to say we did anything wrong by not playing him much last season, but I have a feeling he just got frustrated with his lack of play and will never come back because of it.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Unfortunate this one. I don’t think he’ll play for us again but I think he’s going to be one hell of a player. With DCL’s development it’s hard to say we did anything wrong by not playing him much last season, but I have a feeling he just got frustrated with his lack of play and will never come back because of it.

He was awful for us.  When DCL started for us when he was younger worked his ass off and have it a go.  Posters like @Hafnia saw something in him (others as well).  Kean showed fuck all.  Fat ass, laziness being pulled 10 minutes into a match.  Hugging and puffing on a 20 minute cameo.  Sitters missed but unlike DCL nothing to show for it.  

he might turn into a player in a lower league but I doubt we’ll miss him.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He was awful for us.  When DCL started for us when he was younger worked his ass off and have it a go.  Posters like @Hafnia saw something in him (others as well).  Kean showed fuck all.  Fat ass, laziness being pulled 10 minutes into a match.  Hugging and puffing on a 20 minute cameo.  Sitters missed but unlike DCL nothing to show for it.  

He was scoring for Juventus and PSG obviously were happy to take him on. That suggests they both saw his potential. It didn’t work out with us for whatever reason but he’s still quite  young and (in my opinion) does have a lot of tools. It would not surprise me if he matures into a very good striker.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

He was scoring for Juventus and PSG obviously were happy to take him on. That suggests they both saw his potential. It didn’t work out with us for whatever reason but he’s still quite  young and (in my opinion) does have a lot of tools. It would not surprise me if he matures into a very good striker.

Him scoring for juve is the same as saying Theo Walcott was scoring for arsenal.  When you have a top top side Playing against Minnows you could put anyone in and they would score.  That’s why I was hesitant to sign him.  Morata who was awful for Chelsea is bagging em left and right for juve.  Weak league.  Same with psg, even weaker league and world class talent all around.  At Everton he was playing cup matches with our rotation players.  He couldn’t stand out then.  If he needs a world class cast he’s not worth the 30m we paid.  

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Had a game for us where he was outstanding, ran the ball, battled for it, direct, strong. Looked like a young Wayne Rooney. I think it was against Watford. 

Needs to look at Royston Drenthe.... Another player with talent who didn't apply himself. 

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think he meant you were one who saw something on DCL in his early days Haf, think it was a compliment mate.

That how I read it too, but there were plenty who saw something in him with the only concern being his finishing (which has improved greatly) because at the time we didn’t really have a goal threat and that he was more of a worker than a goal scorer. Thankfully he has add that latter part to his game, though his foot finishing still needs to improve for him to become the world class player he is developing into

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think he meant you were one who saw something on DCL in his early days Haf, think it was a compliment mate.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

That how I read it too, but there were plenty who saw something in him with the only concern being his finishing (which has improved greatly) because at the time we didn’t really have a goal threat and that he was more of a worker than a goal scorer. Thankfully he has add that latter part to his game, though his foot finishing still needs to improve for him to become the world class player he is developing into

Agreed..... Apologies MJB.  Edited.