IGNORED

Moise Kean

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

?? 😐.

We didn't take our 5th pen as we were 4-2 behind so it didn't make any difference whether we scored it or not. That said I've no idea if Kean was down for it; even though we lost I was impressed with the way Holgate and DC-L stood up, it was the "bankers" that let us down, Tosun had 26/27 success rate before last night, better than Leighton.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

We didn't take our 5th pen as we were 4-2 behind so it didn't make any difference whether we scored it or not. That said I've no idea if Kean was down for it; even though we lost I was impressed with the way Holgate and DC-L stood up, it was the "bankers" that let us down, Tosun had 26/27 success rate before last night, better than Leighton.

Some were saying that they were disappointed that Kean didn’t step up to take a pen. I was just saying he may have been down for the 5th. If so there’s often a lot of responsibility in that. I guess we won’t know. 

Moise needs to settle down a bit, which given his age is understandable, against Utd he shown serious lack of understanding, and against Arsenal he was trying too hard, and trying to beat too many players ( like the rest of team on Saturday it has to be said) he needs to learn to lay the ball off sooner, he does seem to have a good skill set, and hopefully with time it will come good, a goal will do him the work DOF good confidence wise. As it stands I’d much rather see him come on as a sub than start, and rather than Tosun, with Moise at least it feels he might do something, I don’t get that feeling with Tosun.

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Moise needs to settle down a bit, which given his age is understandable, against Utd he shown serious lack of understanding, and against Arsenal he was trying too hard, and trying to beat too many players ( like the rest of team on Saturday it has to be said) he needs to learn to lay the ball off sooner, he does seem to have a good skill set, and hopefully with time it will come good, a goal will do him the work DOF good confidence wise. As it stands I’d much rather see him come on as a sub than start, and rather than Tosun, with Moise at least it feels he might do something, I don’t get that feeling with Tosun.

Agreed he should be first striker sub.  Tosun needs to go.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The language barrier won’t have helped, I know he speaks limited English but I hope the new manager will be able to get through to him what he wants a whole lot easier. 

And use tactics and style of play that better suits his game, let’s be sure of one thing if Ancelotti thinks he has got what it takes, he will give him the best opportunity to bring it out. 

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Kean has done a decent job this game, glad he got 70 mins. If we can keep him and DCL for a bit they’ll hopefully gel. Patience required here. 

Could argue that he should have stayed on as Niasse did nothing more.

That was definitely as bright as I have seen him, would love to seem him leading the line with Richarlison behind.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Could argue that he should have stayed on as Niasse did nothing more.

That was definitely as bright as I have seen him, would love to seem him leading the line with Richarlison behind.

True. Today was all about the CMs though and the tactics. 

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Sure the midfield were very poor today but Kean produced nothing at all. He takes the ball well, turns his man and then produces absolutely nothing.

Time is up for the lad. We can't afford to have yet another striker who doesn't know where the goal is

Are you serious??? He's 19.... 19.   Look at Rashford at the same age.... this lad is need to the PL and looks better each game. 

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Get him sold. Why are so many people crawling up his ass. He's a new Balotelli but with a fraction of the talent. Deary me! 🤣🤣🤣

Edit.

What was your mate Lukaku doing at 19?

Rotting On the Chelsea bench after missing a penno in the super cup final..... before going to WBA.   Yep.... he was actually 20 at that time.

He scored 0 goals in 15 appearances when he was older than Keane ..... 

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

He had already established himself in Belgium. Chelsea just moved too early, as have we. But I'm doubtful Kean is anywhere near as good as Lukaku was.

He might come good, it won't be at Everton. How many more games must go by without him scoring before we have to accept that the transfer hasn't really worked?

Are we just gonna keep hold of him because, as you like to point out, he is 19? Is there a reason he doesn't get game time? Those 3 managers haven't seen fit to put him in more often?

Established himself in Belgium??? That's an oxymoron right there..... next up you will be telling us how Ian Rush established himself as a goalscorer in the Welsh league.

Fact is this... at the age of 19 you can not judge whether someone will make off as a striker.... his core footballing fundamentals are sound. Pace, control, skill, strength.

But if your gut feel Tell you we need to get rid of a 19 year old when the squad is saddled with Walcotts, niasses, Schneiderleins, gylfis, earning half a million a week between them then maybe it's a good job you're not the DOF

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

He’s struggling that’s for sure 

I'm not sure he would "struggle" if we never had such a shit midfield.

Fook me... people used to defend lukaku when he fed on scraps. Is this kid getting spoon fed? No. He's a kid thrown in a team of piss poor soon to be retired mercenaries. 

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

He just needs more time and more care in man management - what he had at Juve. He’s a nineteen year old kid in a new country who’s been mismanaged in a team and club that are performing poorly. Give him time support and stability and he’ll come good - Everton has made their problems Kean’s problem.

Like x 5.

Some of our fans are ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not sure he would "struggle" if we never had such a shit midfield.

Fook me... people used to defend lukaku when he fed on scraps. Is this kid getting spoon fed? No. He's a kid thrown in a team of piss poor soon to be retired mercenaries. 

Don’t even make a comparison with Lukaku yet Haf. Lukaku proved he was a goalscorer.

At present Kean looks lost he’s giving the ball away too much. He’s young and we’ll all give him time 

49 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Don’t even make a comparison with Lukaku yet Haf. Lukaku proved he was a goalscorer.

At present Kean looks lost he’s giving the ball away too much. He’s young and we’ll all give him time 

He wasn’t a proven goal scorer until he was given a chance. The comparison is actually quite accurate in some ways and I’m amazed it’s Haf of all people making it but with a positive shine!