IGNORED

Moise Kean

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a happy lad being substituted against United after only coming on 20 minutes earlier. To be honest he had put in a few rash tackles, so maybe big Dunc feared, if he continued like that, Kean would be sent off... which is something our manager knows a thing or two about.

14 minutes ago, Heath said:

Wasn't a happy lad being substituted against United after only coming on 20 minutes earlier. To be honest he had put in a few rash tackles, so maybe big Dunc feared, if he continued like that, Kean would be sent off... which is something our manager knows a thing or two about.

Thought the tackles he made were largely well done, one in the corner which was harshly punished. If the ref was going to send him off, Davies would’ve been long gone. I think it’s a disciplinary action, though I don’t agree with how it was done. Hopefully it was more tactical which makes sense, though probably a mix of things. 

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He was blowing out of his arse and strolling back as if he didn’t have a care in the world, correct decision for me

The few times he did try he looked good, wrongly punished by the ref for at least one tackle too. But that was about 1% of his short cameo

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Dunc said he wants his players to fight for everything and never stop running, he did neither and so got hooked, ruthless maybe but I’m absolutely fine with that 

Don’t get me wrong, I agree largely. He should’ve been tearing up every blade of grass for 20 mins. It’s a harsh lesson for him to learn, I hope he does. 

meanwhile from the BBC

Everton boss Duncan Ferguson expands a little more on his decision to substitute Moise Kean after just 18 minutes: "I thought he had not quite got into the pace of the game. 

"Also, I have so many attackers on the bench I just needed to make a change to waste a bit of time. It is nothing to do with the player."

Asked if he will be speaking to him about it, Ferguson added: "I will do when I see him."

Speaking like another Ferguson with those answers 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Don’t get me wrong, I agree largely. He should’ve been tearing up every blade of grass for 20 mins. It’s a harsh lesson for him to learn, I hope he does. 

meanwhile from the BBC

Everton boss Duncan Ferguson expands a little more on his decision to substitute Moise Kean after just 18 minutes: "I thought he had not quite got into the pace of the game. 

"Also, I have so many attackers on the bench I just needed to make a change to waste a bit of time. It is nothing to do with the player."

Asked if he will be speaking to him about it, Ferguson added: "I will do when I see him."

I was a bit upset about it at the time, but from a press point of view I think Duncan handled it really well. 
I’d like to see Kean start on Wednesday though. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I was a bit upset about it at the time, but from a press point of view I think Duncan handled it really well. 
I’d like to see Kean start on Wednesday though. 

Could be a make or break for him. I'd like us to hold back on making gambles in the line up when we're 2 games away from the final. Digne will likely not play, along with half of the midfield who are all on sick notes.

Let's treat this game with the highest of importance.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

meanwhile from the BBC

Think that’s a damage limitation exercise! Ferguson totally blanked him when he went off he clearly wasn’t at all happy with him

15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Think that’s a damage limitation exercise! Ferguson totally blanked him when he went off he clearly wasn’t at all happy with him

I think you’re right, and maybe if any criticism can be aimed at Ferguson is the fact he blanked him when he came off, but  that would be it. 

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think you’re right, and maybe if any criticism can be aimed at Ferguson is the fact he blanked him when he came off, but  that would be it. 

That’s the way of the world these days. Snowflake generation is it? Nobody can take a bollocking these days and it annoys me to fuck.  You get paid to do a job and there is a structure management wise. You have to respect it in my view. Look at Arsenal and Freddie is doing. Seems to me  he is a mate to the players 

42 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your post is right 100%

Though I would still give him time. He is young and needs that chance. Give him that kick up the ass and see how he responds.

Fact is that at the moment, DCL is ten times the player he is. Ball is in your hands Kean. Step up, or ship out.

😂😂😂 you’re getting so aggressive today mate, you must have had 3 weetabix for breakfast 😉

Just now, Palfy said:

😂😂😂 you’re getting so aggressive today mate, you must have had 3 weetabix for breakfast 😉

Mate I’ve been coaching U8s today, much harder than a premier league team haha.

Got a few players who have a real chance, and then the rest just enjoy playing but aren’t top of their game. Try motivating that lot haha!

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Dunc said he wants his players to fight for everything and never stop running, he did neither and so got hooked, ruthless maybe but I’m absolutely fine with that 

It would be hypocritical of me to say Duncan was wrong...  how many pages did I write about Lukaku being half arsed and despite his goal record needed a similar sort of embarrassment thrown his way. 

Moyes came in and when he substituted Jesper Blomvist for being a lazy git and got the cold shoulder he tore into him in front of the players and staff in the dugout. It lay down a marker. 

The kid clearly has talent but that's not enough.  We have had too many players putting half efforts in.  We are jealously looking over at Liverpool, out working teams, putting work rate as a platform for talent. 

People are getting all upset because this kid is a prodigy.... No one gave a shit when Koeman treated Niasse appallingly... me included. 

Did his performance reallly warrant Ferguson to completely ignore him? Kean also looked a little confused when he was subbed on and immediately had a chat with Richarlison. I’m sure none of us will get to know the real reason. If it’s just about chasing the ball and you want a striker to just run and run (with little control or no end product) then Niasse is your man. I’m surprised Ferguson doesn’t realise the difference between the two as I could tell you beforehand what you’d get from each player. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Did his performance reallly warrant Ferguson to completely ignore him? Kean also looked a little confused when he was subbed on and immediately had a chat with Richarlison. I’m sure none of us will get to know the real reason. If it’s just about chasing the ball and you want a striker to just run and run (with little control or no end product) then Niasse is your man. I’m surprised Ferguson doesn’t realise the difference between the two as I could tell you beforehand what you’d get from each player. 

He said his reasons and it was the right decision. Pretty standard last minute sub to waste time. You don't wanna mess with your defenders and midfielders while they are doing OK. He picks the one who has least impact on our defence and changes him with quck, physically strong forward who will put more pressure on Utd backline and may force them to clear the ball long, which in turn is easier to recycle.

8 hours ago, barryj said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50802290

Stats show Niasse did more in his few minutes that Kean did in 18m. We needed someone who was going to help out winning challenges. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50802290

Stats show Niasse did more in his few minutes that Kean did in 18m. We needed someone who was going to help out winning challenges. 

I think that's the point Barry is making really - if that's what he wanted then why wasn't Niasse the sub in the first place? Because that's his whole game - to run around like an excited puppy.