IGNORED

Moise Kean

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not if he is stuck out on the right wing we’re he was like a fish out of water for that 45 minutes. All it’s going to do is drain any confidence the lad has and put more pressure on him to get the first goal

Not sure how that’s worse than being thrown on because we’re losing expecting him to right the wrongs of the game though, right? 

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure how that’s worse than being thrown on because we’re losing expecting him to right the wrongs of the game though, right? 

Not for me no. The lad is a CF so that’s where we should be playing him 

People will look at the amount of minutes he’s had without scoring a goal , they won’t take into account he was playing out of position . The longer that goes on the more the pressure builds 

He looked totally lost out on the wing and just couldn’t get into the game at all, that’s got to effect his confidence 

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not for me no. The lad is a CF so that’s where we should be playing him 

People will look at the amount of minutes he’s had without scoring a goal , they won’t take into account he was playing out of position . The longer that goes on the more the pressure builds 

He looked totally lost out on the wing and just couldn’t get into the game at all, that’s got to effect his confidence 

He’s looked lost being thrown in as a last hope too. 

but I get what you mean. We need a change in formation to get him on the pitch more. I think Silva is doing what he did to DCL; get half a season done with then get him starting. 

He just needs time to adapt like the majority of us expected when he came here. The difficulty is DCL isnt lighting the world on fire up front so that in turn put more pressure on Kean because everyone is looking him as being next in line.

The sooner we start playing better and scoring goals the easier the burden will be on him (and others too).

20 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Almost Allardyce levels of misinformation.

Personally, I don't see anything that suggests he is a winger. I think he just looks shoehorned into that position whenever I have seen him play there, albeit on very limited occasions.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just think Silva is in the position where he needs tried and trusted rather than the unknown. 

At the same time you want Kean coming into a successful side and not one that is struggling. 

At the same time I expected if you're going to spend close to your maximum transfer fee on a player he should be playing week in week out.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

He’s been bought as a player with a lot of potential, I don’t think the club expected the finished article to turn up and be ready from day one. 

Absolutely not. But imagine if we spent £40m on a striker that could actually start games. Maybe we wouldn't be hovering around the relegation zone. 

54 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Absolutely not. But imagine if we spent £40m on a striker that could actually start games. Maybe we wouldn't be hovering around the relegation zone. 

I think the problem with that would be attracting a £40m striker to Everton. 
I think the best chance to strengthen might be to pick up Giroud (if his missus will let him) in January, but he doesn’t score goals either. 

How many others were late to meetings without the club publishing it? 

Unless we name and shame every time this should have stayed in house. Only reason I can see this being released is to take pressure off the manager from a very small minority calling for Kean to play. Absolute joke we've got a manager who clearly can't cope with the pressure of the role and even worse has passed the buck onto a kid. 

5 hours ago, Heath said:

Kean late for the team meeting but apologised to all concerned. Unless it becomes a regular thing and he starts to take the piss, then that should be an end to the matter and attention should focus on his development and getting him in the team. 

It’s already a regular thing isn’t it?

Third time and second time dropped from squad. Sounds like me needs a bit of grounding.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Unless we name and shame every time this should have stayed in house. Only reason I can see this being released is to take pressure off the manager from a very small minority calling for Kean to play. Absolute joke we've got a manager who clearly can't cope with the pressure of the role and even worse has passed the buck onto a kid. 

Christ you are really going for it.

43 minutes ago, Btay said:

Christ you are really going for it.

Sorry for having some sort of morals. The club are right to fine and drop him but they should have kept it in house unless they are gonna name and shame them all, either way would be fair. Even if the manager just said at the conference when asked then it wouldn't be as bad he'd be showing some backbone and discipline, but instead he said it was his decision which would be fine if he'd then kept responsibility. But as soon as he then got some flak it's leaked the player was late. Bit convenient. 

So he's took responsibility for him not playing and then got stick for it. For me a good manager leaves it there. An absolute shit house leaks it. 

Do you think Kean is the first player at the club to be late in the last 2 years? 

Why have the club leaked it other than to protect the manager? 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

If he was doing that he’d have said so in the press conference when asked why he wasn’t in the squad. Instead he said “just a decision”. 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s already a regular thing isn’t it?

Third time and second time dropped from squad. Sounds like me needs a bit of grounding.

Is it? I thought it was two occasions. First one, I would assume he got a ticking off. The second time, he was dropped from the squad; which I would hope is the wake up call he needs and and will sink in with the lad.

So are you saying there were three occasions and not two? Or have I misunderstood your reply?