IGNORED

Moise Kean

8 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Heard a Leicester fan on a phone in the other day slating Rodgers for playing two defensive mids at old Trafford. We’ve had two every game for about 5 years 😂 I agree. We should play two up front more regular

The old 442 is that what you had in mind or a 352 or even a 4132. 

We haven't got the right players to go 3 at the back we would have something like Holgate Keane Mina, not one of them is capable of taking control of the line, you would be ok with Digne in that formation but not so with Coleman he hasn’t got the legs or a good cross, possibly the best player we would have as a wing back would be Walcott, then your 3 in the middle Delph Gylfi Gomes as a 2 1 or a 1 2.

If you are to get 2 up top with the players we have then a 442 would probably be better, the back 4 picks it’s self usual suspects, and the MF in my opinion would be Bernard Gomes Delph Walcott  

Why Bernard and Walcott because they would old there positions better in that system and Iwobi and Richarlison would want the freedom to go all over the place leaving us exposed with no real cohesion.

What would you go for and why to get your 2 up top ?

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would love to see them together. Last week we had DCL flicking headers on to..... well no one. Then kean came on and looked totally isolated. 

Problem is to play them together, means someone else has to drop. At home this could easily be a defensive mid.

But again, now out problem is we need two to make up for the one we lost. And we’re still conceding. 

So although I would love to see them both together, it’s hard to see how 😳

And the same question to you mate?

I’d like a 442 as well. 

I think if Bernard plays on the left you could use Richarlison on the right, but maybe you couldn’t let Coleman attack so much. 
I agree with Palfy that the midfield two would need to be Gomes and Delph, and agree on his back four as they pick themselves. 

To mix it up, I’d like to see Tosun and Kean start together in the cup game. 

On 20/09/2019 at 07:29, Palfy said:

The old 442 is that what you had in mind or a 352 or even a 4132. 

We haven't got the right players to go 3 at the back we would have something like Holgate Keane Mina, not one of them is capable of taking control of the line, you would be ok with Digne in that formation but not so with Coleman he hasn’t got the legs or a good cross, possibly the best player we would have as a wing back would be Walcott, then your 3 in the middle Delph Gylfi Gomes as a 2 1 or a 1 2.

If you are to get 2 up top with the players we have then a 442 would probably be better, the back 4 picks it’s self usual suspects, and the MF in my opinion would be Bernard Gomes Delph Walcott  

Why Bernard and Walcott because they would old there positions better in that system and Iwobi and Richarlison would want the freedom to go all over the place leaving us exposed with no real cohesion.

What would you go for and why to get your 2 up top ?

And the same question to you mate?

I think the two styles of DCL and Kean compliment each other. I would have a midfield hat consisted of two wide men .. Richarlison and Iwobi, both who are capable of cutting in and overloading the penalty area.

Then I would have a center of Delpth sitting, and preferably Gomes in front. This gives us a fast paced attack, but also an outlet.

We would also have a strong central line, with wingers that are more than capable of helping out in defence when we haven’t got the ball.

Now DCL looks to have put a foot forward in the strikers role, what will Kean be thinking? I'm NOT getting on his back by the way. However, I'm sure if someone would have said when we signed him that after 6 league games and two cup games, DCL was in the driving seat for the position based on 2 goals against a reserve championship side and 1 goal against Bournemouth, we would be somewhat surprised?

Also, I'm fairly sure he left Juve to get game time. He could have sat on the bench there. If he continues to be in and our of the team for another month or two, questions will be getting asked form both sides. It's far too early to be saying this, it really is and I'll await the comments back but this guy could easily be back to Italy next summer if he spends a season on the periphery.

13 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Now DCL looks to have put a foot forward in the strikers role, what will Kean be thinking? I'm NOT getting on his back by the way. However, I'm sure if someone would have said when we signed him that after 6 league games and two cup games, DCL was in the driving seat for the position based on 2 goals against a reserve championship side and 1 goal against Bournemouth, we would be somewhat surprised?

Also, I'm fairly sure he left Juve to get game time. He could have sat on the bench there. If he continues to be in and our of the team for another month or two, questions will be getting asked form both sides. It's far too early to be saying this, it really is and I'll await the comments back but this guy could easily be back to Italy next summer if he spends a season on the periphery.

I agree, it is far too early to be saying that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pete0 said:

He was mostly up top next to DCL first half, we just never got the ball to either of them. 

That was part of the problem in my opinion. We were so narrow down the right and Coleman was fecking useless. There was no relationship between the two of them, in fact I doubt they even passed the ball to each other more than 5 times.

Generally speaking, the lack of partnerships across the team is a big problem.

50 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Generally speaking, the lack of partnerships across the team is a big problem.

...and the one partnership we do have has been split up with Bernard’s injury!

I think we need to keep playing Iwobi and centrally when possible - he’s the type of player who can link up with anyone... you can see he and Walcott seem to have a decent understanding of each other’s game.

26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

...and the one partnership we do have has been split up with Bernard’s injury!

I think we need to keep playing Iwobi and centrally when possible - he’s the type of player who can link up with anyone... you can see he and Walcott seem to have a decent understanding of each other’s game.

I agree, he might not always make the most of it but he already seems to have a decent relationship with the players around him. 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

I brought a friend of mine with me last night.... a shite friend at that! Sorry for letting him in Goodison.

At half time he said we were the better team, but asked why we don’t get the ball to our forwards feet, why does it always have to go out to the wings.

Says a lot that your friend sees in 45 minutes what our manager still hasn't addressed in over a season! 

9 hours ago, Shukes said:

I brought a friend of mine with me last night.... a shite friend at that! Sorry for letting him in Goodison.

At half time he said we were the better team, but asked why we don’t get the ball to our forwards feet, why does it always have to go out to the wings.

I’m reporting you to the I should get better friends police 👮‍♂️ 😀

On 30/10/2019 at 14:23, Matt said:

I didn’t get to see the game but surely it’s good that he got 45 mins and a start in a competition rather than just chasing a loss?

Not if he is stuck out on the right wing we’re he was like a fish out of water for that 45 minutes. All it’s going to do is drain any confidence the lad has and put more pressure on him to get the first goal