IGNORED

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Sunday January 5th

markjazzbassist

I’d be pretty ashamed if I were to get any sort of pay check this week and was a part of that. Seriously all of them can get fucked with that. Digne is a shadow of himself. Sidibe is hot and cold. We have no midfield. It’s just pathetic. 

Carlo needs a bit of a wobble here as well, if silva was behind that team we wouldn’t hear the end of it.

I want to scream. That was woeful. An absolute embarrassment to this club.

A number of poor performances but for the whole game - Schneiderlein. I've never felt so angry with one single player. All he did was jog around at half pace, no effort at all. Everytime I looked at him, jogging half arsed.

Cannot believe what we've just had to watch.

Can't find the words really. Fuckin awful.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

What an embarrassment. 

I was hoping with a manager like Ancellotti games like this wouldn't get away from us like that, but, it's same old Everton. 

When you have players who for the past 2 years have been strolling in to training smiling, laughing, losing and not looking bothered then This is what you get....

No manager is gonna impact players like them this soon. The piss poor weak players felt like they were expected to win and crumbled.... they like being overpaid underdogs 

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d be pretty ashamed if I were to get any sort of pay check this week and was a part of that. Seriously all of them can get fucked with that. Digne is a shadow of himself. Sidibe is hot and cold. We have no midfield. It’s just pathetic. 

Carlo needs a bit of a wobble here as well, if silva was behind that team we wouldn’t hear the end of it.

I agree with all of that. 

I am hugely surprised that there seemed to be no real changes in the way we played as the game went on. I was expecting a tweak or change at half time as they were the better side.

I have been watching EFC since the 50s never have i been so embarrassed to be a blue, No manager we have ever had has sent out 11 cowards.

We will not hear the end of this in the next 25 years no matter how well we go on to do.

Carlo carries the can for a lot of that, he gives them confidence, or not as it showed thats his job.

We fought for nothing and let kids run rings around us, this is my lowest ebb as a blue, not one shot on target in the second half.

I've argued with many in here who don't see the value in bringing youth players through. Well we've just been knocked out the FA Cup by an U23 side who are clearly being coached to play in exactly the same way as the senior side, with one clear objective - they are absolutely ready to step in if and when needed. We've just won the last couple of PL2 titles, which means our U23s are in theory better than that lot. So what would have happened if we'd played Unsworth's side tonight? Why the fuck are we persisting with the likes of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, even Digne now, when they cannot keep up with a bunch of kids that our kids have beaten??

We can hate Liverpool all we want. But if you want success as a football club, that's how you do it. We're just set up for mediocrity, top to bottom.. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

When you have players who for the past 2 years have been strolling in to training smiling, laughing, losing and not looking bothered then This is what you get....

No manager is gonna impact players like them this soon. The piss poor weak players felt like they were expected to win and crumbled.... they like being overpaid underdogs 

Dunc had them playing with heart and fight right away, why make excuses for Carlo he carries a lot of responsibility for those cowards today

They had more energy than us - simple. We played our best team although most of them had played a serious amount of games in a short period and it showed. Gylfi and Morgan were a training drill for the young, faster kids. Delph and Davies would have given more energy. Walcott should never have been the last sub - Carlo got that seriously wrong. We went 2 uptop and started giving Mina hospital balls at the back trying to play it out.

Since Martinez’s downturn we’ve started this 3/4 pass procedure that ends up with the fullback or CDM going back to the keeper and a rushed clearance forward resulting in the ball coming back at us. Our initial intent is sideways or backwards - it needs to change.

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

I've argued with many in here who don't see the value in bringing youth players through. Well we've just been knocked out the FA Cup by an U23 side who are clearly being coached to play in exactly the same way as the senior side, with one clear objective - they are absolutely ready to step in if and when needed. We've just won the last couple of PL2 titles, which means our U23s are in theory better than that lot. So what would have happened if we'd played Unsworth's side tonight? Why the fuck are we persisting with the likes of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, even Digne now, when they cannot keep up with a bunch of kids that our kids have beaten??

We can hate Liverpool all we want. But if you want success as a football club, that's how you do it. We're just set up for mediocrity, top to bottom.. 

I agree with some of this. If you have holes in your side, then you need to look to the academy to fill the void. We have so many holes in midfield that the partnerships we try all suffer from the same problems. Too slow, weak and therefore not aggressive enough. You cant get away with Davies, Siggy, Delph, Schneiderlin against quick and mobile counterparts. We got away with it to an extent against Chelsea, but we didn't lay a glove on City and we did the same again today. 

It's not a problem to have some of those players above involved but they need to be playing with someone who can cover the ground and get about the pitch and not leave 20-30 yards between them and the striker with every forward ball. None of those players are going to risk making a run forward if they can't guarentee the ball will be held up enough because if they lose the ball they are miles out of position and can't get back. We desperately need some energy in midfield but we aren't going to get any until Gbamin is fit unless we make moves in the transfer window.

The other side of that argument is who comes in and do they have the skills that compliment the first teamers? Can Adeniran do that? If not who else is there that can? I'm sure if Gordon was a central midfielder he would have been playing games by now. 

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

The worst result in Everton’s history. Beaten by Liverpool Reserves - who deserved to win.

Dross from back to front but with a central midfield of Sneiderlein, Sigurdsson and Delph what can we expect. Absolute garbage.

All 3 can go. What’s worse is, it’s actually our academy players that have excelled and won things recently yet those poor kids are watching Liverpool’s academy players give our first XI the run around.