IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

50 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

122 countries want a probe into China with regards to coronavirus.

https://www.newsweek.com/122-countries-want-investigation-coronavirus-outbreak-happened-china-says-premature-1504712?piano_t=1

How anyone can keep defending China is beyond me. A country with atrocious human rights records, flagrant disregard for intellectual property, despicable treatment of animals, sweatshops, dystopian totalitarian regime and some people still defending them.

The WHO need investigating too, seems they have been swayed by China to suppress information with regards to coronavirus. Delaying the classification of pandemic as thousands were dying all across the world, claiming in January that human to human transmission was not possible when clearly we were seeing Chinese hospitals being swamped with patients. Did they all just eat the same bat soup that day?

Don't see how the bit I've highlighted is relevant. As a county we should look at that ethically but it's nothing to do with corona virus. 

Regarding the virus our government had all the information. Not only did they surppress it, the one in charge fucked off on holiday as he knew he was gonna be busy the next few months. Then on return actively encouraged people to take it on the chin. 

11 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

You really are blinkered aren't you Karen. Let me lay it out nice and easy for you. China does not give a rats ass about human life, it covered up the severity of the pandemic, it influenced the World Health Organisation to assist in their cover up. They hid their deadly virus from the world as long as they can and allowed it to spread. It became the world's problem rather than China's problem

Our government gives even less of a rats arse. Whilst China was isolating its people our government actively encouraged "herd immunity", our government was happy to see people die. 

Why are you rushing to blame China, has your dildo took to long in the post from Wish or something? 

10 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

That's completely ludicrous. China forced a lockdown upon it's people because it's hospitals were woefully ill prepared and their cities are like slave ships with millions of people crammed together like sardines. There was absolutely no chance of them averting a disaster and if you actually believe China's figures then there's nothing further I can say to you because your head has well and truly gone.

Sweden are still sticking with herd immunity and haven't seen catastrophic death rates. What's going on there then? Again lockdown is nothing to do with actually defeating the virus, it is to protect the NHS from total collapse.

At some point we have to come back out again. I don't have faith in a vaccine, we have never created a vaccine against any other coronavirus before, the whole nature of the virus is that it can defeat vaccines due to it's ability to mutate rapidly. Something that this strain of coronavirus has already proven to be able to do.

Once again the left is displaying it's tendencies to put "feels before reals". Science be damned. Have a nice day Karen

So we're fine to keep spreading it as long as there's enough beds in the hospitals for people to die in? What logic you using soft lad? 

You've already answered your own question in the other thread. They're less densely populated. Don't see how using them as an example that works as they also have one of the worst death rates if anything it proves how wrong we were. 

https://amp.france24.com/en/20200517-sweden-s-covid-19-strategy-has-caused-an-amplification-of-the-epidemic

What science are you looking at? Feels before reals, is that new Zealands slogan as their government acted swiftly and responsibly. They have a population of 5 million and lost 21 people. If we had acted the same we'd have lost significantly less lives, less than 300 rather than 30,000+ and counting. Or maybe new Zealand doesn't have old or BAME people :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Been back in work for a week on construction sites. They're trying to enforce social distancing in the office cabins and around the welfare facilities.

Strictly only one tradesman per plot and signs on doors etc when a plot is occupied. I hope it stays like this forever, program has been slowed to a more reasonable pace where trades can actually get their work done in one visit rather than be crawling on top of each other.

Scaffolders and bricklayers who work outdoors must wear coloured bands to identify which "gang" they are in. Anyone breaching rules gets instantly dismissed 

Pretty much the same for us on new housing projects for the national house builders, zero tolerance implementation with Covid management on most sites making sure people adhere to the risk assessments. 
My lads are on price so just need to have a bit of time to adjust to how things are going to be for the foreseeable future, the big money isn’t going to be around for a while, but they should be able to earn a decent enough wedge to live on taking there time and doing things safely, and if they don’t your right there be gone with no where else to go unless they get lucky, and that decision will be out of my hands. 

58 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Calm down Karen. Dear me, you've gotten your knickers in a right old twist.

Again, New Zealand has a tiny population with a lower population density. They also closed their borders immediately and stopped all flights from China. We didn't and I have no doubt that a Labour government would have followed suit, they're just as wedded to globalism as any other party probably more so. Countries that closed their borders early are the ones who have done best.

So tell me oh wise one. When is the right time to lift lockdown and go back to work? Other coronavirus haven't gone away, they're around forever and most just mutate down and become a common cold. I'm not an epidemiologist but I'm pretty confident you aren't either and from your postings and emotional incontinence I'm pretty confident you don't know much about anything other than what you glean from your narrow left social circles and their righteous indignation. That's it with lefties, always angry about something, full of complaints but never solutions.

Still with the girl names. Really must have wound you up getting called Paula on the school ground. I'm from a generation were girls are equal so you're just showing how much of a neanderthal you are. 

Fuck me you're an idiot. You're arguing as Labour wanted to remain in the EU they would have kept the borders open, I'd laugh but were in this mess because of idiots like you. Essentially the mess at the moment is because capitalism has been prioritised, see USA for evidence. Corbyn would have put people first, it's what he does. All throughout he's been holding the government to account or you calling him a liar and a capitalist? 

Japan is more dense, higher population, and has half as many deaths as us. And they're closer. So soft lad, why have we got the highest death toll? Why would it be no different under a government that would have put people first? 

The solution would have been to enforce the lock down earlier and stronger, followed the paths of Japan, New Zealand and South Korea. We even saw what happens if you don't in Italy. With all this information we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place. 

Any how, 12 weeks everything closed seems to be working elsewhere. 

As for the lefty comment I don't see how that's an insult. You're just reinforcing you're an idiot who puts the economy before people's lives. Would you kill your family so your boss doesn't make a loss? That's essentially what this Government is doing. 

14 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Scaffolders got the bullet today, couple of times they've flouted the rules and the manager who was trying to be lenient with them was left with no option after they got aggressive. I knew the scaffolders would get kicked, they were taking the piss before lockdown and they came back treating it like a big joke "it's just a flu".

The site manager is a top guy, felt sorry for him, he was only doing his job and gave them ample warning despite the rules being zero tolerance. The scaffolders are right dick heads. The butty lady complained about them coughing and leaning over the butty wagon all the time. Some people are just thick I think. Whether you agree with rules or not you should still abide by them.

Thing is Paul ever since I worked in this industry there are 3 trades that are stupid and take pleasure in acting like animals, they are scaffolders groundworkers and bricklayers, obviously there not all like that and I apologise to anyone on here who is responsible, but the vast majority of those 3 trades are dickheads who think there hard as fuck so they can do what they want, with a what you going to do about it attitude. 

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I haven't disagreed with enforcing the lockdown earlier. I wanted to close the borders much earlier which we still haven't, it's you who is wedded to the Labour Party, I didn't vote because there is no party that represents me in this country. All of them are globalists so I can't support them.

I'm not wedded to Labour at all. I'm anti-capitalist if anything. What do you mean by globalist? 

You are ignoring that this is a NOVEL virus, we had no information on what was the best thing to do. China had been covering it up for months with the help of the WHO who stalled with classification and produced misinformation on the infection rate earlier this year. The WHO has been criticised plenty of times for their failings and allegations of corruption.

The origin is traced back to November 2019. The link I posted was January 2020. So within 2 months we were alert enough to update the public. At that point the rest of the world were still learning about the new virus. By the time it hit us there was enough evidence around the world what to do but our government chose to prioritise the economy over peoples lives, only to then see the public would not tolerate losing their friends needlessly. The government has then half-arsedly put in counter measures too late and not strong enough. Criticise WHO and China all you want but they aren't the reason we haven't coped, what could they have said that we didn't already know by the time it got to us? 

We should have shut the borders, we should dial back our dependence on China and other countries for manufacturing, we should readjust our economy and our lifestyles too. It's all so easy with the benefit of hindsight. What would have happened had we reacted earlier and forcefully but the virus turned out to be a damp squib? You just don't know and it's unfair to criticise based on that. Would Jeremy Corbyn handle an alien invasion better that Boris Johnson?

It would have been with foresight given what happened to Italy compared to Japan, New Zealand, South Korea. How thick are you that I've had to repeat that. 

By the way, Korea has had second outbreaks and have very draconian and invasive tracking measures. Japan has suddenly started reporting coronavirus cases now that the Olympics has been cancelled, they're both also ethnically homogenous states too. Great examples.

Fuck me there's a pandemic and you're moaning that track and trace is draconian. What's the Olympics being cancelled got to do with new cases? You bring nationality up a fair bit, are you a closet racist or a loud and proud one?

Karen is an internet meme. You come across as a Karen. Typical lefty out of touch with the world.

Out of touch? You're holding China and WHO responsible when the rest of the world is looking at our government in disbelief. 

Have a nice day Karen

Hope that dildo you ordered from wish comes soon so you can get some relief. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

After having this proposed by Starmer in PMQs yesterday and rejecting it Johnson does a 180 in just over 24 hours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52761052

I said Starmer would get the better of Johnson he’s far too intelligent for Boris, there’s more than one way to skin a cat and Starmers seems to be working quite well. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I said Starmer would get the better of Johnson he’s far too intelligent for Boris, there’s more than one way to skin a cat and Starmers seems to be working quite well. 

I didn't know much about the guy before but no doubt he's had Boris on toast in the last three PMQs, even the Telegraph said he did for the first two.

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set

At PMQs, the new Labour leader asked a series of calmly factual questions – and the Prime Minister visibly struggled

It’s always the toughest stage of The Apprentice: the interviews round. A slick-haired young telemarketer in a shiny suit will swagger in, and start bragging about the foolproof business idea he’s had – only for the interviewer to take him apart like a Duplo train set.

In no time, the candidate has dissolved into a puddle of babbling neurosis, unable to give a convincing answer to any question, up to and including the spelling of his own name.

This is what it’s like, these days, watching Sir Keir Starmer grill Boris Johnson at PMQs. Labour’s new leader is calm, polite, and utterly merciless.

He doesn’t rant or shout putdowns. Instead he asks factual questions designed to establish whether or not the Prime Minister knows what his own Government is doing....

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

I didn't know much about the guy before but no doubt he's had Boris on toast in the last three PMQs, even the Telegraph said he did for the first two.

And isn’t it nice to see that you can still have morals and decency and be a lefty or labour supporter, which has we have seen in the last 6-8 months that is something righties or conservatives find difficult to aspire to. 
Or am I being to harsh?

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We actually shouldn't be politicising this thread, and I'm guilty of doing it so apologies for that; last thing we need is for it to go the same way as the GE thread.

Ok completely understand, when the GE is or if open again maybe they could possibly be moved. 

58 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It can't be helped. How are we supposed to talk about the economic impacts without bringing politics into it.

The government instructs the Bank of England to engage in quantitative easing and that is what pays for the furlough schemes etc.

The problem with these boards is that toxic users degenerate everything into a slanging match. I'm not taking the moral high ground, I've been guilty of it myself at times. Some users have become adversarial towards each other, that's the problem.

If we are taking about policy making that is directly related to coronavirus then I'd say it belongs in here.

I agree it is hard, politics is entwined in so many aspects of our lives, that makes it hard to separate them from each other. 
I do agree that we should try to rein in the way we express our views, and I’m very much guilty of not practicing what I preach.