IGNORED

Rotherham United (FA Cup Home) Saturday 9 January

markjazzbassist

Just now, Shukes said:

Just be careful till half time, then all thank Olsen for keeping us in the game. 
Carlo work some magic, come out second half and do a job.

Olsen has been superb to he honest, he really has kept us in this - if it wasn't for us scoring the goal and being ahead I'd be worried actually. 

As it happens Carlo just needs to rocket at half-time and send out a team with a better mentality second half, as luckily Rotherham haven't put us to bed. 

Hopefully James can get more into the game second half too, bit anonymous so far. 

With a midfield 3 of James, Gomes and Davies, we’ve not got a very good mix - we should dominate Rotherham but we’re missing what Allan or Doucoure brings which allows us to control and dictate play.

For them, I’ve been impressed with the right-back Olosunde - been very lively. Just googled him and he’s a young American lad who was at Man U.

Rotherham completed 82% of their passes that half, something we need to reduce in the second. Win the first (and second ball) to kill any momentum going forward, a team like this shouldn't be able to complete so much play at our home ground. 

Agreed about the back four too @Bailey, we're crying out for a leader mate - expect Keane to step up tbh. Not to turn this into an Olsen/Pickford debate, but this is one of the latters strengths IMO, Jordan always looks to be very vocal and very demanding of his back four. 

Missed the first 14 minutes, and from what I’ve seen since then it’s been awful, poor playing out of the back, not winning knock downs, misplaced passing. Only decent bit was when we slowed down for Tosuns second chance, need to play our own game with more assurance.

Keane seems to be off the pace, Coleman keeps over running the ball and in to trouble, surely we will be better in 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wonder how much of an influence the sun is having 

If I could name the single worst thing about playing in goal it would be playing with the sun in my eyes - caps feel awful IMO and it just made everything awkward. I'd take every other condition over a bright, dipping sun.

Hopefully with the sides switched we can get back on top! No changes it seems from Carlo, just a stern teamtalk perhaps...

@markjazzbassist I'd take anyone scoring next 😂!!