IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Saturday 6 February

markjazzbassist

I expected nothing from the Leeds game and was pleasantly surprised, so I'll do the same tonight and hopefully we come away with something. Even though we're at home I would take a point considering how Manchester United's season is panning out but wouldn't put it past us getting all three after what Carlo has been saying in the press. Two defeats from two so far this season, but a change of plan could be exactly what is needed to take something. 

Six points would be fantastic momentum for our next two winnable games (Spurs in the FA Cup and Fulham in the Premier League).

15 hours ago, Btay said:

Can’t stand him. Such a talented player but he is an absolute bitch. It’s one thing to dive and roll around but when you are running around the pitch kicking people like a coward it’s another level

The wife is Portuguese and can't stand him, which hints at the kind of vibe he gives off. One of my biggest bug bears is players that aren't hard as nails yet go around the pitch with sly little digs through the 90 minutes, without sounding out of order he's the type of player that needs a really strong two-footed tackle to take him down a peg or two. Unless you have the muscle and might to back yourself up don't go around with late tackles and sly digs. It's just something I can't stomach - I've seen it throughout youth football and it stems into the professional game too, the most frustrating part is that Bruno is wonderfully talented so really doesn't need to be going around with the behaviour that he does.

I’ll guess it’ll be ........

Olsen

Coleman   Godfrey   Keane   Digne

Doucouré          Gomes

James      Sigurdsson    Richarlison

DCL

Gomes to push forward, Doucouré to stay mostly back.  Admittedly that lineup might be too weak defensively.  If that is the team Ancelotti selects, Doucouré just has to stay back.

2 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’ll guess it’ll be ........

Olsen

Coleman   Godfrey   Keane   Digne

Doucouré          Gomes

James      Sigurdsson    Richarlison

DCL

Gomes to push forward, Doucouré to stay mostly back.  Admittedly that lineup might be too weak defensively.  If that is the team Ancelotti selects, Doucouré just has to stay back.

I would put Mina in the CD and put Godfrey on the left no place for Digne, for me he seems of the pace in his defensive duties at the moment, and you can’t afford not to be at your best defending against United. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would put Mina in the CD and put Godfrey on the left no place for Digne, for me he seems of the pace in his defensive duties at the moment, and you can’t afford not to be at your best defending against United. 

Yours is a good point.  It seemed as if Leeds played forward most of the match down Digne’s side of the pitch.  Still, he seemed more effective than Holgate on the other side.  I do think Coleman’s experience makes him the likely choice on the right.

Wonder if there’s any chance Ancelotti will start Godfrey or Holgate at DCM with Doucouré, move Gomes forward a bit, leave Sigurdsson out?

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yours is a good point.  It seemed as if Leeds played forward most of the match down Digne’s side of the pitch.  Still, he seemed more effective than Holgate on the other side.  I do think Coleman’s experience makes him the likely choice on the right.

Wonder if there’s any chance Ancelotti will start Godfrey or Holgate at DCM with Doucouré, move Gomes forward a bit, leave Sigurdsson out?

It’s a difficult one Elston but the defence is the key to this game, and as you have highlighted there are so many permutations, but I feel our best chance is try to keep a clean sheet and catch them on the break. 
But would love to see us take it to them. 

Target Pogba and Lindelof. Both are weak links defensively. Worried about that front 4 as I think that is their strongest attack.

I am concerned that Keane and Godfrey will sit off Utd's attackers. They need to be aggressive like they were at Leeds and not how they (Keane and Holgate) were in the reverse fixture.