IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

Stolen from the BBC site...

If, as Perez suggests that this all about reducing boring matches, then I’m in. Who wouldn’t want endless repeats of some of this season’s classics? Chelsea 0 - Man U 0, Man U 0 - Chelsea 0, Man U 0 - Man City 0, Arsenal 0 - Man U 0, Liverpool 0 - Man U 0, Chelsea 0 - Spurs 0.

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Really pleased with the Chelsea fans tonight, thousands have turned up at Stamford Bridge to protest and sat down in the street so that the team bus could not continue its journey into the ground. Petr Cech addressed the crowd telling them that it wasn't the right thing to do and to ''give them time'' but was booed and re-joined the Chelsea team to chants of ''We want our Chelsea back''. 

You really feel like people are getting behind this protest against the ESL and its wonderful to see. I actually can't wait for the Manchester United & Liverpool game to see what people can organise. This is the biggest threat to our beautiful game and it's great to see supporters fighting for what they believe in. 

There are so many points that I want to talk about on this subject but I'd be here all night, so perhaps another time. For now though I'm just so proud of the Chelsea fans for what they have done and so happy to see football fans united against what are these disgusting and outrageous plans. 

It just shows you how out of touch these team owners really are with the British and European game. Even fans of the clubs that are pushing for a closed shop money making competition are disgusted by it all. Bravo Chelsea fans. 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Should all still be sanctioned in some way though.

I was just thinking the same thing - One year European ban for all 12. Enquire made and 3 year ban for the orchestrating clubs. That will fuck up their coefficients for CL automatic entry when the new rules kick in (that where made to better suit these clubs!!). 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There is no way it can continue now!

there's are some serious tails between legs at the moment!!! 🤣 I was almost worth these arrogant clubs doing this, just so they now feel the utter shame they have brought on to the clubs the claim to love. The world knows who and what you all are!! 

Just now, RuffRob said:

there's are some serious tails between legs at the moment!!! 🤣 I was almost worth these arrogant clubs doing this, just so they now feel the utter shame they have brought on to the clubs the claim to love. The world knows who and what you all are!! 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move restricting foreign ownership or a push toward supporter ownership (as in Germany).

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move restricting foreign ownership or a push toward supporter ownership (as in Germany).

there will be some aftermath, some of these clubs have shot themselves in the foot. They all effectively tried to hold the game to ransom for nothing but greed.  

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Ed Woodward has resigned, the house of cards is falling.

Edit: Agnelli has resigned as chairman of Juventus too, apparently there's massive pressure on Florentino Perez to do the same.

If all three go tonight I might just have some JD to celebrate. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If all three go tonight I might just have some JD to celebrate. 

This could all actually end up as a positive watershed moment in the European game. These owners, which is now looking very much like within England to be the American owners wanting a US like sporting model for European football - and fook our football tradition. Looking like main culprits are Man U, Liverpool and most likely the Arsenal owners. Send them packing all. These owners have been well and truly shown what everybody thinks of the American sporting model - shove it up your arse. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

why?

To see the rich fuck off, fail and come crawling back only to be entered into the lowest leagues and rebuild from there. This is just too easy for them. They tried their luck, and it's not gone their way so they sack a figurehead and continue as normal. It would've really screwed the TV companies and banks who backed them too.