IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

If the team’s that left get fined by ESL were and in who’s pockets will the money eventually go, could it be used in legal battles against all of the European and World footballing bodies to legally get their league recognised and to stop any retribution to their plans, and if so and they win would that encourage the big players to return to the concept knowing they legally can’t be penalised. 

17 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Didn't quite know where to put this, but crazy scenes from Old Trafford. Of course my immediate thought was back to January 6th and the storming of the Capitol here, albeit much less violent.

Indeed, protestors at the ground have breached the gates and are currently in the ground and on the pitch. It all seems peaceful(ish) at the moment, however one of the videos shows a flare being thrown onto one of the massive posters that most clubs have on their seats during Covid. I just hope it doesn't turn violent, as that would just make the whole thing a thugs day out as opposed to trying to remove people like the Glazers, FSG and Kroenke's from the clubs that they hold power in.

The game might not be postponed, as I expect the police to be in there shortly but of course there will be a delay to the KO.

Edit: 

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Indeed, protestors at the ground have breached the gates and are currently in the ground and on the pitch. It all seems peaceful(ish) at the moment, however one of the videos shows a flare being thrown onto one of the massive posters that most clubs have on their seats during Covid. I just hope it doesn't turn violent, as that would just make the whole thing a thugs day out as opposed to trying to remove people like the Glazers, FSG and Kroenke's from the clubs that they hold power in.

The game might not be postponed, as I expect the police to be in there shortly but of course there will be a delay to the KO.

Yeah they're all out of the grounds now. Were probably only in there for 10-15 minutes total

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah they're all out of the grounds now. Were probably only in there for 10-15 minutes total

I expect them to move to the coach park, apparently there are hundreds outside the Lowry Hotel where both clubs are staying, apparently neither clubs have left for the ground yet due to the protest.

I've been following the build-up this and 10,000 are expected to turn out so think that this is just the beginning. The protestors will be there throughout the game and after the final whistle, it actually wouldn't surprise me if a few of them try and get onto the pitch during the game itself to cause scenes and get on TV.

There is talk about a fine or points deduction. Fine won't hurt the Glazers or club at all. Points deduction teaches the fans a lesson as well as the club (lax security). I'm not against protest but there are right ways to go about it. The few spoiled it for the many anticipating the game, due to the significance of the result.

45 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If that really is their solution to punish and prevent future bullshit, they're more deluded than though.

Plus that fine won't do anything. Banks funding the ESL give those sums as bonuses to a single person, they won't hesitate to just compensate any club the "fine".

And as if the other 3 give a shit. All this inaction and indecision is doing is actually reinforcing their mentality that they're more powerful than the authorities. Just like the bankers after the crash, only 1 being suffering any real consequences 

I'm not even going to let myself get annoyed about it, as stated earlier it's amazing how terrified the governing bodies are of the "Big 6". From Day One you just knew there would be zero punishment, with at best a fine that in relative term would be pennies.

It's been this way for a while for me; love Everton, pretty much hate the "sport" that they play within as it's riddled with backstabbing, corruption and money spinning. 

My interest in Everton and football as a game will never, ever die as I love it/them too much. But I just cannot get on board with the whole business side of things - it makes me genuinely not that arsed about breaking into the Champions League as it's just more games in what is a money exercise for UEFA. Long gone are the romantic days of European success, it's all about breaking into these competitions for social media likes, inflated sponsorships and fans being treated as cash-cow customers.

There is a part of me that was a bit dissapointed that the Super League didn't go ahead, so that the "Big 6" could eventually fuck off to their European friendly tours and we could get back to what domestic football should be.

Edit: Also, the Glazers liable for between €5-10m when their net worth is estimated at around $3bn :lol:. Don't do it again lads!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...