IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

21 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The 3 clubs mentioned still haven’t withdrawn their support for the ESL, surely the possibility of a 2 year CL ban isn’t punishment enough, it should be an indefinite ban until they fully withdraw from the ESL, with a firm commitment to UEFA that they will not be involved with any other breakaway leagues, and sign and accept as all clubs should do that any plans or involvement with any breakaway leagues means a complete expulsion from any leagues or competitions under the umbrella of UEFA. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Is anyone surprised?

Not really, I think the PL are relieved they didn’t have a big fight on their hands, and the punishment in someways is praising the so called big 6 for not pursuing their ESL ambitions, very weak in my opinion. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bill said:

We haven't heard the last of this, i think the Super League is still in their plans.

Most definitely Bill, if they have the green light from the European court and Uefa’s hands have been tied what’s to stop them. 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Most definitely Bill, if they have the green light from the European court and Uefa’s hands have been tied what’s to stop them. 

They have no green light from any European court, they have the support of a minor court in Madrid (surprise) so means nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

Like last time, the Super League would be an absolute disgrace to football but am I that arsed? Not really. The "Big Six" have been taking the piss and doing what they feel like for years (perhaps decades now). Even though it would ruin football as I know it, them fucking off and us having an actual fair domestic league wouldn't be all too bad.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Like last time, the Super League would be an absolute disgrace to football but am I that arsed? Not really. The "Big Six" have been taking the piss and doing what they feel like for years (perhaps decades now). Even though it would ruin football as I know it, them fucking off and us having an actual fair domestic league wouldn't be all too bad.

This is where I am too.  Get the greedy fuckers out, have the teams that want real and fair competition to stay in.  The super league will be a bore fest and a failure in time.  No one wants to see that shit.  The underdog upsets are what gets people into sports.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

This is where I am too.  Get the greedy fuckers out, have the teams that want real and fair competition to stay in.  The super league will be a bore fest and a failure in time.  No one wants to see that shit.  The underdog upsets are what gets people into sports.

It’s ok getting the bastards out but the sponsorship will follow them out the door so no sky money it could even affect our stadium build that’s why we where the first to call them out. 

• 1 year later...

"All the Premier League owners have made that commitment. They will not be joining a European Super League."

That's a very naive statement. The teams who would join are all owned by the ultra-rich, and they have no morals except "make more money". If they smelled new money, they'd back-stab the Premier League in an instant. The ONLY thing that would stop it would be a strong unified response from the fans.

I've suggested before that we should ban sponsorship by betting companies. In addition, we have to do something to stop financial strong-arming by foreign owners. City blatantly violated the letter, and even more so the spirit, of FFP. Newcastle will soon be found to be doing the same. We cannot allow them to get away with it.

We at Everton might want new owners, but let's avoid becoming a financial play-thing of the very rich. Do we want to be the next City or Newcastle? Would we sell our soul to the devil to buy some sort of fabricated success? I certainly hope not.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

"All the Premier League owners have made that commitment. They will not be joining a European Super League."

That's a very naive statement. The teams who would join are all owned by the ultra-rich, and they have no morals except "make more money". If they smelled new money, they'd back-stab the Premier League in an instant. The ONLY thing that would stop it would be a strong unified response from the fans.

I've suggested before that we should ban sponsorship by betting companies. In addition, we have to do something to stop financial strong-arming by foreign owners. City blatantly violated the letter, and even more so the spirit, of FFP. Newcastle will soon be found to be doing the same. We cannot allow them to get away with it.

We at Everton might want new owners, but let's avoid becoming a financial play-thing of the very rich. Do we want to be the next City or Newcastle? Would we sell our soul to the devil to buy some sort of fabricated success? I certainly hope not.

The whole point was the this BGL is in addition this time around, and that statement is a contract agreement with the PL. 

It won't come down to morals, fans will just stop supporting those clubs and it'll die, killing the clubs along the way. 

Actually, when I think about it, bring it on. This could be a Thanos snap moment but with volunteers  :lol:

Daniel Levy: "We are competing in a league in which we have seen increased sovereign wealth ownership and consortia finance; and in a league where the spending power is now vested in the hands of a few who dominate and have the ability to distort the market... It is understandable that some fans call for more spending, much of which is unsustainable for many clubs." 

How much more if the ESL promoters get their way?

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Daniel Levy: "We are competing in a league in which we have seen increased sovereign wealth ownership and consortia finance; and in a league where the spending power is now vested in the hands of a few who dominate and have the ability to distort the market... It is understandable that some fans call for more spending, much of which is unsustainable for many clubs." 

How much more if the ESL promoters get their way?

I did think it was quite laughable coming from him.