IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Sunday 23 May

markjazzbassist

Well it's away so that's good, and they already have the league wrapped up and are focused on champions league, and they went up 2-0 on Brighton and lost 3-2 because i don't think they cared.  So we have some things going for us :)  Let's hope the players are motivated and Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham all lose.  I don't think anyone is expecting us to win this, i think the opposite really.

Pickford

Keane        Mina       Godfrey

Coleman      Allan   Gylfi  Doucoure  Digne

Richarlison  DCL

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Well it's away so that's good, and they already have the league wrapped up and are focused on champions league, and they went up 2-0 on Brighton and lost 3-2 because i don't think they cared.  So we have some things going for us :)  Let's hope the players are motivated and Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham all lose.  I don't think anyone is expecting us to win this, i think the opposite really.

Pickford

Keane        Mina       Godfrey

Coleman      Allan   Gylfi  Doucoure  Digne

Richarlison  DCL

Or because they played a lot of the game with 10 men? 

I can genuinely see an upset in this game.

Man City players will have their eye on the cup final and I just don't see them having anywhere near the intensity you would expect from them. When you take that intensity out of a side like City they become very beatable because they are so open and they put a lot of responsibility on their defenders in 1v1 situations. Don't get me wrong it can all just click and they could score a brilliant goal but we will have the opportunity to score and we just need to do what we have done all season and take advantage against the best teams. It is even the type of game where we could go on and score 2 or 3 if they start unraveling and just pushing forward more than normal.

Of course, we could turn up and play as though we are on the beach and they could turn us over with a couple of easy goals in the first 10 minutes. We should want this more than them and we need to take advantage of that.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Man City players will have their eye on the cup final and I just don't see them having anywhere near the intensity you would expect from them. When you take that intensity out of a side like City they become very beatable because they are so open and they put a lot of responsibility on their defenders in 1v1 situations. Don't get me wrong it can all just click and they could score a brilliant goal but we will have the opportunity to score and we just need to do what we have done all season and take advantage against the best teams. It is even the type of game where we could go on and score 2 or 3 if they start unraveling and just pushing forward more than normal.

Of course, we could turn up and play as though we are on the beach and they could turn us over with a couple of easy goals in the first 10 minutes. We should want this more than them and we need to take advantage of that.

I can’t. It’s their party parade and the first time their fans have been in the stadium for over a year. Any player not expecting to start the champions league final will be trying their hardest to showcase their talents to Pep. I really hope I’m wrong but I can only see a comfortable City win. 

On 20/05/2021 at 17:22, barryj said:

I can’t. It’s their party parade and the first time their fans have been in the stadium for over a year. Any player not expecting to start the champions league final will be trying their hardest to showcase their talents to Pep. I really hope I’m wrong but I can only see a comfortable City win. 

I would have thought that too, but I would have thought the same in the semi final loss to Chelsea and the return game as well in the league. I know Chelsea are a different breed to us but they weren't at it.

I also think there is very little chance anyone plays their way into the CL final team when they have had a season to showcase their talents. Players take their foot off the gas. You see it regularly where at the end of the season the players take the league games with less respect than they should.

It is a good point about it being the first (and final) home game but the fans arent going to give a shit if they lose to us and win the Champions League final. They will be more concerned that everyone gets through the game unscathed.

Don’t get me wrong I would love it but it’s extremely unlikely. I don’t buy that the fans won’t care, they may say they don’t but as we know once it’s kicked off they’ll be screaming at the ref and players etc. The players will also want to sign off with a win and the loses to Chelsea are against a team that seems to have their number and are a good step above us. 

On 20/05/2021 at 14:33, Bailey said:

I can also see a lot of upset, but not in the way you mean...

10 hours ago, barryj said:

Don’t get me wrong I would love it but it’s extremely unlikely. I don’t buy that the fans won’t care, they may say they don’t but as we know once it’s kicked off they’ll be screaming at the ref and players etc. The players will also want to sign off with a win and the loses to Chelsea are against a team that seems to have their number and are a good step above us. 

I do get the Chelsea comment but I watch a lot of City and on neither occasion did they have their proper side out there. First time there was a lot of rotation and they didnt have any of their tempo players (Gundogan and Foden, maybe even Bernardo) and second time they played an unusual formation which had no midfield but 5 attackers (including Aguero and Jesus). 

Without doubt the fans will still be up for the game but there is nothing riding on it and both fans and players will know it.