IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

• 3 weeks later...

That’s not an easy read. I’ve nothing but respect for Dwight, managing to play on while he’s had that going on. Probably some of his best games for us too. 
Hope Megan makes a healthy recovery. 
It’s easy to forget just how young he is too, the pair of them are just kids really. I couldn’t have dealt with that at 24.

On 01/02/2024 at 21:25, Matt said:

That's horrific to deal with at any age, but to see that in a 24 year old is impressive. 

Indeed. Ten years ago today it was my wife's 47th birthday and I was starting my fourth week of radiotherapy, with a chemo dose thrown in on the 4th.

Point is that stuff like this is infinitely harder for partners than it is for patients, nightmare, take my hat off to him

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Strange that his game has gone off so much recently especially the performances he was putting in when he was under so much pressure in his personal life. Would like to see him come good again.

He may well have been running on adrenaline the whole time and now his body and brain needs a rest?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought it was a brilliant save personally and quite a good one for the pen too

It was a brilliant save, but I’d much rather he fucking leather the thing into the back of the net. 😂

I thought the penalty was weak. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Whatever he had at half time I hope he has it before kick off next Monday.

Proper Jekyll and Hyde performance from him, was slagging him off in the concourse at half time for a woeful 45 minutes where his body language was awful, he just didn’t look interested but then the second half he goes and puts in a shift like that!

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Proper Jekyll and Hyde performance from him, was slagging him off in the concourse at half time for a woeful 45 minutes where his body language was awful, he just didn’t look interested but then the second half he goes and puts in a shift like that!

Maybe Dyche thought the same way and had a word with him.

I'd like to think that happened.

Fans were going berzerk.... had his head down feeling sorry for himself.   The applause he got for the one man press was brilliant though. That's all we need from him - effort.   He looked broken and I was a bit concerned tbh. 

12 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I was going mad in the Gladys stand, cheering him on. The whole stadium was applauding. It was great 👍  

I honestly think he needed it.  Doesn't matter if touch is off as much as it matters that you work your arse off for the cause. Inspirational.