IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

24 minutes ago, RPG said:

He had a good game yesterday v Brentford. He isn't the quickest but if he can't beat his full back and get the cross in he does have a decent strike rate of winning a corner via a deflection off the full back.

He has also got a decent shot with his left foot. I think my right foot is better than his though and I am 60 and have arthritis!

I've said it all along, just play him on the left. That's where his positive aspects are best suited and his drawbacks can be hidden somewhat.

Lampard playing him on the right quite clearly hit his confidence.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/credit-them-sean-dyche-explains-26452744#

I do think that the majority of Everton fan are like that.

You'll definitely get a few that cling to their judgements no matter what, but I do think the majority will give praise out and back a player no matter what their view has been.

I didn't want us to sign him, I don't rate him, but it has never stopped me supporting him in the ground and has not stopped me seeing his positives.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I forgot to comment in this thread after tonight's game.

I think that's the best game I've ever seen him have. Certainly for us.

Scored twice, made the own goal, was up and down the wing all night long helping out in attack and defence.

He really couldn't have done any more. More of that please.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Scored twice, made the own goal, was up and down the wing all night long helping out in attack and defence.

He looks a real different player to the first 3/4’s of the season. Actually has looks to have a bit of pace but the workload. He will 100% be an Everton fan favourite on this alone. Added some real quality to his play as well.

22 minutes ago, Btay said:

He looks a real different player to the first 3/4’s of the season. Actually has looks to have a bit of pace but the workload. He will 100% be an Everton fan favourite on this alone. Added some real quality to his play as well.

He's still slow but he's definitely found another gear from somewhere.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He actually did do more, adding an assist for Doucs as well. Great performance from him. A thorn all night and real quality to add.

15 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Did anyone else notice how Gray ran onto the field to congratulate him after his goal at the end? Great to see such camaraderie.

I notice the same - Even though has not been on the pitch for a few games- he was celebrating as if he had delivered the assist to him. Good to see

14 hours ago, StevO said:

I know which of the two I’d rather have in my team. 
Gordon was talking about how we were too good to go down last season, while picking up the odd goal. McNeil is actually scoring goals to keep us in the league.
Hype or substance? 

Spot on, I don’t think we would have seen the work ethic and all rounded game from Gordon that we are seeing from McNeil, and certainly not the goals.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Simply put, there is one years difference between the two players.  Mcneil has more intelligence, skill, work rate, finishing than Gordon.  Gordon has pace and that’s about it. 

mcneil produced the stand out performance of any player I can recall in a long long time on Sunday. 

Give me an intelligent players of a quick or strong player any day.

I think the later two attributes are important for this league but there is no point being quick and making bad decisions time and time again.