IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

• 4 weeks later...

Worried about this bloke. He’s looked all at sea for most of the time so far. Terrified of taking people on, can’t play a through ball, slowing the play down.

He’ll really have to adapt his game especially in the position and role that Frank is playing him.  It feels like he is totally ingrained in defensive the Burnley way of playing.

Play Onana instead in this role.

15 minutes ago, badaids said:

Worried about this bloke. He’s looked all at sea for most of the time so far. Terrified of taking people on, can’t play a through ball, slowing the play down.

He’ll really have to adapt his game especially in the position and role that Frank is playing him.  It feels like he is totally ingrained in defensive the Burnley way of playing.

Play Onana instead in this role.

He doesn't seem to do anything at all, he's been a passenger.

It's still early days but it's not been a good start.

I don't think he is playing well but there were a few times he picked the ball up in the middle of the pitch looking for attacking options and there weren't any. 

It just led to him slowing down the attack by going backwards or losing the ball. 

He also overhit a fairly simple channel ball by at least 20 yards so I can't say with any certainty that it would have made a difference! 

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think he is playing well but there were a few times he picked the ball up in the middle of the pitch looking for attacking options and there weren't any. 

It just led to him slowing down the attack by going backwards or losing the ball. 

He also overhit a fairly simple channel ball by at least 20 yards so I can't say with any certainty that it would have made a difference! 

I agree, I think he has suffered a fair bit not having a striker in the starting 11 to try and pick out. Hoping we will see a much better showing from once the team has settled a bit, perhaps some introductions in to game from the bench. 

We need to remember we putting out new player on to the pitch game after game at the moment, and I am guess we are going to be doing this for the next few week - it wouldn't to surprise me to see another three or four new faces by Thursday.

I am really not expecting a great deal from this team until the new year in all honesty - This is as close as you are going to get to a near total squad rebuild this summer. It is going to take a fair bit of time for understandings to develop over the pitch. 

The season starting a couple of weeks early is also going to effect teams who have big rebuilds going on much more that others who are maybe settled and tinkering with a couple of additions. 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

To be fair though he’s had the likes of Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood running onto those passes so he probably hasn’t adapted to Rondon’s lack of pace…

7 hours ago, RPG said:

Agree with all of that yet Forest have 17 new players and are looking like they mean business already on the pitch.

Forest have won one, drawn one, lost two. They are hardly pulling up trees. 
I think they will stay up, but I wouldn’t be looking enviously at their squad. 
Signing 17 players is madness. 

14 hours ago, RPG said:

Agree with all of that yet Forest have 17 new players and are looking like they mean business already on the pitch.

Forrest also seem to have a player called a "Striker"? Which I believe is a player that can spearhead attacks, hold up the ball and score goals. Absolute rubbish if you ask me, this mythical striker thing. Anyhoo wingers and attacking players play better if teams have a "Striker" so this may explain a few things.

mcneil.PNG.40f02c5ce2ed8f933f4f3faf3bd02113.PNG

Great stats for him matching up to Patterson, which shows just how much Leeds put down their left hand side.

He was according to stats also the only player to put in an accurate cross.

I would drop him for Maupay against Liverpool but based on that strong defensive display Lampard may fancy dropping Gray, allowing him to keep Gordon more towards the left where he played mostly against Leeds and having McNeil to provide some defensive support.

2 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

mcneil.PNG.40f02c5ce2ed8f933f4f3faf3bd02113.PNG

Great stats for him matching up to Patterson, which shows just how much Leeds put down their left hand side.

He was according to stats also the only player to put in an accurate cross.

I would drop him for Maupay against Liverpool but based on that strong defensive display Lampard may fancy dropping Gray, allowing him to keep Gordon more towards the left where he played mostly against Leeds and having McNeil to provide some defensive support.

Personally, I would drop Gray as a starter.

Against Liverpool I’d be playing Gordon and Gray on the wings. Both pretty aggressive. McNeil is the one to sit out for me. I really like the lad, but I’d worry about him against their intensity. I know he did well against Leeds, but Liverpool (in a derby) the intensity is a different level. 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

Against Liverpool I’d be playing Gordon and Gray on the wings. Both pretty aggressive. McNeil is the one to sit out for me. I really like the lad, but I’d worry about him against their intensity. I know he did well against Leeds, but Liverpool (in a derby) the intensity is a different level. 

Plus we want as much pace as we can to get in behind their high line. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLn_MYtbOM/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=445d164c-5b39-464c-b9ff-0c9a9169de72

I thought he was really poor yesterday. He looked lost out there, which does suggest a lack of confidence. So I really hope that goal (it was a very good one!) gives him the confidence boost he needs.

I thought he took a while to get into the game but once he did I thought he did ok, especially after the goal . Wasn’t an amazing performance by him by any stretch but honestly don’t think he was that bad either. Took his goal really well and contributed more than Gordon has for the past couple of games