IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He played for Burnley mate. Iniesta would have most likely struggled for assists. 
It’s how many chances were created that counts.

An assist is only an assist if you have a player that can put it away.

I’m less worried about the raw numbers at his age since he still has plenty of time to improve anyhow. The one thing that is certain is that he’s an excellent dribbler. I wonder where Frank sees him positionally or is he a bit of a Swiss Army knife for us in attack.

22 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m less worried about the raw numbers at his age since he still has plenty of time to improve anyhow. The one thing that is certain is that he’s an excellent dribbler. I wonder where Frank sees him positionally or is he a bit of a Swiss Army knife for us in attack.

How old is he? 
Have no clue haha, but as we’ve been back and forth a while I imagined he is more at the back end of his career.

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

If he was available last summer for £15m I’d have said snap their hands off, but I didn’t see much of him last season. We need options, so as long as he’s not the only one I’ll be happy. 

By all accounts dyche had lost the squad, so it could be that a player like this lad struggled under his tactics.  A bit like a load of ours under fat Sam 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

By all accounts dyche had lost the squad, so it could be that a player like this lad struggled under his tactics.  A bit like a load of ours under fat Sam 

I watched them here and there in the run in while we were in mortal danger.  To me it looked like McNeil could not be arsed.  Not a great sign.  If we are truly at the medical stage already I hope the head shrinker is in the room. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mad that a lot of our fans complain about Gordon having no end product despite being younger and less experienced than McNeil, but are jumping on this as a great signing.

Never change, blues, never change :lol:.

To be fair Gordon does have no end product at this point but I imagine if we signed him for 15m or whatever almost everyone would love it.

2 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I watched them here and there in the run in while we were in mortal danger.  To me it looked like McNeil could not be arsed.  Not a great sign.  If we are truly at the medical stage already I hope the head shrinker is in the room. 

I give all new signings the benefit of the doubt, the only concern I have is he looks like Tom Davies would be neck and neck with him over 50 yards. 

Technically looks a sound footballer. A potential steady 7/10 player. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I give all new signings the benefit of the doubt, the only concern I have is he looks like Tom Davies would be neck and neck with him over 50 yards. 

I agree he’s about 7/10. Which would make it a solid deal for us for that price. At his age and being coached by Frank maybe he can get to 8/10 which would make it an excellent signing.

The way fans are reacting is pathetic on twitter. 

I’ve seen fans who objected to protests fume that we can’t pay the £17.5m to get cornet and that we had lost Richarlison….. Clearly don’t understand that the business model of our board has been the cause of this. 

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mad that a lot of our fans complain about Gordon having no end product despite being younger and less experienced than McNeil, but are jumping on this as a great signing.

Never change, blues, never change :lol:.

Didn’t he put do our whole team in chances created though?

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That’s +2 than our average then haha 😉

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

"McNeil is now on Merseyside for a medical ahead of signing for the club, with the deal worth up to be at least, 15 million"

Deal can't be both "up to" and "at least". The two contradict each other Mr Blobble.

Lazy writer didn't check the post and delete 'up to' or 'to be at least'.

17 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I saw an analysis that said he took shots from farther out than any other premier league player with a decent volume. Average of 22 yards. I expect that’ll be something Frank works on. I don’t actually mind it in a young player. He’s not afraid to take a chance and try to make something happen at least. I’d rather work that than someone who is just going to pass it sideways in the attacking 3rd

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Just noticed he's only failed to feature in 2 PL games in the last 3 seasons, and he's started the vast majority of those (5 appearances off the bench). I guess that's a bonus, he clearly has a natural fitness about him, far too many sick notes in our squad.

Nice one, we get to watch him play shit for a whole season :lol:.

I’m joking. I don’t think he’s shit, I just don’t think he’s going to improve us.