IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/09/2023 at 12:09, Romey 1878 said:

I never thought I'd be so happy to see him in a squad.

From this ^ to wanting him subbed long before it actually happened today. He was really poor and Danjuma should have been on much earlier.

I said him being so one-footed was going to be a problem when we signed him and today it really was. If you're giving him a ball to run on to then it's not so bad, but when he gets the ball facing his own goal it will always just go backwards again because he can't do anything with his right foot at all. I mean, he couldn't even slot the ball into an empty net with it last season!

This is a problem he even gives the simplest of passes with his left with a flick rather than use his right I’m not a 100% sold in Danjuma but he will play down the left and can be dangerous 

Dyche needs to find his best team fast and stick with it but does he even have a clue. 
I heard the players hated him at Burnley the way it’s going on now it will happen here and he won’t last long but who do we bring in. 

31 minutes ago, patto said:

This is a problem he even gives the simplest of passes with his left with a flick rather than use his right I’m not a 100% sold in Danjuma but he will play down the left and can be dangerous 

Dyche needs to find his best team fast and stick with it but does he even have a clue. 
I heard the players hated him at Burnley the way it’s going on now it will happen here and he won’t last long but who do we bring in. 

At Burnley he infuriated the fans at the end by not playing Jack Cork, cork was instrumental in getting Burnley back up. 

it seemed like he was unable to see the best players in key positions 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

McNeil is another player I would absolutely love to see on the bench. I don't know what's wrong with him but he's about as useful as he was under Lampard this season.

I said it in the game he’s a shadow of the player he was last season, for me he’s playing like a player who thinks he won’t get dropped. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Honestly had no idea about his private life, he sounds like a proper Everton player. 

I had an inkling because Dyche slipped in something during an interview not long ago and said about Dwight having off the field issues (I can't remember properly what he said) and then I saw something on his Instagram and his partner was saying she didn't know how he'd put up with everything. So I put two and two together.

Which is why I haven't been all that critical of some of his performances recently but I had no idea it was as serious as it looks to have been.

I don’t think any of us new about his off field problems, as a person I do commiserate with him and wish his partner a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 Yet as a Everton supporter why is he still being picked it’s obvious that it’s having a huge impact on his game which can’t be any good for him mentally, so much so that between him and the club they have released statements to in someways justify why he has been a shadow of himself on the pitch. He shouldn’t be playing he’s obviously out of sorts and the club is the bigger picture that needs looking at, is Dyche saying that McNeil who’s head isn’t in it fully and obviously having an impact on his game is a better option than Danjuma. This sort of shit pisses me off so much with this club when imo Dyche is playing party politics with the team and not doing the right thing by the team. 

Always great to see footballers support their family / partner through times like these. This situation seems harder than anything I’ve had to deal with so I can’t imagine what it’s like mentally. Regardless, he seems like a genuinely good man which shouldn’t be discounted.

As for his play on the pitch, I don’t really understand where the notion that he’s playing poorly is coming from. He had a poor start to the season but I think he’s mostly done well when you look at the season to date. And I know that stats aren’t everything but he’s combined for our highest output on the year. His lack of pace and right foot can be frustrating but I actually think he’s played fairly well.