IGNORED

Watford ( Home ) 23rd October

Btay

Absolutely crucial we bounce back with a win.

Probably still missing DCL but hopefully Richarlison is back. Mina in for Godfrey who is becoming more of a concern with each week.

Pickford 

Coleman   Mina       Keane      Digne 

Doucoure         Allan 

Townsend          Gray             Gordon

Richarlison 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Pickford 

Coleman   Mina       Keane      Digne 

Doucoure         Allan 

Townsend     Richarlison            Gray 

I know we may as well be playing with 9 or 10 with Rondon and Iwobi on the pitch, but you could probably slot Gordon in as an 11th player 😛

It has to be 433 in my opinion. I thought Allan was picked off at times as it was on Sunday and he will be even more exposed without Doucoure. I would go with:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan

Davies Gomes/Gbamin (or one of the kids)

Townsend Rondon Gray

At least we are playing one of the worst teams in the league this weekend!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It has to be 433 in my opinion. I thought Allan was picked off at times as it was on Sunday and he will be even more exposed without Doucoure. I would go with:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan

Townsend Rondon Gray

Ha Ha that means nothing to Everton.  As with West Ham the thought of going too high brings on nosebleeds 😁  and they usually make a mess of it.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan

Townsend Rondon Gray

433 as well for me. Davies or Gbamin who ever it is ( just not Delph ) won’t bring Doucoure’s energy so we will need both. I don’t think Gomes will be fit for this?  Hopefully Richarlison is okay and can play up top because Rondon is dog shit 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Richie isn't even great up top but he's a massive improvement on Condom, which says it all really.

Depends on his mood really. When he wants to scrap he is okay, we will need to keep Gray up near him though. 

Just sick of seeing Rondon stroll around pretending to look like he’s putting in a shift.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

433 as well for me. Davies or Gbamin who ever it is ( just not Delph ) won’t bring Doucoure’s energy so we will need both. I don’t think Gomes will be fit for this?  Hopefully Richarlison is okay and can play up top because Rondon is dog shit 

I agree, lets hope Richarlison can come back for this. I am sure he will fancy it against his old club too.

•  

• Everton have never lost a home game to Watford in any competition (13 wins, two draws) – it’s the most they’ve ever faced a side at home without defeat in their history.

• Watford have won three of their past eight league games against Everton (one draw, four defeats), more than they had in their first 18 such meetings with the Toffees (two wins, three draws, 13 defeats). However, they lost home and away against them in their last Premier League campaign of 2019-20.

• Everton have lost five of their past eight home Premier League games against newly-promoted sides (two wins, one draw), including two of their three last season (v Leeds and Fulham). Indeed, since 2018-19, this is the most such defeats of any side, with Leicester City next on three.

•  

Pickford

Coleman   Mina   Godfrey    Digne

Allan    JP/Davies

Townsend     Gray      Gordon

Richarlison

Verdict on JP or Davies really down to what the manager/coaches see in both of them in training, this (hopefully short) absence for Doucoure should be the ideal chance for JP to show everyone that he's alive, well and able to step up and do a job in that position for us.  But if he's not shown that desire in training then it could well be Davies.

Gordon should have started last week and should get the game this week, want to see him running at their defenders and looking to get inside as well as getting crosses in.  Showed how well he can finish in the latest training video, would love to see him bag himself a first EPL goal in front of the home crowd.

Richarlison is in full training so i'm going to assume he's fit enough to start.  Hopefully we can turn them over and he'll be able to comfortably go off in his trademark grumpy huff after an hour.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well I played for the first time since my Goodison game (did I mention that?) last night and survived! So I'm ready to go :lol:

Game day :yay:too many years since I've been, so excited!

Enjoy mate, our days there are literally numbered now. Hopefully we can get the win to make it an even better day for you.

If I am Ranieiri, I sit his side deep, try and pick us off and then break with the speed and strength of King, Sarr, Hernandez (?) And Sissoko. 

Whether or not Watford can defend well enough for 90 minutes is another problem but as soon as you tempt Davies and Allan this side of the half way line the break is on because they aren't getting back. 

I'm going to pray for an early goal!