IGNORED

Palace (Away) FA Cup QF Sunday 20 March

AlbanyNYToffee

Injuries, suspension and cup-tied leaves us very light.

Begovic, Lonergan, Kenny, Patterson, Holgate, Keane, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Seamus, Branthwaite, Townsend, doucs, Iwobi, Gomes, richarlison, dcl, gray, cenk, Gordon, Salomon 

without Allan I’d like to see us go 3-4-3

begovic

kenny Keane godfrey

patterson doucs gomes mykolenko

gray dcl richarlison

gordon needs a rest. Gray and richarlison can tuck inside and use their work rate to help doucs gomes at times and allow Patterson and mykolenko to provide the width. 

It appears that a number of our eligible players are tired or nicked up.  Unclear whether Thursday’s exhilarating win will or won’t reinvigorate the healthy players for a super effort before the break.  Still, Lampard can play any player who’s healthy, as the next match is 2 weeks away, plenty of time to recuperate.

Begovich

Coleman    Holgate    Keane    Godfrey

Doucouré     Gomes     Mykolenko

Iwobi                     Richarlison

DCL

Bench — Gray, Gordon, Townsend, Kenny, Patterson, Rondon, Tosun

Play through Gomes, who’s only effective in the middle 50% of the pitch, way too slow to defend consistently, but who sometimes can control play masterfully going forward.  Have to hope this is such a match for him.  Iwobi and Richarlison will run to exhaustion.  Time for DCL to get a goal, lift him for the rest of the season.

38 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Injuries, suspension and cup-tied leaves us very light.

Begovic, Lonergan, Kenny, Patterson, Holgate, Keane, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Seamus, Branthwaite, Townsend, doucs, Iwobi, Gomes, richarlison, dcl, gray, cenk, Gordon, Salomon 

without Allan I’d like to see us go 3-4-3

begovic

kenny Keane godfrey

patterson doucs gomes mykolenko

gray dcl richarlison

gordon needs a rest. Gray and richarlison can tuck inside and use their work rate to help doucs gomes at times and allow Patterson and mykolenko to provide the width. 

After this match, there are no games until April 3, so I'm not sure anyone needs rest. On the other hand, I'd use this game as an opportunity for a couple of non-regulars to have a chance. Begovic will probably start, and I'd like to see both Mykolenko and Patterson as well. I'd prefer that Price start over Gomes, to be honest; let the latter come on as a sub rather than the former. DC-L needs game time, but maybe we could give Richarlison a break - although his temperament is probably such that he'd go mad sitting on the bench.

Begovic

Holgate    Keane    Godfrey

Patterson                    Mykolenko

Iwobi     Doucoure     Price

DC-L     Gordon

Effectively it's a free hit for the players. I don't mean that it doesn't mater if they lose, losing is never ok, I mean that in terms of the pressure on their shoulders - no points are on the line so you'd hope that whoever plays can play with freedom and, shock horror, maybe a bit of enjoyment!

I don't have any expectations for the result, I just want them to give everything and if we get the result that takes us to Wembley it'll give us a little bit of sunshine in a season of storms!

7 hours ago, RPG said:

I think the back four that played so well against Newcastle deserve another game together. Midfield almost picks itself.

I'd go 4-2-3-1

Begovic

Coleman  Holgate  Keane  Godfrey

Doucoure  Gomes

Gordon  Gray  Richarlison

DCL

If we do want to change things and stiffen up the midfield, we could go 4-1-4-1

Begovic

Coleman  Keane  Branthwaite  Godfrey

Holgate

Gordon Doucoure  Gomes Richarlison

DCL

No Iwobi after his last couple of performances I think he is jailed on to start I'm not sure about gray.

8 hours ago, RPG said:

I think the back four that played so well against Newcastle deserve another game together. Midfield almost picks itself.

I'd go 4-2-3-1

Begovic

Coleman  Holgate  Keane  Godfrey

Doucoure  Gomes

Gordon  Gray  Richarlison

DCL

If we do want to change things and stiffen up the midfield, we could go 4-1-4-1

Begovic

Coleman  Keane  Branthwaite  Godfrey

Holgate

Gordon Doucoure  Gomes Richarlison

DCL

Thought this sick nightmare had passed us by to be honest.

disappointed Patterson isn’t playing to be honest. 

Begovic totally out suggests that he's either injured or ill, I just hope that Pickford is actually fit as opposed to being shoehorned in because we haven't got another established goalkeeper. As others have said (on here and on social media), Patterson not making the XI is a little disappointing considering what we've seen in the U21's from him.

As much as I want us to win, the very real relegation fight has taken over anything for me so if losing today with the guarantee of finishing 17th would be a deal I'd snatch off whoever was handing it out.