IGNORED

Manchester United ( Home ) Saturday 9th April

Btay

Brilliant result and great to see solid performances from Pickford and Godfrey after Wednesday. 

matter Burnley it's hard to look forward to fixtures but Leicester, Palace, Watford...maybe even Brentford have got to be targets.

Hopefully Frank can get them believing in themselves for Midweek.

Mina back also, hopefully to solve the Keane problem.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

I really needed us to win this. Times are hard in the badaids home: I’m going to be out of work in 4 months, and a home and the wife and daughter are miserable about it. We’ll work something out and Everton’s woes makes things worse, so when we win the world seems a little lighter. 

Sorry to hear that mate, hope things get better for you soon.

9 minutes ago, badaids said:

I really needed us to win this. Times are hard in the badaids home: I’m going to be out of work in 4 months, and a home and the wife and daughter are miserable about it. We’ll work something out and Everton’s woes makes things worse, so when we win the world seems a little lighter. 

Chin up mate, loads of work out there. What is it you do? I’m sure a few on here can look out for you. 

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope things get better for you soon.

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Chin up mate, loads of work out there. What is it you do? I’m sure a few on here can look out for you. 

I work and live abroad jobbing around the international institutions. Theres always work but often it’s piecemeal. Something will turn up, but its a stress not knowing what or where it will be. Thanks for the support though!

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Brilliant result and great to see solid performances from Pickford and Godfrey after Wednesday. 

matter Burnley it's hard to look forward to fixtures but Leicester, Palace, Watford...maybe even Brentford have got to be targets.

Hopefully Frank can get them believing in themselves for Midweek.

Mina back also, hopefully to solve the Keane problem.

Why target 1 player after a good win 

1 hour ago, badaids said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Where are you? Could offer something on building if that’s up your street? Mainly based in stafford in the midlands. Let me know if it’s something you could be interested in and I’ll find something.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am so fucking drained after that. I honestly feel like I could sleep for a week now I'm back home after the game. But, I'm glad I can actually be at the games and feel like I can have some sort of impact on the result. I have no idea how you lot that can't actually be there cope!

We really played as a team today and I'm proud of them. It would have been easy to be completely flat after that Burnley game and then to be playing United next, who may be hit and miss but they still have quality players that can hurt you. They weren't flat though, and while there wasn't a lot of quality on show there was a hell of a lot of grit and heart. We fought for that and earned those three points by giving everything to the cause.

Pickford made some quality saves and commanded his area well for the most part.

I know Keane's getting some stick for his performance at the beginning of the game but I thought he and Godfrey provided a good bedrock for the side. They won a lot of aerial balls between them and we needed them to.

Mykolenko is growing by the game and that's another one where he's been more than solid, and I love his whole attitude when he plays. Under pressure he doesn't go to bits or hide, he just gets on with it.

Coleman was targeted by United all game, they concentrated on our right side but he stood up to it very well.

Gordon was fucked by about the 32nd minute. I'm convinced he was hurt but didn't want to come off. That Dogs of War attitude is exactly what we need.

Iwobi was fucking immense. I cannot tell you just how impressed I was with him. As an attacking player you do not expect the sort of defensive quality he showed today. I was a bit blown away if I'm honest.

Delph... what can I say. He came back in and he provided that bit of calmness in the middle of the park and more often than not chose the right option when he had a hold of the ball.

Allan was like a little terrier, as you expect him to be. Lacked composure at times but he was still a big reason why we've come away with the three points. He won the ball back plenty for us.

Richarlison was out on his feet by the end of the game, he never stopped. I don't know where he was finding the energy from towards the end of the second half.

While I'm not convinced DCL is anywhere near fit I also don't think he did enough in the game. It's not that I don't think he's trying to battle or not putting the effort in, but so many times he was jumping too early and giving himself no chance of winning the header. He needs to get his head in the game.

Your analysis of players pretty much backs up we saw on tv, even got a good feel of the atmosphere. Fortress Goodison is so important now and I like how Frank acknowledges that.

16 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Your analysis of players pretty much backs up we saw on tv, even got a good feel of the atmosphere. Fortress Goodison is so important now and I like how Frank acknowledges that.

The atmosphere was tense but great as well. Even through that tenseness we got behind them but was particularly good from the time we scored until the final whistle. It was like we all just realised that we had to be with the players totally, we couldn't let our nerves keep us quiet

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am so fucking drained after that. I honestly feel like I could sleep for a week now I'm back home after the game. But, I'm glad I can actually be at the games and feel like I can have some sort of impact on the result. I have no idea how you lot that can't actually be there cope!

We really played as a team today and I'm proud of them. It would have been easy to be completely flat after that Burnley game and then to be playing United next, who may be hit and miss but they still have quality players that can hurt you. They weren't flat though, and while there wasn't a lot of quality on show there was a hell of a lot of grit and heart. We fought for that and earned those three points by giving everything to the cause.

Pickford made some quality saves and commanded his area well for the most part.

I know Keane's getting some stick for his performance at the beginning of the game but I thought he and Godfrey provided a good bedrock for the side. They won a lot of aerial balls between them and we needed them to.

Mykolenko is growing by the game and that's another one where he's been more than solid, and I love his whole attitude when he plays. Under pressure he doesn't go to bits or hide, he just gets on with it.

Coleman was targeted by United all game, they concentrated on our right side but he stood up to it very well.

Gordon was fucked by about the 32nd minute. I'm convinced he was hurt but didn't want to come off. That Dogs of War attitude is exactly what we need.

Iwobi was fucking immense. I cannot tell you just how impressed I was with him. As an attacking player you do not expect the sort of defensive quality he showed today. I was a bit blown away if I'm honest.

Delph... what can I say. He came back in and he provided that bit of calmness in the middle of the park and more often than not chose the right option when he had a hold of the ball.

Allan was like a little terrier, as you expect him to be. Lacked composure at times but he was still a big reason why we've come away with the three points. He won the ball back plenty for us.

Richarlison was out on his feet by the end of the game, he never stopped. I don't know where he was finding the energy from towards the end of the second half.

While I'm not convinced DCL is anywhere near fit I also don't think he did enough in the game. It's not that I don't think he's trying to battle or not putting the effort in, but so many times he was jumping too early and giving himself no chance of winning the header. He needs to get his head in the game.

Fantastic post and almost word for word how I feel. I’d probably say it was Mykos best Everton performance to date and he has a real motor. I’d also probably be slightly harsher on DCL who I thought was poor. Other than that I’d completely agree with the other comments. I felt today it took the players to lift the crowd and once they did that it was responded to. 

It was definitely draining 😂

On 08/04/2022 at 04:58, AlbanyNYToffee said:

At JFK now boarding the plane. Win lose draw, relegation, no relegation. I know everyone on here lives and breathes this club, but I hope none of us lose sight of how special we are. The fans. We are the club. And no matter what happens we will support our blues til the day we die. Up the fucking toffees. Can’t wait to be in the Gwladys Saturday afternoon. COYB. 

What an occasion yesterday must have been for you. So happy you were able to experience it.  

On 07/04/2022 at 21:58, AlbanyNYToffee said:

At JFK now boarding the plane. Win lose draw, relegation, no relegation. I know everyone on here lives and breathes this club, but I hope none of us lose sight of how special we are. The fans. We are the club. And no matter what happens we will support our blues til the day we die. Up the fucking toffees. Can’t wait to be in the Gwladys Saturday afternoon. COYB. 

Here's hoping the passenger sitting next to you on the flight home likes Z-Cars enough to listen to you humming it for eight hours.

Was waiting for this to come out. Whenever Everton win, it has to be because the other team were pants haha.

Journalists who knows F all about football. They can’t credit us with getting out tactics right for a change and not allowing the opposition to play.

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Was waiting for this to come out. Whenever Everton win, it has to be because the other team were pants haha.

Journalists who knows F all about football. They can’t credit us with getting out tactics right for a change and not allowing the opposition to play.

They do credit us though?

United could have had the ball for another two hours and still not scored. Some of that can be attributed to the putrid state of this famous old club in red but much can also be attributed to the back-to-basics, b*llocks out attitude of these Everton players.

19 hours ago, patto said:

Why target 1 player after a good win 

Nothing I said should detract from the outstanding win.

the reality is though I only singled out that player because he has been poor (as have plenty) but more importantly that we have someone coming back that should improve the team (Mina)

if we had a decent center forward coming back I might have said it would solve our Calvert Lewin problem. 

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Yes, I watched it too. Not wishing to get into 'Whatiffery' but if we had held on to the 3 points at Burnley we would be 9 points clear of the bottom three right now. As it is, another big performance against Leicester would be another significant step to safety.

Been thinking about that ever since I walked out of Goodison yesterday, but been trying not to because it'll just annoy me :lol:.