IGNORED

Mohammed Kudus

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So the club briefed journalists it was getting done…. Yet the lad played for Ajax in the last game.

are the club trying to falsely give fans hope to stop any negative noise at home games?

smacks of the sort of shit we have seen before.  Approaching our 4/5 games of the season without a fit and viable striker. Absolutely disgraceful 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So the club briefed journalists it was getting done…. Yet the lad played for Ajax in the last game.

are the club trying to falsely give fans hope to stop any negative noise at home games?

smacks of the sort of shit we have seen before.  Approaching our 4/5 games of the season without a fit and viable striker. Absolutely disgraceful 

Unlikely, it would be a PR disaster, Ajax are tough negotiators so maybe a tactic or chance to say goodbye.

Patience is needed.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Unlikely, it would be a PR disaster, Ajax are tough negotiators so maybe a tactic or chance to say goodbye.

Patience is needed.

A chance to say goodbye?? This is not Little House on the Prairie, LB! We're a no bullshit, business-savvy, well-oiled corporate machine f'in joke. No way would we let others scupper the deal.

This deal is not going to happen, I fear.

But I do admire your optimism!

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If it was a marquee signing I would be more in agreement with you, but this is a lad that has barely played many games for Ajax's first team. Anyone getting too hopeful of him coming in are probably getting a little carried away.

36 minutes ago, Formby said:

A chance to say goodbye?? This is not Little House on the Prairie, LB! We're a no bullshit, business-savvy, well-oiled corporate machine f'in joke. No way would we let others scupper the deal.

This deal is not going to happen, I fear.

But I do admire your optimism!

I think people need to, panic more, or maybe be less patient, but certainly have an over simplified view of the transfer market.

Or people could just wait, we do not know who we have approached, or what has been agreed, Everton tend to do business in private and not leak. The information we have comes from so called ITK's, which is quite unreliable. We need to wait until after the transfer window to judge, we don't know what other clubs' or agents are involved or how. We are operating with imperfect information, and acting or forming opinions based on imperfect information rarely leads to sound conclusions.

56 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Or people could just wait, we do not know who we have approached, or what has been agreed, Everton tend to do business in private and not leak. The information we have comes from so called ITK's, which is quite unreliable. We need to wait until after the transfer window to judge, we don't know what other clubs' or agents are involved or how. We are operating with imperfect information, and acting or forming opinions based on imperfect information rarely leads to sound conclusions.

This is far too measured, proportionate and sensible!!! I much prefer the hysterical, reactionary, ill-thought out venting of spleen that has served me so admirably since 1973. 

Your last line is an admirable summary, though - almost judge-like! 😉 

Let’s just say it as it is…..  we are playing games of football and are not scoring goals and we have played 2 teams we should have beaten…. We are doing this without a critical component - a striker.

it’s farcical absolutely farcical. We don’t have the luxury of time, we knew we needed a striker in June… and Murphy’s law then means having just one fit viable option means we get them injured doesn’t it. 

we are pissing away points, pressure is mounting and clubs will have us where they want us. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

He’s not though is he? He’s just a fella that copies and posts and for some reason people lap it up. He’s got a contact rumoured to be his brother who is an accountant at the club 

How can this explain how accurate his stuff is?  Starting line ups, injuries, the toffeetv lads and a few others have vouched for him. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

How can this explain how accurate his stuff is?  Starting line ups, injuries, the toffeetv lads and a few others have vouched for him. 

If he's being fed and passing on privileged information then he, and whoever is feeding him, need to be binned by the club asap.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If he's being fed and passing on privileged information then he, and whoever is feeding him, need to be binned by the club asap.

They managed to keep the Onana move away from him because he didn’t have a scooby that was happening until it was broken elsewhere, so he can’t be that clued up really.