IGNORED

Mohammed Kudus

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We just need to be patient. He'll become available again in the summer. Actually, I rather admire someone with a sense of responsibility and loyalty to his team. That's the type of player we need. If someone jumps ship too easily to join Everton, they'll be just as eager to jump ship to leave Everton. Loyalty is becoming a less common trait, which is a shame.

He's not coming here. Not in January, not in the summer. Not ever.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As annoying as it is the quality players we know we've missed out on recently, at least as fans we can see that we seem to finally know what the fuck we're doing and aren't chasing overpriced utter shite like Bolasie etc.

Absolutely right, scouting department seems to be focused in the right area and identifying good young talents before they go for mega money.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Never know though, Lampard has been able to sell the project to a few players now what we could assume are more attractive projects/proposals.

Plus it must be appealing for a player to know he would walk straight into our starting XI and get plenty of playing time. Something better sides may not be able to offer him

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Plus it must be appealing for a player to know he would walk straight into our starting XI and get plenty of playing time. Something better sides may not be able to offer him

Playing time trying to win aeriel duels and running the channels.

If he has any sense he will steer well clear! 

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

And Ajax are out of the UCL so a potential January move could be on...

Was trying to have an Everton free World Cup...  Kudus has no chill

His complaint was lack of game time, he's got it now so I don't see him pushing for a move unless CL is promised. 

12 hours ago, c1982 said:

We can promise him that - worth a try.

Would be great but his club known what they've got and would be stupid to not play him. Hope I'm wrong, would be very exciting to see a proper attacking talent on form again. 

I still have my usual nagging doubt of buying players of the back of tournaments though

• 8 months later...
2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Looks like he's off to wet spam. 

Huh...here we were assuming he'd go to one of the big clubs in Europe. If we were in even SLIGHTLY better shape as a club, we might've been able to nab this guy. 

The only reason we didn't get him was because Ajax pulled the plug on the deal.

Granted we had no chance after that opportunity was gone as we're a basketcase of a club.

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The only reason we didn't get him was because Ajax pulled the plug on the deal.

Granted we had no chance after that opportunity was gone as we're a basketcase of a club.

and you can't help wonder how much of an impact a signing like that could have made last season. We have missed out on a few decent players by fairly small margins, I felt the same with Diaz the summer before. These player make a massive difference in tight games at home, they get the crown going and have end product. Plays that where ready to come, but we ultimately failed. I somehow feel seaon on seaon we are becoming less and less of an attractive option for these types of players.   

We have become that club that other clubs, low on form, actually up their game when they are playing us - as they think 'we can get something from these..'.

This is my biggest fear after losing to Fulham, teams on paper we should be beating come here now with an expecation there is a good possibility they could grab 3 point. It then becomes a viciouse circle , we lose confidence and any club playing use gains confidence. Goodison has become a good hunting ground. 

I think Kudus in the team would have helped us massivly last season, particulary in home game.   

Fucking Antony!!!