IGNORED

Mohammed Kudus

10 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I don't really understand this move at all.  Seems like a total punt on potential.  He's a second stringer in the Dutch league.  How's he meant to come over the PL and get us scoring goals?  

I guess he would be brought for the potential.

We can’t afford to buy top players, and if we had the money… can’t attract them as a club. So we need to be able to bring in players that have the potential to turn into top players.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I guess he would be brought for the potential.

We can’t afford to buy top players, and if we had the money… can’t attract them as a club. So we need to be able to bring in players that have the potential to turn into top players.

What he said. We are not getting the finished product. The only way we are getting really high end talent at this point  is bringing it through the academy or taking a gamble before a true breakout.

15 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I don't really understand this move at all.  Seems like a total punt on potential.  He's a second stringer in the Dutch league.  How's he meant to come over the PL and get us scoring goals?  

It’s the complete opposite to the transfer strategy we’ve used the last 5 years that got us in this mess. Try to buy these players before they become big money and at worst we should get some money back because they are young enough.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s the complete opposite to the transfer strategy we’ve used the last 5 years that got us in this mess. Try to buy these players before they become big money and at worst we should get some money back because they are young enough.

Oh I get that, and wholeheartedly approve. As long as that is the idea here then great. But we’re are desperate for first team goals and I don’t see this lad being anywhere near double figures out the blocks. 

14 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Oh I get that, and wholeheartedly approve. As long as that is the idea here then great. But we’re are desperate for first team goals and I don’t see this lad being anywhere near double figures out the blocks. 

Well he’s a midfielder. Shouldn’t expect double figure goals from any midfielder really. 

Like Onana he looks to have some tantalizing upside. I’ll be disappointed if we can’t get this one through.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

He only played a handful of minutes again today. Sign him or not, he isnt going to come here and make an instant impact. He will be one for the future.

If you read into the politics behind it, apparently Ajax tend to have a bias to Dutch players and there are a few in his position. Many of their fans believe this lad should play far more.  Not sure if it’s true but a few said it on twitter 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If you read into the politics behind it, apparently Ajax tend to have a bias to Dutch players and there are a few in his position. Many of their fans believe this lad should play far more.  Not sure if it’s true but a few said it on twitter 

It didnt seem to be a problem for the likes of Antony, Martinez, Haller Tagliafico. I am sure there are plenty of others too. 

It sounds a bit too conspiracy theory for me.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

From my experience in the Netherlands, they are very nationalistic so I'm not surprised.