IGNORED

Vs Brentford (home)

Matt

• Everton lost this exact fixture 3-2 last season – they've never lost back-to-back home league games against Brentford before.

• Brentford are unbeaten in their three Premier League games against Everton (W2 D1), only picking up more points in the competition against West Ham (9) than against the Toffees (7).

• Demarai Gray is Everton's top scorer in the Premier League this season with four goals – no side has a lower scoring top scorer in the competition so far this term than the Toffees.

• Brentford are unbeaten in their past five Premier League away games, winning two and drawing three. Only once have they had a longer run without defeat on the road in the top-flight, going nine games between January and April 1936 (W3 D6).

Brentford are a weird team because I don't watch them and think they look a great side but they always grind out points and they score a decent amount of goals too. They are really well coached and they all know their jobs. It feels like both teams will cancel each other out a bit but if went a goal down early, I am not sure I would fancy us trying to chase the game against their counter attack.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Brentford are a weird team because I don't watch them and think they look a great side but they always grind out points and they score a decent amount of goals too. They are really well coached and they all know their jobs. It feels like both teams will cancel each other out a bit but if went a goal down early, I am not sure I would fancy us trying to chase the game against their counter attack.

Although they are doing great and only lost 4 games which is a shock to find out I don't really rate them and even though we aren't scoring I expect us to beat them.

I've just finished a 16 hour shift, taken my son swimming and by the time of the match I'll of been up for nearly 30 hours. I can't go to bed I have to watch the match as this game will define our season. If we win we will have belief. If we lose I just can't see us have enough confidence to get clear of relegation  

Coyb 💙 do a tired man a solid and send me to sleep happy with 3 points in the bag!