IGNORED

Leicester (Away) 1st May

Sibdane

Brighton play Arsenal, Us & Manchester United in the space of 11 days, hopefully we can catch them off guard and get a result.

That kind of effort is the minimum required from here on but the silly mistakes are going to cost us.

Dyche has his favourites and I have no doubt Keane will keep his spot despite one of the worst performances he has put in to date, which is saying something.

Think this was a must win game to stay up and the 2 points missed will ultimately make the difference. However, it's the countless points lost before this game that is the real problem.

There is at least some fight still left in the team. At 2 : 1, I feared heads would go down and we would fold. 

20 minutes ago, Btay said:

Brighton play Arsenal, Us & Manchester United in the space of 11 days, hopefully we can catch them off guard and get a result.

That kind of effort is the minimum required from here on but the silly mistakes are going to cost us.

Dyche has his favourites and I have no doubt Keane will keep his spot despite one of the worst performances he has put in to date, which is saying something.

I said this.  He will not take him out, he’s clearly pissed off with gray and fucked him off.   Dithers like no one else I’ve seen 

I'm happy and annoyed by that tonight.

Happy because we scored twice away from home, we didn't capitulate after going behind, we fought to the end, we created plenty of opportunities.

Annoyed because individual errors have really fucked us over tonight. Keane definitely could, and should, have done more for their first. Iwobi completely ballsed up by playing the ball to Tielemans right in the middle of the pitch and then it's just one pass to put Vardy through on goal, nothing we could do after that. Got lucky another two individual errors didn't put us 3-1 down - first Iwobi with yet another stray pass, and then Keane moronically leaves his arm hanging out away from his body. And then proceeds to plead his innocence by telling the ref how he handballed it. What the fuck?!

So things could have been worse but could have been better.

How did we not win that? 

Both sides had chances but how did Dom miss that? Iverson made 3 or 4 massive saves. 

Great game for the neutral, two teams really trying to win but not having the quality to do it. 

McNeil was probably a standout along with Tarkowski. Coleman was playing really well before his injury as well. Dom and Doucoure were probably then best of the rest with Garner.

Iwobi and Keane were dreadful, Gueye kept vacating midfield, Mykolenko was devoid of most things and Patterson showed that he is certainly not going to be our saviour. 

I am really surprised that we didnt see any subs, although in fairness I thought we were leggy with about 20 mins to go but he sat us deeper, soaked up a bit of pressure and we caused them loads of problems on the counter in those last 10 minutes. The players I would have taken off, played well in that last period. I still think the extra energy would have helped, though it didn't help Leicester, so who knows.

Don't understand how some on here are so sanguine about that result.  We absolutely needed 3 points today.  The points were there for the taking with 20 minutes left -- whatever happened before that -- and Dyche sat on his hands.  If we were in the early or middle part of the seasons, sure, a point away to Leicester is a good point.  Not now though.  

There's scant evidence that we'll get anything from Brighton or City.  That leaves us needed huge results against Wolves and Bournemouth.  It also leaves us needing so many other results to go our way.  We're not hovering above the drop zone, able to skate by with some luck.  We are right in the shit and now need even more of a miracle.  Hope a few of you are owed a favor from your idols.  Guess I'll be rubbing my rabbits foot. 

As for the goals. The first is simple, we didnt win any of our challenges. We almost wave the first ball through. Mykolenko loses the second. I think Keane does the right thing to position himself where he does. The problem is Doucoure and Coleman both go out to Barnes and don't stop the cross and that creates the space for Soyuncu. Pickford probably should have done better too. I don't think it was a free kick to start with though.

The second goal is just something you can't do against Leicester. When you are up against Maddison and Vardy you cannot give away a square ball with your team mates upfield. Its criminal from Iwobi. He had a easy ball to put Doucoure through first of all which is bad enough but to do that is just shocking. I then think he should have cleared out Maddison but his first reaction isnt to get fully goal side. I think he has a chance to do either action and make up for his mistake but he doesn't and its game over. Keane isn't winning that race and probably does well to not get sent off. Godfrey and Holgate would have. 

I think the penalty has to be given, but as a centre half its unlucky. His arm is out, it hits him, but he doesn't make an action towards the ball. I don't think its reasonable to expect defenders to have their arms behind their back. 

Whilst I didn't think Keane was responsible for either goal (the pen happens), for the rest of the game he was terrorised by Vardy. They clearly targetted him and he wasn't up to the task.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As for the goals. The first is simple, we didnt win any of our challenges. We almost wave the first ball through. Mykolenko loses the second. I think Keane does the right thing to position himself where he does. The problem is Doucoure and Coleman both go out to Barnes and don't stop the cross and that creates the space for Soyuncu. Pickford probably should have done better too. I don't think it was a free kick to start with though.

The second goal is just something you can't do against Leicester. When you are up against Maddison and Vardy you cannot give away a square ball with your team mates upfield. Its criminal from Iwobi. He had a easy ball to put Doucoure through first of all which is bad enough but to do that is just shocking. I then think he should have cleared out Maddison but his first reaction isnt to get fully goal side. I think he has a chance to do either action and make up for his mistake but he doesn't and its game over. Keane isn't winning that race and probably does well to not get sent off. Godfrey and Holgate would have. 

I think the penalty has to be given, but as a centre half its unlucky. His arm is out, it hits him, but he doesn't make an action towards the ball. I don't think its reasonable to expect defenders to have their arms behind their back. 

Whilst I didn't think Keane was responsible for either goal (the pen happens), for the rest of the game he was terrorised by Vardy. They clearly targetted him and he wasn't up to the task.

Keane had his arm in a daft position. His lack of awareness for their first was a joke, yes other players were involved in different phases but he was shocking again tonight. 

I’ve read everyone’s comments on what went wrong who made mistakes and what cost us the game, and not one person has mentioned the DCL miss as contributing factor as to why we didn’t win the game a long with all the other stuff, was I hallucinating when DCL missed the simplest of tap-ins from less than a yard, I don’t believe you could get a more clear cut chance than that, and I can’t believe that it was possible to miss it. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve read everyone’s comments on what went wrong who made mistakes and what cost us the game, and not one person has mentioned the DCL miss as contributing factor as to why we didn’t win the game a long with all the other stuff, was I hallucinating when DCL missed the simplest of tap-ins from less than a yard, I don’t believe you could get a more clear cut chance than that, and I can’t believe that it was possible to miss it. 

It did take a deflection just in front of him, but he ought to have been able to adjust.  He should have scored. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No, but I gave him a pass for that because he was doing everything else right. Winning balls, running the channels, hell he even created a couple with cut backs. Yes he should have scored, but I was too busy criticising those who had offered nothing in the plus column and even some in the negative column.

51 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Shocking miss but we created an open field chance… baby steps mate. He played well though and looked a threat. If he stays fit for the next few games we can stay up still, definitely.

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

No, but I gave him a pass for that because he was doing everything else right. Winning balls, running the channels, hell he even created a couple with cut backs. Yes he should have scored, but I was too busy criticising those who had offered nothing in the plus column and even some in the negative column.

He was my motm but you can’t give him a pass for that it was a dreadful miss and needs to be mentioned in the context of the negatives of the game. My point being no body mentioned that but mentioned everything else they saw. For me that was the difference between 1 point and 3. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Shocking miss but we created an open field chance… baby steps mate. He played well though and looked a threat. If he stays fit for the next few games we can stay up still, definitely.

Wait a minute mate did I mention that he didn’t play well no would be the answer to that, I never asked for your opinion on his overall performance. But found it funny that people would post things that happened in the game that cost us the win but didn’t mention possibly the biggest reason. Which is mind boggling that people have brushed that under the carpet, it proved to be a very very costly miss, and a big turning point in the game. 

Both keepers were key in that result, Pickford for the penalty save, Iverson made 3-4 vital saves preventing us scoring more, including the one from DCL, who had hit it in the opposite way the keeper was moving, it just caught his foot unfortunately, I have it down as a good save. 

18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Both keepers were key in that result, Pickford for the penalty save, Iverson made 3-4 vital saves preventing us scoring more, including the one from DCL, who had hit it in the opposite way the keeper was moving, it just caught his foot unfortunately, I have it down as a good save. 

I think the Doucs save was the best of the bunch. Headed for the bottom corner, through traffic. Incredible save

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Wait a minute mate did I mention that he didn’t play well no would be the answer to that, I never asked for your opinion on his overall performance. But found it funny that people would post things that happened in the game that cost us the win but didn’t mention possibly the biggest reason. Which is mind boggling that people have brushed that under the carpet, it proved to be a very very costly miss, and a big turning point in the game. 

You don’t need to ask for my opinion for me to give it & I wasn’t saying you said he didn’t play well so settle down mate. It was just a comment to say he is forgiven a little bit for the miss because he was playing well. If Maupay actually offered something during games we wouldn’t be so in to him when he missed chances… 

At this stage of the season I’m looking at players with bottle.  Dcl led the line superbly last night, gutted about his miss, took a slight deflection on way through but still should have scored.

garner, mcneil, were superb, demonstrating courage.   Keane and iwobi looked afraid. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

You don’t need to ask for my opinion for me to give it & I wasn’t saying you said he didn’t play well so settle down mate. It was just a comment to say he is forgiven a little bit for the miss because he was playing well. If Maupay actually offered something during games we wouldn’t be so in to him when he missed chances… 

If you are directly responding to a post I made, then respond to what I said in that post, which was why as everyone till that point given their analysis on the game mainly focusing on how poorly some players played or the pass that was cut from Iwobi but completely glossed over DCL miss as though it never happened

5 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

He is probably our best player, don't see him being in the championship should Everton go down

Notice you never said “we” -  on you go, you’ve had a little play. No one else bothering with you.