• James Tarkowski
    • Vitaliy Mykolenko
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • James Garner
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Dwight McNeil

Current Player of the Season standings....
Alex Iwobi...164
Amadou Onana...80
Jordan Pickford...75
Dwight McNeil...75
Demarai Gray...48
James Tarkowski...41
Idrissa Gana Gueye...39
Nathan Patterson...30
Seamus Coleman...25
Conor Coady...23
Michael Keane...23
Vitaliy Mykolenko...21
James Garner...20

Anthony Gordon...16
Abdoulaye Doucouré...11
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...11
Neal Maupay...8
Ellis Simms...7
Tom Davies...6
Ben Godfrey...5
Tom Cannon...4
Yerry Mina...4
Mason Holgate...1
Asmir Begović...1
Rúben Vinagre...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Leicester (A)...Dwight McNeil
Newcastle (H)...Dwight McNeil
Crystal Palace (A)...James Garner
Fulham (H)...Dwight McNeil
Manchester United (A)...Jordan Pickford
Tottenham (H)...Michael Keane
Chelsea (A)...Ellis Simms
Brentford (H)...Dwight McNeil
Nottingham Forest (H)...Dwight McNeil
Arsenal (A)...Dwight McNeil
Aston Villa (H)...Dwight McNeil
Leeds United (H)...Seamus Coleman
Liverpool (A)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Arsenal (H)...Amadou Onana
West Ham (A)...Tom Davies
Southampton (H)...Amadou Onana
Manchester United (A-FA Cup)...Demarai Gray
Brighton (H)...Demarai Gray
Manchester City (A)...Demarai Gray
Wolves (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye
Bournemouth (A)...Tom Cannon
Bournemouth (A-EFL Cup)...James Garner
Leicester (H)...Alex Iwobi
Fulham (A)...Jordan Pickford
Crystal Palace (H)...Alex Iwobi
Newcastle (A)...James Tarkowski
Tottenham (A)...James Tarkowski
Manchester United (H)...Alex Iwobi
Southampton (A)...Conor Coady
West Ham (H)...Alex Iwobi
Liverpool (H)...Jordan Pickford
Leeds (A)...Nathan Patterson
Brentford (A)...Anthony Gordon
Fleetwood Town (A-EFL Cup)...Alex Iwobi
Nottingham Forest (H)...Alex Iwobi
Aston Villa (A)...Alex Iwobi
Chelsea (H)...Alex Iwobi

Almost want to give it to Mina since he finally lasted 90 minutes, but I'm going with McNeil. He was pretty much involved in all the goals. Excellent game from him -- probably his best for us. Pickford was incredible too, and I could have given it to him if McNeil wasn't everywhere. 

It’s hard to pick which is a refreshing change.

Pickford made some absolutely massive saves. Doucs was everywhere and showed some of the quality he has been lacking. Dom, bullied their centre backs physically but also with his skill. Tarks/Mina won everything.

Mcneil though, running non stop made crucial defensive headers and showed the quality he has. Great game from him. 

McNeil, a player we all slated until Dyche came on board. McNeil was outstanding tonight, both going forward and defending, he’s been our Richy in the run in.

Pickford, DCL, Doucs all close runners, but overall a great team performance, City will be worried 😜

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

McNeil, a player we all slated until Dyche came on board. McNeil was outstanding tonight, both going forward and defending, he’s been our Richy in the run in.

Pickford, DCL, Doucs all close runners, but overall a great team performance, City will be worried 😜

You joke, and I wouldn't hold my breath on getting anything from the game, but they will not be wanting to go to goodison park next week at this stage of the season.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You joke, and I wouldn't hold my breath on getting anything from the game, but they will not be wanting to go to goodison park next week at this stage of the season.

Not really, I think we could get a point from that game, their true focus will be on the 2nd Madrid game next Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Genuinely could have voted for any of the 11 (even Mina :lol:), but I went with Pickford.

This - I can’t remember the last time when that was the case but that performance made me proud again! Unbelievable performance and an incredible result - just WOW!

Top performance all round from the team, as stated by RPG, shout out to Dyche for great team set up, they kept narrow and made it really difficult to play their game fluently and when we won it we were quick to counter and got forward in numbers.

I've gone with McNeil, it's great to see him performing so well under Dyche after most of us had written him off as a poor signing under Lampard.  He works incredibly hard up and down the pitch, and showed great composure for 3 of the goals he was involved in.  The first setting up Doucoure, I've seen so many times this season our final ball when we get forward be poor but having run a fair distance with it he took his time to spot and perfectly pick out Doucoure's run.  His first goal, he received a lovely pass from Iwobi but I expected him to hit it first time which may or may not have got a goal depending on the keeper but he calmly went round both the keeper and defender.  Similarly on his second he showed how much confidence he has back to unleash the shot in a difficult position.

Couldn't really fault anyone.  Mina had a brilliant game back though was daft to get himself booked.  When he wouldn't go over to the ref after an early foul I think he did himself no favours and probably brought on the booking later on!  Some great blocks though and did everything we expect from him at the back.

DCL's performances keep getting better, lovely work for that first goal, turned the defender easily, got down the line and once again a good composed pass to find Doucoure.  Won the ball, fouls and held up the play brilliantly in a tough game where we didn't have a lot of the ball.

Patterson - He struggled against Mitoma a bit in the first half but got better as it went on and was much better in the second.  He was a very tricky player to play against but I think Patterson held his own after a while.

Mykolenko, similarly put in a massive shift at full back, had a tough time when March came on but kept working hard to win everything on his side.

A quick stat on our defenders

Clearences

Mina - 13

Tarkowsky - 11

Mykolenko - 9

Patterson - 6

IMMENSE

Much more difficult opposition but I'm sure Pep will be taking notes after watching this game, he's an admirer of Brighton's play and he won't want to see us frustrate them in the same way!  Fingers crossed we can!