IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He any good? We seem to have people mentioning him a lot. But then you read he struggled to get into a relegated Leeds team and you wonder if that’s the type we should be looking for?

He is only 19 & it was his first crack at premier league football. I though he looked pretty decent when I saw him, also he is playing in the Italian national team. He would definitely add to the team and if the price is right, we wont lose money on him.

22 minutes ago, Btay said:

He is only 19 & it was his first crack at premier league football. I thought he looked pretty decent when I saw him, also he is playing in the Italian national team. He would definitely add to the team and if the price is right, we wont lose money on him.

Ahh makes more sense. Didn’t notice he was so young.

On 25/06/2023 at 16:07, Btay said:

He is only 19 & it was his first crack at premier league football. I thought he looked pretty decent when I saw him, also he is playing in the Italian national team. He would definitely add to the team and if the price is right, we wont lose money on him.

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a Moise Kean....although with 2 league goals and 4 assists to his name he's already more productive than Kean.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a Moise Kean....although with 2 league goals and 4 assists to his name he's already more productive than Kean.

It was obvious after watching Kean once that he wasn't very good. God knows what our scouts had seen in him.

I don't have a particular issue with the player. However, I am sure he will cost a lot more than the £3.8M Leeds apparently paid for him. Any idea what we would have to stump up?

He is definitely a prospect rather than a finished article, so if we do pay a more hefty (he's now played in the Premiership) fee what message does that send to Tom Cannon - if we pay a decent fee then he immediately jumps ahead of Cannon as the youngster who might break through, at least in a Cannons eye he would.

The club just need to be mindful of the Issac Price affect - I am sure he will have seen the Onana signing and thought I am not going to get a look in here. I am not suggesting we don't go and try and purchase top class youngsters, but the club need to do a much better job of communicating the overall strategies with our own in house youngsters.

He's not the tallest at 5'7". Before somebody lists all the great 'little players' I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but I would take a good big one over a good little one everyday of the week. and I say that as a short arse myself.

47 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't have a particular issue with the player. However, I am sure he will cost a lot more than the £3.8M Leeds apparently paid for him. Any idea what we would have to stump up?

He is definitely a prospect rather than a finished article, so if we do pay a more hefty (he's now played in the Premiership) fee what message does that send to Tom Cannon - if we pay a decent fee then he immediately jumps ahead of Cannon as the youngster who might break through, at least in a Cannons eye he would.

The club just need to be mindful of the Issac Price affect - I am sure he will have seen the Onana signing and thought I am not going to get a look in here. I am not suggesting we don't go and try and purchase top class youngsters, but the club need to do a much better job of communicating the overall strategies with our own in house youngsters.

He's not the tallest at 5'7". Before somebody lists all the great 'little players' I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but I would take a good big one over a good little one everyday of the week. and I say that as a short arse myself.

Gnonto is a winger, so why would his possible signing have an impact on Cannon?

Fair enough, if not a direct competition to the likes of Cannon.  I just read he was a forward and preferred position is as a second striker. A bit more reading up see he has mainly been used as a left winger but also says he is even shorter at 5'5".

Would much prefer if we as a club where able to go to the market and get these players at a prices closer to £4-5M, I am guess he will cost a fair few quid now, and maybe double the wages he is currently one.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

From what I saw of him he is a great player. It is unusual to see an attacking player his age make so many good decisions on the ball.

I am not really sure what happened to him at the end with the changes of manager but its not unusual for managers to place more trust in experience in relegation battles.

I said the same about Gray. Dyche wanted to put out a team that conceded less goals to give us a chance of stealing points.

This doesn’t mean he doesn’t want Gray as I dont expect him to play the same way at the start of next season. He has done the first step … not get relegated… now he can build the team a bit.

Gnonto not playing could also have been out of necessity as Leeds were in dire trouble as well.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I do that then people might start to think I'm not the joyful person I portray on here.

Bisto tits is one of the all time great names by the way. 

thing is - is gravy fattening?  I don’t think it is, I think gravy just captures him perfectly.  Has it all round his face, “big Sam” my arse, fat fucker. 

I hate the sight of him throwing a chewy in his mouth and looking like a camel 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

Coming here would 100% be better for his career development than going to spurs but I wouldn’t blame him for wanting a higher level immediately. These footballers are where they are in part due to their competitive fire and that extends to wanting to play at the highest level, sometimes before they are ready. 

100% on the nail. 
It’s not always just for the extra pay packet, but to reach the highest level. 
And that is understandable. 

But for progression, sometimes it’s better to learn to take steps rather than jump from 1-8.

28 minutes ago, Harv said:

It would be a great signing but can’t see him choosing us, over the Spurs and the bright lights of London.

Maybe one day someone will look at the the relative success of choosing Spurs over us and realise we're not such a bad option!

The amount of players that have either gone from us to them or chosen to go to Spurs instead of us seem pretty high and most of the time those players have done f'all whilst at Spurs.