IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

2 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Maybe one day someone will look at the the relative success of choosing Spurs over us and realise we're not such a bad option!

The amount of players that have either gone from us to them or chosen to go to Spurs instead of us seem pretty high and most of the time those players have done f'all whilst at Spurs.

Or maybe one day people will realise that most of what is reported is a load of bollocks and there's every chance Spurs aren't even interested.

Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Or maybe one day people will realise that most of what is reported is a load of bollocks and there's every chance Spurs aren't even interested.

Just a thought.

don't disagree but we have lost out to Spurs on a good few players.

Because of that I think it's an easy link for the media to put in, despite performing much better than us in the league for a good while now we still often seem to go for different players.

Not ridiculous money being asked for him considering we got £45m for Gordon and £8m for Simms.

19 years old is very young for a player to have already been physically cutting the mustard at Premiership level, never mind his footballing ability. I see him as pretty low risk at around £19M, and comes with the potential to double or triple your money.

If he does come to us, my guess would be ifs for the opportunity to play regular first team premiership football over being on the bench or being loan out by other teams. That would show me the right type of hunger in a player.

Finger crossed on this one. 

I really like this kid, and it would be a great piece of business simply evaluating his current level, upside, and fee.

That said, the only concern is he prefers playing on the left, which will leave us in the same predicament we were in last year -  two solid wings (depending on your opinion of McNeil and Gray) but both prefer to play on the left. I'll be honest I haven't watched him a ton so would love to hear if he's comfortable playing on the right (or in the middle).

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

well I think we know how this story goes by now, Everton agree fee with club and player ends up somewhere else. I guess Villa now know the fee needed and will just nip in under our noses. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

well I think we know how this story goes by now, Everton agree fee with club and player ends up somewhere else. I guess Villa now know the fee needed and will just nip in under our noses. 

Groundhog Day again.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Italian sky sport (not our sky sports) saying it's a done deal to us. 🙏

I would be over the moon with it! Him, cannon & Dobbin look like good options around the same age. Gnonto a bit further along in development it seems but good to see!