IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

4 minutes ago, RPG said:

Leeds have just given a statement on Gnonto.

Basically, he is not for sale, he refused to play against Shrewsbury and has also refused to play v Birmingham tomorrow. There is an internal disciplinary process now taking place. So, I guess he has no future at Leeds and it would be a good time to submit a transfer request.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/31820/club-statement-willy-gnonto

Partly our own doing this mess we’ve dragged it out. 
we were supposedly 1.7 million from a deal after putting a 15m bid in now they are talking 30m

im not sure we get him now

26 minutes ago, RPG said:

Leeds have just given a statement on Gnonto.

Basically, he is not for sale, he refused to play against Shrewsbury and has also refused to play v Birmingham tomorrow. There is an internal disciplinary process now taking place. So, I guess he has no future at Leeds and it would be a good time to submit a transfer request.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/31820/club-statement-willy-gnonto

Do we really need a player with such attitude?

If he’s insisting he wants to leave, and they are saying no, then I can understand why he’s doing what he’s doing. 
But if we’re dealing with his agent while this is going on then we need to be ready to pay a bit more if Leeds crack as they will want to save face. 

11 minutes ago, patto said:

Of course you can only go on what is in the media. 
I said from day one pay the asking fee. 
penny pinching has probably lost us a very good prospect only time will tell. 

The asking price may have been £30m or whatever from day one… in our precarious financial position with FFP, we need to penny pinch wherever we can and the structure of every deal is vitally important. We clearly want him and there’s clearly been contact but everything else is just propaganda… I expect Leeds will put out a line to suit them, Gnonto and his agent will put out a line to suit them and Everton and any other team interested will put out a line to suit them.

3 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Seems like a decent bloke. Refusing to play for anyone else, because is heart is set on playing for Everton.

Don't see anything wrong with that! 😉

If given the chance, he will do the same to us. Setting aside our biases, Leeds have promised to sell him and are simply trying to maximize their revenue. The transfer window is not over, yet he's refusing to play for them. This is incredibly unprofessional.

37 minutes ago, Haiku said:

If given the chance, he will do the same to us. Setting aside our biases, Leeds have promised to sell him and are simply trying to maximize their revenue. The transfer window is not over, yet he's refusing to play for them. This is incredibly unprofessional.

When did Leeds promise to sell him though, This season? Their official statement yesterday said he was not for sale. 

We’ve seen this dance before haven’t we.   Not very nice but the outcome is usually the same…. Player gets their move. 

Leeds may try and spite us by selling to someone else but it seems this kid is very headstrong. 

I didn’t like Gordon doing it and I don’t like it when players do this shit. Ultimately he’s a very good player and I do hope we get him. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

We won't get him now, Leeds will hold us to ransom. We started off offering 17m when they wanted 20m, now that they've upped the asking price to 25m we've got no chance.

It’s all part of the game Bill.   They will know he’s not gonna be part of their plans cos he’s mentally off, he’s been offered 6x his current salary more than likely and he’s essentially saying “if I get crocked now. I’m writing off £7m so I’m not playing”

it’s a life changing move. He won’t be financially secure as it stands, but with his next transfer he will be. 

Leeds will be looking where to invest the money. 

No way that’s true. He’s said he wants Everton, if the club said they’d sell him but not for Everton they’d risk players becoming weary of going there not to mention taking the leader to sign him out of the running which would likely bring down the sale price somewhat. Doesn’t make any sense at all.

31 minutes ago, RPG said:

It was posted from one of the regular 'ITKs' but I can't remember which one and now I can't find it or it has been removed. 

Put yourself in Leeds' shoes. They obviously don't want to sell Gnonto but, behind the scenes, they will probably accept that there is no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. So, they grudgingly accept that he will leave, but they will make life as difficult as possible for Gnonto and Everton (who they blame for tapping up Gnonto) by not letting him go anywhere until deadline day and refusing to sell to Everton.

If we are the only club still showing interest on TDD then we may get him but I think Leeds are pissed off with Everton and will agree a deal with any other club than us if they can.

If you think they are pissed off now wait until we try send Maupay, Holgate + cash the other way…

1 hour ago, RPG said:

It was posted from one of the regular 'ITKs' but I can't remember which one and now I can't find it or it has been removed. 

Put yourself in Leeds' shoes. They obviously don't want to sell Gnonto but, behind the scenes, they will probably accept that there is no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. So, they grudgingly accept that he will leave, but they will make life as difficult as possible for Gnonto and Everton (who they blame for tapping up Gnonto) by not letting him go anywhere until deadline day and refusing to sell to Everton.

If we are the only club still showing interest on TDD then we may get him but I think Leeds are pissed off with Everton and will agree a deal with any other club than us if they can.

By then we’ve moved on and they keep a player who is unhappy and wants out and now have to wait until January and hope someone comes in for him. 
Very smart move by Leeds.

And we think our club is ran badly. Just shows that we’re not alone here haha.