IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Or maybe they actually are trying their best?

We aren’t exactly an attractive proposition coming off back to back relegation battles and with the FFP case hanging over us, not to mention the financial restrictions we are operating under

So far I have been pleasantly surprised by the business we have done and if we get an established CF and Gnonto over the line without losing any of our big hitters it will have been an excellent window, even more so if we can shift a bit more dead wood

Gnonto was always going to be a difficult deal to do since Leeds are clearly reluctant to sell and we equally clearly can’t afford to make them an offer they simply can’t refuse

We are no doubt working hard on it…. But how many windows do we fail because we stay blinkered. We badly need a striker. 

4 minutes ago, patto said:

4 yrs I think 

Yea so that’s what this is really about. They want him there to try and help promotion but if he sat out all season they would likely be able to sell him for about the same next summer given his age. They don’t have a real incentive, especially late in the window. His only recourse if he wants to get a move is to annoy their management and their fanbase enough where he’s just not going to take the field for them and potentially risk a future transfer fee 

13 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Yea so that’s what this is really about. They want him there to try and help promotion but if he sat out all season they would likely be able to sell him for about the same next summer given his age. They don’t have a real incentive, especially late in the window. His only recourse if he wants to get a move is to annoy their management and their fanbase enough where he’s just not going to take the field for them and potentially risk a future transfer fee 

He wouldn't sit out the season if he doesn't move, they'd have to try and reintegrate him into the side. But the way their fans have reacted to all this (taking banners to last night's game and singing lovely songs about him :lol:) that's going to be very divisive, and would harm their promotion push if the fans are abusing their own player during a game.

My hope is that Leeds have been waiting for Gnonto (not Gnoto people!) to put in this request so they can show how tough they've been and not lose any face and put it all on Gnonto.

To be fair, when a player hands in a transfer request, a club should sell so long as the offer is acceptable.

At the point of a request, you're holding an emplpyee against his will...and, to be fair, players should do this straight away rather than refuse to play etc.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

To be fair, when a player hands in a transfer request, a club should sell so long as the offer is acceptable.

At the point of a request, you're holding an emplpyee against his will...and, to be fair, players should do this straight away rather than refuse to play etc.

Nonsense.

Gnonto shouldn't have signed such a long term deal if he had no intention of seeing it through.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Or bite someone that’s worked a few times for Suarez. A contract should represent the best interests of both parties, and if one side wants to break that contract then it should only be if both parties are in agreement. Leeds have said we don’t want to sell that’s their right, he signed of his own free will and had no options to dissolve his contract if someone offered a certain amount or if they were relegated, he has the right to hand in a written transfer request, but he has no right to expect Leeds to agree to it. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Gnonto should be furious with his agent for not having any relegation clause in his contract.

Gnonto should be furious with Everton for penny pinching from day 1 the price is escalating day to day. 
we’ve gone from 15m to 25m it’s 2 months now if we had offered 20m at the start I’m sure he would be playing for us now. 
how do our online accounts feel about this now. 
it’s an absolute shambles. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Gnonto should be furious with Everton for penny pinching from day 1 the price is escalating day to day. 
we’ve gone from 15m to 25m it’s 2 months now if we had offered 20m at the start I’m sure he would be playing for us now. 
how do our online accounts feel about this now. 
it’s an absolute shambles. 

As much as I want him & think he is a talented player I am glad we are no longer being held to ransom when buying players. If we have offered 5m over their asking price & they still have not accepted it, then it would seem Leeds are holding out for a bidding war. Not every transfer is straight forward however Thewell at least seems to be trying to spend money in a responsible matter.

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

As much as I want him & think he is a talented player I am glad we are no longer being held to ransom when buying players. If we have offered 5m over their asking price & they still have not accepted it, then it would seem Leeds are holding out for a bidding war. Not every transfer is straight forward however Thewell at least seems to be trying to spend money in a responsible matter.

I’m not blaming Thelwell I’m blaming whoever does the negotiating. 
it’s the same with Adams going in with 12m when they want 15m we are in a desperate situation. 
the difference in price is finishing a place or 2 higher in the league which could save you from relegation 

42 minutes ago, patto said:

it’s the same with Adams going in with 12m when they want 15m we are in a desperate situation. 
the difference in price is finishing a place or 2 higher in the league which could save you from relegation 

It will be the structure of the deal.   We aren’t penny pinching through choice.

we’ve gone from over paying and no doubt giving clubs most of the cash up front - to scrimping and trying to Klarna our way through business.  All down to complete mismanagement 

48 minutes ago, patto said:

Again we don't all the details of the deals, how many deals we are trying to complete nor our financial situation. If we over paid 5-10m like you suggesting we do that is us potentially missing out on other deals we may be trying to complete. It could also, as Haf has mentioned be FFP related & the overspend you are suggesting could* result in points deductions from FFP breaches.

*again - we don't know the details.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Again we don't all the details of the deals, how many deals we are trying to complete nor our financial situation. If we over paid 5-10m like you suggesting we do that is us potentially missing out on other deals we may be trying to complete. It could also, as Haf has mentioned be FFP related & the overspend you are suggesting could* result in points deductions from FFP breaches.

*again - we don't know the details.

The media want us to have a points deduction

Nottingham Forrest haven’t paid players wages and are still spending they recruited over 30 players last season apparently 

57 minutes ago, patto said:

The media want us to have a points deduction

Nottingham Forrest haven’t paid players wages and are still spending they recruited over 30 players last season apparently 

Didn’t they not spend until last season? And most of the signings likely had 3 or 4 year contracts, so the ramifications of those signings likely won’t be known for a few years.

We are currently dealing with the ramifications of being a dumpster fire for years now. There’s a difference.