IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Think back a couple of days ago to when it was reported that Harrison was fucking us off for Villa... there was absolutely no truth to it whatsoever. Do some of you learn from that? Nope, here you go again turning into fannies flapping about a whisper that another club are in for him despite there being nothing to suggest it's even true.

I like a bit of fanny but please stop, it's really fucking boring.

Groundhog’s Day every window for us. For those Bill Murray fans out there

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Think back a couple of days ago to when it was reported that Harrison was fucking us off for Villa... there was absolutely no truth to it whatsoever. Do some of you learn from that? Nope, here you go again turning into fannies flapping about a whisper that another club are in for him despite there being nothing to suggest it's even true.

I like a bit of fanny but please stop, it's really fucking boring.

What on earth has happened to our great club, Mark? Too many players having too much sex and not performing and a fanbase of fannies following them. Is it any wonder we're in such trouble?

It doesn't look like Leeds are going to buckle in selling him and without getting top top dollar.

This is where I feel Everton do tend to go wrong - they seem to spend so much time chasing down particular transfers, and simply leave no time afterward to sort out alternatives. End up with none - or last minute sticking plaster signings. 

I understand why there is so much skepticism around our transfer business given the last 5 or so years, but I actually think we've done a solid job this window especially considering our resources.

We clearly really like Gnoto, but when it started dragging on we got Harrison on loan as cover not to mention Danjuma

And with Danjuma we knew he could moonlight as a striker in worst case scenario, but weve also brought on Chermiti for the future and continue to look at first team quality options

I'm actually quite pleased with how we've gone about our business this window. We're not going to get every target, but unlike in previous windows I feel like there are Plans A B and C

34 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I understand why there is so much skepticism around our transfer business given the last 5 or so years, but I actually think we've done a solid job this window especially considering our resources.

We clearly really like Gnoto, but when it started dragging on we got Harrison on loan as cover not to mention Danjuma

And with Danjuma we knew he could moonlight as a striker in worst case scenario, but weve also brought on Chermiti for the future and continue to look at first team quality options

I'm actually quite pleased with how we've gone about our business this window. We're not going to get every target, but unlike in previous windows I feel like there are Plans A B and C

I don’t have your confidence the only thing I know is we have 1 player Jack Harrison who is good enough but injured. 
regarding Danjuma is he good enough we don’t know. 
Chermiti will probably only play bit parts for now. 
we still need a striker a midfielder and a defender. 

I think the few glimpses I had of Danjuma when he came on shown that he is capable of getting into our team and doing a good job.

His first few touches showed that he wants to turn and go at the defence. Decent pace as well.

Gnonto is another player that would be capable of dropping into the middle up front and giving us another option.

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I have some mind blowing information here guys. Fresh off the press!!

Its possible to pursue more than one player at a time. 🤯

Just because we’re reading in the press about the Gnonto move it doesn’t mean we aren’t trying for various other players, like a striker. 
The reason it seems like all we are doing is going after Gnonto is because his people and our people are feeding it to the press to put pressure on Leeds. 

If this is news to absolutely anyone then you haven’t been following football long enough. 

Yea this same thing baffles me. Every window we get the same comments about how business is conducted as if it’s the first time anyone has ever been through a transfer period. 

Getting a Gnonto or similar would be the cherry on top but I think we’ve done quite well this window given our restraints. I reserve the right to change my mind if we lose Onana or something but absent that, I’m encouraged.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Maybe they want to roll out the “we tried our best but couldn’t get things over the line” excuse. 

Or maybe they actually are trying their best?

We aren’t exactly an attractive proposition coming off back to back relegation battles and with the FFP case hanging over us, not to mention the financial restrictions we are operating under

So far I have been pleasantly surprised by the business we have done and if we get an established CF and Gnonto over the line without losing any of our big hitters it will have been an excellent window, even more so if we can shift a bit more dead wood

Gnonto was always going to be a difficult deal to do since Leeds are clearly reluctant to sell and we equally clearly can’t afford to make them an offer they simply can’t refuse