IGNORED

Wilfried Gnonto

10 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Didn’t they not spend until last season? And most of the signings likely had 3 or 4 year contracts, so the ramifications of those signings likely won’t be known for a few years.

We are currently dealing with the ramifications of being a dumpster fire for years now. There’s a difference.

I thought FFP was based on a 3 year period hence we have spent very little in the last 2 years. 
it seems everyone wants us punished. 
I urge evertonians to not read buy the daily mail they seem to have an agenda against us. 

34 minutes ago, patto said:

I thought FFP was based on a 3 year period hence we have spent very little in the last 2 years. 
it seems everyone wants us punished. 
I urge evertonians to not read buy the daily mail they seem to have an agenda against us. 

It’s not on spend it’s about losses, we are so shite that we don’t need to spend much to be at a loss

20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Nonsense.

Gnonto shouldn't have signed such a long term deal if he had no intention of seeing it through.

It's not nonsense at all. It's my opinion on a subject that has no definitive right or wrong.

The length of the contract allows Leeds to command a higher fee.

Should he have just signed on a year by year basis?! 

Most likely Gnotto is being poorly represented. He's 19. How many of us knew what we really wanted at that age?

And, if I'm honest, the whole thing does put me off wanting him a bit because it does make me a bit wary of him or who's around him.

We've enough trouble at the moment.

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

Or bite someone that’s worked a few times for Suarez. A contract should represent the best interests of both parties, and if one side wants to break that contract then it should only be if both parties are in agreement. Leeds have said we don’t want to sell that’s their right, he signed of his own free will and had no options to dissolve his contract if someone offered a certain amount or if they were relegated, he has the right to hand in a written transfer request, but he has no right to expect Leeds to agree to it. 

It's pointless keeping hold of someone who doesn't want to be there 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It's pointless keeping hold of someone who doesn't want to be there 🤷‍♂️

Looks like they have and as I thought he has back tracked otherwise they have the power to put his career pretty much on hold. But we can’t have players who decide they can get a better option elsewhere forcing clubs to sell them even though they still have a long time left on their contract, as much as clubs can’t sell a player to a club he doesn’t want to go to. So again fair play to Leeds for sticking to their guns. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We've made losses but they've not been as big as in the past, as far as I can remember.

The reports I read were (approx) 45M Loss 21-22 (fact), with an estimated break-even for 22-23 (won't be reported for a while yet. So if we have a decent/frugal year this year we could be looking very healthy next year (from an FFP standpoint). 

Although we lost 45M that was better than the 120M the year prior.

So currently it is (120M) + (45M) +projected (0M)....so still in the shit. But next year it should be way better (high earners ditched, some income from Gordon/Moise etc)

5 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Didn’t they not spend until last season? And most of the signings likely had 3 or 4 year contracts, so the ramifications of those signings likely won’t be known for a few years.

We are currently dealing with the ramifications of being a dumpster fire for years now. There’s a difference.

Correct. They spent next to nothing (net spend) when in Championship then had a net spend of 195M last year...LOL. So they need to reign it in or technically they should be fucked with FFP next year. That said, it's about losses not spend, so perhaps the promotion to the prem and possible hike in season ticket sales/volume plus TV money has helped offset.

40 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

By this rationale, you are saying clubs have no right in trying to sell players during their contract term either. 

The reality is, it has to be a mutual agreement in both cases. And in both scenarios the other party will do what they can to force the move.

Player - he refuses to play, hands in transfer request etc

Club - If they want to sell someone and that person doesn't want to go - they probably don't pick them or perhaps make them train with reserves.

Both sides of these situations (not just the Gnonto one) are trying to manipulate the situation to get the outcome they want.

Best post on the subject yet.